|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Jeremy speaks to the father eating dinner in the hotel, what grammatical error does he make?
(a) He calls the man a woman.
(b) He leaves verbs out of his sentence.
(c) He speaks in the familiar rather than the more formal way.
(d) He says "my" instead of "your" jaw.
2. How did Jenny astound Jeremy within the second week of meeting him at the convention?
(a) She asked him to go with her to Lublin.
(b) She spit into his face for no reason.
(c) She told him she wanted to marry him one day.
(d) She kissed him in front of all the men "in the race".
3. When a group of teenagers surround Bernard, what does he tell them?
(a) To march with the crowd.
(b) To take pity on him.
(c) To take off and leave.
(d) To explain their tatoos.
4. What are Jeremy and Bernard walking towards in Part Two to get to a better section of the Wall?
(a) The Brandenburg Gate.
(b) Checkpoint Charlie.
(c) The East Berlin police headquarters.
(d) Towards the media trucks.
5. In Part Three of the book, Jeremy asks Bernard to tell him the details of a story. Which story is that?
(a) How June acted in the Hotel des Tilleuls.
(b) The Maire's story about the dogs.
(c) The truth behind Bernard's injured leg.
(d) The story of Hitler's invasion of France.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bernard react to Jeremy's knowledge of where they had met the women who helped Bernard get to a taxi?
2. Where does Jeremy stop for a beer while walking through St. Maurice?
3. Jeremy hears a running conversation in his head while in the bergerie, alone. Who is talking in his head?
4. Bernard quotes some lines attributed to Isaiah Berlin to Jeremy. What are they about?
5. Who calls Jeremy late at night to give him news of Berlin?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)