|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: Father.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what French town did Balakian's parents end up at a police station, after a dispute at a restaurant?
2. Where had Balakian learned the stories of the Bible?
(a) Armenian church.
(b) Within the family.
(c) Armenian Sunday school.
(d) From his Jewish friends.
3. What kind of car did the Aroosian women drive during their house-viewing expeditions in 1958?
(a) A Chevrolet.
(b) A Cadillac.
(c) An Oldsmobile.
(d) A Ford.
4. In what year did the author's family move to Tenafly, New Jersey?
5. What colors were the threads on the brocade of Mr. Blumenthal's yarmulke?
(a) Blue and yellow.
(b) Silver and gold.
(c) Silver and blue.
(d) Blue and gold.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many minutes were Balakian's phone calls restricted to when he was twelve?
2. How many miles away was Tenafly from Teaneck?
3. Where did the Ottoman Turks originally come from?
4. What junk food did Balakian reminisce about eating at the Dillstein's house?
5. How old was Peter Balakian when his aunts began taking him on the house-viewing expeditions?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)