|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bernard tells people that June believes the dogs she encountered on the path were something other than just dogs. What were they?
(b) Satan's familiars.
(c) The ghosts of her parents.
2. What did Jeremy continue to do after leaving North Oxford?
(a) Switching girlfriends.
(c) Writing to Harper.
(d) Leaving places and people.
3. What does Bernard look like?
(a) He is scrawny and plain looking.
(b) He is bald with a goatee.
(c) He is obese and bald.
(d) He is large with a generous face.
4. What was June's basic view about life?
(a) Life was random.
(b) It was best not to examine it.
(c) It had a purpose.
(d) God had no hand in it.
5. In Part One, what do we learn about Bernard's current political views?
(a) He is still a Communist.
(b) He is a liberal.
(c) He is very conservative.
(d) He is no longer involved in politics at all.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the dream that has haunted June for forty years?
2. In what way did Jeremy identify with Sally?
3. What is Jeremy's reaction to discovering what June and Bernard's obsession together had been?
4. How does Jeremy react to hearing June talk like a Californian professional or a dazed hippie?
5. What did Jeremy realize to be the simplest way of getting back a lost parent?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)