|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part One, what do we learn about Bernard's current political views?
(a) He is a liberal.
(b) He is no longer involved in politics at all.
(c) He is still a Communist.
(d) He is very conservative.
2. What is inferred in the last sentence of the Preface?
(a) June and Bernard never forgive Jeremy.
(b) Jeremy believes in ghosts and spiritualism.
(c) June and Bernard haunt Jeremy's home.
(d) June and Bernard are dead.
3. Where was June living when Jeremy was visiting her and taking notes in Part One?
(a) A nursing home.
(b) St. Privat.
(d) The Dolmen.
4. Why does Jeremy state that he was something of a parent at the age of seventeen?
(a) He felt older than all of his school friends.
(b) He took care of his sister's only child.
(c) His girlfirend got pregnant and ran away.
(d) He wanted to become a teacher.
5. What did Jean and Harper spend a lot of their time doing?
(a) Drinking and fighting.
(b) Going out to the movies.
(c) Taking cruises.
(d) Going to museums.
Short Answer Questions
1. Besides Communism, what is one of June's other passions as a young girl?
2. To whom does Jeremy dedicate his memoir?
3. What is the Dolmen de la Prunarede?
4. At what stage was June put into the hospice?
5. In what way did Jeremy identify with Sally?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)