|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Jeremy think of his friends' need to disassociate themselves from their parents?
(a) They were in a downward social spiral.
(b) They were heading for a nervous breakdown.
(c) They intended to become criminals.
(d) They would never make anything of themselves.
2. What did Jean think of Jeremy's friend, Toby?
(a) She had no feelings towards him at all.
(b) She hated him.
(c) She had never met him.
(d) She secretly was in love with him.
3. In what way were June and Bernard alike in the beginning of their relationship?
(a) They were ophans.
(b) They both enjoyed theater and music.
(c) They were very spiritual.
(d) They were both communists.
4. Why did Jeremy work so hard at studying for his A levels?
(a) He wanted to go to university and leave home.
(b) To find the right girl at a new school.
(c) He wanted to prove how smart he reallly was.
(d) To attract an older woman.
5. During June's generation, what was the worst possible thing that could happen to a girl?
(a) Getting a divorce.
(b) Not being married by the age of 25.
(c) Being pregnant outside of marriage.
(d) Becoming a nun.
Short Answer Questions
1. As she lay ill in bed, who do we learn June is jealous of as regards Bernard?
2. Bernard tells people that June believes the dogs she encountered on the path were something other than just dogs. What were they?
3. What does Bernard look like?
4. What kind of religious service is performed at June's burial?
5. What did Jeremy do for Sally?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)