|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jeremy hears a running conversation in his head while in the bergerie, alone. Who is talking in his head?
(a) Sally and Jean.
(b) June and Jenny.
(c) June and Bernard.
(d) Jenny and he.
2. When Jeremy tries to get some words in edgewise during the conversation he is overhearing, what do the voices do?
(a) They stop completely.
(b) They completely ignore him.
(c) There is violent yelling.
(d) They are silent for a few moments.
3. What is it that June dreaded when thinking about marriage?
(a) Shopping for groceries.
(b) Having babies.
(d) The honeymoon.
4. What finally drew Bernard away from the Communist Party?
(a) The contradictions between the reality and the fantasy of it.
(b) The Cold War.
(c) June did.
(d) The difficulty in traveling to Russia.
5. Why does Bernard stare at girls on the street?
(a) He is looking for a trace of the old June.
(b) He is attracted to beautiful young women.
(c) He thinks of his daughter, Jenny.
(d) He wonders if they could be converted to the Party.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Bernard entertain in restaurants?
2. What did Jean think of Jeremy's friend, Toby?
3. How does Bernard refer to June's preoccupation with the spiritual world in Part Two?
4. When Jenny told Jeremy she considered him a friend and touched his hand, what happened next?
5. What was Bernard's attitude towards the insect and, as he understands now, most things and June?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)