|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: Father.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year was the Armenian empire at its height?
(a) 100 BCE.
(b) 25 BCE.
(c) 50 CE.
(d) 50 BCE.
2. How many children were in the Wall family?
3. Whose voice did Balakian describe as hitting him "as broken glass under a tire"?
(a) Bob Dylan.
(b) Elvis Presley.
(c) Roy Orbison.
(d) Jackie Wilson.
4. What is the name of the torte made with shredded wheat?
5. What kind of car did the Aroosian women drive during their house-viewing expeditions in 1958?
(a) A Cadillac.
(b) A Chevrolet.
(c) An Oldsmobile.
(d) A Ford.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the nickname of Arkayutiun, the soup Balakian ate while sick?
2. What singer did the man in the motorcycle jacket on the bus remind Peter of?
3. In what year did Roman Emperor Constantine turn Byzantium into the imperial residence?
4. What is the significance of Mt. Ararat?
5. What Biblical figure were the Jewish boys arguing about during the baseball game in "An Armenian Jew in Suburbia"?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)