|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bernard tell Jeremy they are standing near when they come upon a very large hole?
(a) A mass grave site for Russian soldiers.
(b) An old Gestapo headquarters.
(c) The Nazi Party's last battle with the enemy.
(d) Hitler's bunker.
2. What symbol do some of the teenage boys who harass Bernard have on their selves?
(b) Sickle and hammers.
(c) Skull and crossbones.
(d) Peace signs.
3. What happens to Bernard when a group of teenagers approach him at the Berlin Wall?
(a) He is dragged through the streets by his legs.
(b) He is beaten to death.
(c) He gets kicked in the shin and falls down.
(d) He is called names and becomes embarassed.
4. Why was Jeremy hesitant to visit Majdanek?
(a) He did not have the time.
(b) He was reluctant to spend the money.
(c) He did not understand why anyone would go there.
(d) He had been to Belsen once and that was enough for him.
5. When Jeremy, in Part Two, tells Bernard what June spoke about in a personal way about the two of them, how does Bernard react?
(a) He is angry and says she got an important detail wrong.
(b) He begins to cry.
(c) He laughs and says it was just like her to say that.
(d) He turns on his heel and leaves Jeremy without a word.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jeremy believes the man in the crowd holding a Communist flag is of a certain nationality. What is it?
2. Where did Jeremy and Jenny first meet?
3. Why won't Bernard make conversation with the taxi driver who takes him to the airport?
4. Why was Jeremy unable to eat his breakfast at the convention where he met Jenny?
5. At what stage was June put into the hospice?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)