|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the U.S. House of Representatives do in May 1996 as a protest against Turkish denials of the genocide?
(a) They passed a resolution.
(b) They refused to sell military planes to Turkey.
(c) They recalled the U.S. Ambassdor.
(d) They cut aid to Turkey.
2. What was the Black Arrow?
(a) French warship.
(b) British warship.
(c) American warship.
(d) German warship.
3. When did Hitler mention the fact that nobody now remembered the Armenians?
(a) Right before Kristallnacht.
(b) A week before invading Poland.
(c) A week before the invading France.
(d) During the Wansee Conference.
4. Who did the Armenian refugee, Soghomon Tehlirian, assassinate in 1921?
(a) Djemal Pasha.
(b) Talaat Pasha.
(c) Zia Gokalp.
(d) Enver Pasha.
5. About how many Armenians were sent on the forced marches into the desert during the first six months of the genocide?
(a) 1.5 million.
(b) 1.2 million.
(c) 1.8 million.
6. Who was the only invader to have successfully stormed the massive walls built in Aleppo by Ghazi?
(b) Genghis Khan.
(d) Kublai Khan.
7. What kind of business did Dovey's family run in the United States?
(a) Office cleaning.
(b) Dry cleaning.
8. Along with Constantinople and Baku, what was considered one of the three cosmopolitan centers of Armenian culture?
9. In what year was the term genocide coined?
10. In what year did a devastating earthquake hit Armenia?
11. In what decade did Abdul Hamid massacre Armenians?
12. When did the first Armenian genocide resolution come before the U.S. Congress?
13. In what year was the Treaty of Lausanne signed?
14. What was the Syrian government doing when the bones of Der Zor victims were dug up?
(a) Probing for oil.
(b) Planning a new city.
(c) Probing for natural gas.
(d) Constructing a highway.
15. Approximately how many Armenian women were forced to dance in the Diarbekir square when Dovey saw them?
(a) 25 to 30.
(b) 10 to 15.
(c) 20 to 25.
(d) 15 to 20.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the death march Dovey was on, what did the Armenians eat when they were near the Roman ruins at Ourfa?
2. In what city did Balakian's co-worker Jimmy grow up?
3. What treatment did Balakian's grandmother receive after suffering a breakdown because of the attack on Pearl Harbor?
4. In what nation is Nagorno-Karabagh currently located?
5. In what city was the attorney's office which helped Balakian's grandmother file the compensation claim?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)