|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What finally drew Bernard away from the Communist Party?
(a) June did.
(b) The contradictions between the reality and the fantasy of it.
(c) The Cold War.
(d) The difficulty in traveling to Russia.
2. What organization did June join when she was eighteen-years-old?
(a) The John Birch Society.
(b) The Catholic Church.
(c) The Feminist Movement.
(d) The Socialist Cycling Club.
3. How long did Bernard stay in the Communist Party?
(a) All his life so far.
(b) Thirty years.
(c) Twenty years.
(d) Ten years.
4. What is inferred in the last sentence of the Preface?
(a) June and Bernard never forgive Jeremy.
(b) Jeremy believes in ghosts and spiritualism.
(c) June and Bernard haunt Jeremy's home.
(d) June and Bernard are dead.
5. What did Jean think of Jeremy's friend, Toby?
(a) She hated him.
(b) She secretly was in love with him.
(c) She had no feelings towards him at all.
(d) She had never met him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did June get her doctor on her side and change the staff's attitude toward her?
2. What did June and Bernard think their unborn child (Jenny) would one day become?
3. What were June and Bernard doing at the time the photograph in Part One was taken?
4. What is Jeremy's reaction to discovering what June and Bernard's obsession together had been?
5. What does June use to successfully attack the larger dog?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)