|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Harper end up doing by the end of the summer of Jeremy's eighteenth birthday?
(a) He wrote his life story.
(b) He took Jean and left Sally with Jeremy.
(c) He went back to college for an external degree.
(d) He left Jean for good.
2. When Jeremy, in Part Two, tells Bernard what June spoke about in a personal way about the two of them, how does Bernard react?
(a) He turns on his heel and leaves Jeremy without a word.
(b) He begins to cry.
(c) He laughs and says it was just like her to say that.
(d) He is angry and says she got an important detail wrong.
3. How long did Bernard stay in the Communist Party?
(a) Twenty years.
(b) All his life so far.
(c) Ten years.
(d) Thirty years.
4. How does Jenny react when Jeremy tells her that he thinks he is going mad with listening to these conversations in his head?
(a) She cries.
(b) She tells him to rush to a hospital.
(c) She lets him know that he asked for it.
(d) She implies that she will rush over to be with him.
5. What completely overshadowed Jeremy and Jenny's life until their first child was born?
(a) Bernard's drinking.
(b) Jeremy's work.
(c) June's illness.
(d) Jenny's inability to have a child.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were June and Bernard doing at the time the photograph in Part One was taken?
2. What is Jeremy's reaction to discovering what June and Bernard's obsession together had been?
3. What was Bernard's attitude towards the insect and, as he understands now, most things and June?
4. In what way did Jeremy identify with Sally?
5. What is it about a small boy dining at the hotel that touches Jeremy?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)