|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year was Ambassador Morgenthau's Story published?
2. Who was the only invader to have successfully stormed the massive walls built in Aleppo by Ghazi?
(a) Kublai Khan.
(c) Genghis Khan.
3. Where was the Armenian King Leo V buried?
(c) St. Denis.
4. In what year did Balakian's grandmother give a commemorative speech about the genocide?
5. In what year was Morgenthau appointed ambassador to Turkey?
6. Who signed the documents outlining the Turkish plan for the extermination of the Armenian nation?
(a) Talaat Pasha.
(b) Djemal Pasha.
(c) Abdul Hamid.
(d) Enver Pasha.
7. What does the name Zivart mean in Armenian?
8. How old was Aunt Gladys when the deportations began?
9. During the death march Dovey was on, what did the Armenians eat when they were near the Roman ruins at Ourfa?
10. In what year was the Treaty of Lausanne signed?
11. How long had Balakian's father known Dr. Reynadi?
(a) 15 years.
(b) 20 years.
(c) 25 years.
(d) 10 years.
12. How many katchkars were at the Holy Martyrs Armenian Church in Der Zor?
13. In what German city did Diran Balakian study medicine?
14. In what year was Haigazian University founded?
15. Who was Zia Gokalp?
(a) The Turkish Foreign Minister.
(b) The Turkish propadandist.
(c) The Turkish head of state.
(d) The Turkish military commander.
Short Answer Questions
1. About how many Armenians were sent on the forced marches into the desert during the first six months of the genocide?
2. How many Armenian children were in the school photograph taken in Aleppo in 1920?
3. Who wrote The Nazi Doctors?
4. What is a hamal?
5. What was the Black Arrow?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)