|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Jenny want to go while at the convention?
(a) To a concentration camp.
(b) To the movie theatre.
(c) To Krakow.
2. What does Bernard tell Jeremy they are standing near when they come upon a very large hole?
(a) Hitler's bunker.
(b) A mass grave site for Russian soldiers.
(c) An old Gestapo headquarters.
(d) The Nazi Party's last battle with the enemy.
3. In what way did Jeremy realize he had heard of Jenny's father, Bernard Tremaine?
(a) He had read his autobiography.
(b) From television talk shows.
(c) From a chance meeting at an airport.
(d) From radio programs and his biography of Nasser.
4. Why was Jeremy hesitant to visit Majdanek?
(a) He did not understand why anyone would go there.
(b) He did not have the time.
(c) He had been to Belsen once and that was enough for him.
(d) He was reluctant to spend the money.
5. When Bernard talks about June's wanting to living apart from him in Part Two, what does he refer to himself as?
(a) A thing she toyed with.
(b) One of her eggs.
(c) Her magical fantasy.
(d) Her experiment.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why won't Bernard make conversation with the taxi driver who takes him to the airport?
2. While Jeremy is eating dinner at the hotel, who are the other guests in the dining room with him?
3. What does June tell Bernard shortly after they are married and Bernard kills an insect?
4. Jeremy believes the man in the crowd holding a Communist flag is of a certain nationality. What is it?
5. What kind of religious service is performed at June's burial?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)