|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Mother.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year was the Armenian empire at its height?
(a) 25 BCE.
(b) 50 BCE.
(c) 50 CE.
(d) 100 BCE.
2. What is the name of the yogurt, water, and mint drink commonly found at Balakian family gatherings?
3. What junk food did Balakian reminisce about eating at the Dillstein's house?
(a) Devil Dogs.
(c) Hostess Cupcakes.
4. How old was Peter Balakian when his aunts began taking him on the house-viewing expeditions?
5. How many children were in the Wall family?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of trees do the silkworms come from?
2. How many months worth of canned evaporated milk were Americans advised to have on hand during the Cuban Missile Crisis?
3. What was Balakian's temperature when he was delirious with the measles?
4. What baseball legend was Balakian reading about while he was sick with the measles?
5. In what year did the book open?
This section contains 165 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)