|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Mother.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Balakian's temperature when he was delirious with the measles?
2. What is the name of the torte made with shredded wheat?
3. Where had Balakian learned the stories of the Bible?
(a) Armenian Sunday school.
(b) Within the family.
(c) From his Jewish friends.
(d) Armenian church.
4. Who was Balakian's first anti-hero?
(a) James Dean.
(b) Benjamin Braddock.
(c) Holden Caulfield.
(d) Marlon Brando.
5. Approximately how many Armenians were slaughtered in Diarbekir in 1915?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose voice did Balakian describe as hitting him "as broken glass under a tire"?
2. In grandmother's dream about her friend Nevart (described in "The Woman in Blue"), what was Nevart drinking?
3. In what year was Balakian sick with the measles?
4. In what year did the book open?
5. Whose biography was Peter's grandmother reading when he came down late at night to get a bite to eat?
This section contains 156 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)