|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bernard accuses June of having left the Party years before he did, but for a different reason. What was her reason, according to Bernard?
(a) June saw a tragic flaw in Communism and became an atheist.
(b) She converted to Stalinism.
(c) June wanted to be as different from Bernard as she could be.
(d) June wanted to trade that utopian ideal for another.
2. What does June believe she discovered after the incident with the dogs?
(b) Her true self.
(c) The perfect animals.
(d) The meaning of life.
3. What organization did June join when she was eighteen-years-old?
(a) The John Birch Society.
(b) The Socialist Cycling Club.
(c) The Feminist Movement.
(d) The Catholic Church.
4. What does Bernard tell Jeremy they are standing near when they come upon a very large hole?
(a) An old Gestapo headquarters.
(b) A mass grave site for Russian soldiers.
(c) Hitler's bunker.
(d) The Nazi Party's last battle with the enemy.
5. When Jenny told Jeremy she considered him a friend and touched his hand, what happened next?
(a) He told her he had a girlfriend in England.
(b) He kissed her.
(c) He backed away.
(d) He stood still, not knowing what to do.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Jeremy, in Part Two, tells Bernard what June spoke about in a personal way about the two of them, how does Bernard react?
2. Where does Jeremy realize he and Bernard had seen the woman and her friend who helps them to a taxi?
3. How does Jenny react when Jeremy tells her that he thinks he is going mad with listening to these conversations in his head?
4. What is inferred in the last sentence of the Preface?
5. In Part One, what do we learn about Bernard's current political views?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)