|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: Father.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year did the book open?
2. What fruit does the spice mahleb come from?
(d) Wild cherry.
3. What town did Balakian's grandmother mention when she was discussing the death march, as he lay in bed sick?
(c) Der Zor.
4. On how many hills was Constantinople built?
5. In what New Jersey town did Bedros Aroosian work in the silk mills?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the significance of Mt. Ararat?
2. According to Armenian legend, what animal was Adam's first companion in the Garden of Eden?
3. For what did Balakian win a trophy at the end of his first year at the private high school?
4. How old was Peter Balakian when his aunts began taking him on the house-viewing expeditions?
5. What kind of ice cream did grandmother buy Peter when they accidentally got off the subway in Harlem?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)