|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does June believe she discovered after the incident with the dogs?
(a) Her true self.
(b) The meaning of life.
(c) The perfect animals.
2. What did Jean and Harper spend a lot of their time doing?
(a) Going out to the movies.
(b) Going to museums.
(c) Drinking and fighting.
(d) Taking cruises.
3. What is happening in Jean and Harper's relationship?
(a) They are engaged.
(b) They are expecting another child.
(c) They are coming apart.
(d) They have decided to have an "open marriage".
4. What was June's job when she first encountered Bernard?
(a) Socialist Party leader.
(b) Senator's secretary.
(c) French teacher for foreign diplomat's children.
(d) Interpreter and occasional translator of French documents.
5. Why did Jeremy persist in his friendship with his in-laws?
(a) They were constantly at his home.
(b) Due to a lifetime habit of befriending parental figures.
(c) They were so alike in all ways.
(d) He loved them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is odd about the story of how June and Bernard first met and began to date?
2. Why does Jeremy go knocking on his friend, Toby's, door?
3. What did Jeremy think of his friends' need to disassociate themselves from their parents?
4. What organization did June join when she was eighteen-years-old?
5. What did Bernard usually do when he knew Jeremy had just been to see June?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)