|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Jeremy do for Sally?
(a) He played with and looked after her.
(b) He gave her meals.
(c) He took her away from her parents.
(d) He took her to school every day.
2. At what stage was June put into the hospice?
(a) Seven years before she died.
(b) She never entered a hospice.
(c) Two weeks before she died.
(d) When she was terminal.
3. When Jeremy spoke with Bernard, how did he feel about June?
(a) He felt June was right in her world beliefs.
(b) He felt sorry for her.
(c) He was glad he knew her.
(d) He knew June was outlandishlly wrong about the world.
4. In Part Three of the book, Jeremy asks Bernard to tell him the details of a story. Which story is that?
(a) The Maire's story about the dogs.
(b) The truth behind Bernard's injured leg.
(c) The story of Hitler's invasion of France.
(d) How June acted in the Hotel des Tilleuls.
5. What does Mme. Auriac give the little boy who got hurt?
(a) A cold soda.
(b) An ice pack.
(c) Ice cream.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Bernard's profession?
2. What were June and Bernard doing at the time the photograph in Part One was taken?
3. In the Preface, what liberty does Jeremy report that he takes in his book?
4. In Part 1, what is it that Jeremy is thinking as he stares at June's photograph as a young newlywed?
5. Why won't Bernard make conversation with the taxi driver who takes him to the airport?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)