|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is it about Jeremy that reminds June of Bernard?
(a) His warmth and kindness.
(b) His dryness and distance.
(c) His looks.
(d) His sense of humor.
2. What did June discover about herself the morning after the dolmen?
(a) She had physical courage.
(b) She could not have children.
(c) She was a tired woman.
(d) She loved another man.
3. Why did Jeremy persist in his friendship with his in-laws?
(a) Due to a lifetime habit of befriending parental figures.
(b) They were so alike in all ways.
(c) He loved them.
(d) They were constantly at his home.
4. What does Bernard think of living in and reflecting upon the present?
(a) One can learn about life.
(b) It should be combined with the past.
(c) It is the only way to live.
(d) It is self-indulgent.
5. What does June want to be the centerpiece of the memoir Jeremy is writing about her?
(a) A certain Christmas dinner.
(b) Her marriage to Bernard.
(c) Her divorce.
(d) The black dogs.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what stage was June put into the hospice?
2. In what way did Jeremy identify with Sally?
3. What is the Dolmen de la Prunarede?
4. What is odd about the story of how June and Bernard first met and began to date?
5. In Part One, what do we learn about Bernard's current political views?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)