* Jeremy and his sister, Jean, lost their parents in a car accident when Jeremy was eight-years-old.
* At the time the story is written, Jeremy is seventeen.
* Jean has a three-year-old daughter named Sally and a husband, Harper.
* Jeremy, Jean, Harper and Sally live together in an estate they inherited.
* Jeremy likes looking after Sally, as his sister and brother-in-law barely do so.
* Jeremy plays with Sally and keeps her company.
* Harper and Jean have violent arguments.
* Sally hears the arguments and tries to pretend they are just silly instances.
* Jeremy latches onto his friends' parents, going to their homes and enjoying their company.
* Jeremy realizes that if his parents were alive, he probably would not want to spend so much time with older people.
* Jeremy sees Sally as a sort of orphan, alone and neglected.
* Jeremy marries Jenny and tries to spend time with her separated parents...
This section contains 1,307 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)