|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what year is the framed photograph on June Tremaine's locker by her bed in the nursing home?
2. When Jeremy spoke with Bernard, how did he feel about June?
(a) He knew June was outlandishlly wrong about the world.
(b) He felt sorry for her.
(c) He felt June was right in her world beliefs.
(d) He was glad he knew her.
3. What did Harper end up doing by the end of the summer of Jeremy's eighteenth birthday?
(a) He went back to college for an external degree.
(b) He left Jean for good.
(c) He wrote his life story.
(d) He took Jean and left Sally with Jeremy.
4. What was it about the photograph of June and Bernard that Jeremy kept looking at that was so appealing to him?
(a) The innocence of the time it was taken in.
(b) The colors were true to life.
(c) They both were in formal dress.
(d) Their smiles were infectious.
5. How does Jeremy react to hearing June talk like a Californian professional or a dazed hippie?
(a) He asks to tape record her.
(b) He is disgusted.
(c) He is uncomfortable.
(d) He wants to hear more.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part One, what do we learn about Bernard's current political views?
2. What does June believe she discovered after the incident with the dogs?
3. What is happening in Jean and Harper's relationship?
4. What does Bernard think of living in and reflecting upon the present?
5. According to Jeremy, looking after children is one way of what?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)