|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what age did Jeremy eventually get married?
(c) In his mid-thirties.
(d) In his forties.
2. In Part One, what do we learn about Bernard's current political views?
(a) He is a liberal.
(b) He is still a Communist.
(c) He is very conservative.
(d) He is no longer involved in politics at all.
3. What is odd about the story of how June and Bernard first met and began to date?
(a) They met by accident.
(b) They met on a blind date and disliked each other.
(c) They each have a different story about it.
(d) June "stole" Bernard from another woman.
4. What happens to the boy having dinner at the hotel?
(a) He throws up his dinner.
(b) He is beaten by his father.
(c) He faints.
(d) He is attacked by dogs.
5. When do Jenny and Jeremy end up getting married?
(a) Three years after meeting.
(b) The day after their first excursion together.
(c) Ten months after they first meet.
(d) They never actually marry.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Bernard talks about June's wanting to living apart from him in Part Two, what does he refer to himself as?
2. Bernard accuses June of having left the Party years before he did, but for a different reason. What was her reason, according to Bernard?
3. What is Jeremy's reaction to discovering what June and Bernard's obsession together had been?
4. Why were some people in St. Maurice suspicious of Danielle Bertrand when she came to live there?
5. Where does Jeremy stop for a beer while walking through St. Maurice?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)