|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Mother.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the phrase, "Mairig Asdvadzadzeen," mean?
(a) Mother of God.
(b) Holy Ghost.
(c) Son of God.
(d) Holy Spirit.
2. What is the name of the torte made with shredded wheat?
3. What colors were the threads on the brocade of Mr. Blumenthal's yarmulke?
(a) Blue and gold.
(b) Blue and yellow.
(c) Silver and blue.
(d) Silver and gold.
4. What fruit does the spice mahleb come from?
(b) Wild cherry.
5. What kind of car did the Aroosian women drive during their house-viewing expeditions in 1958?
(a) An Oldsmobile.
(b) A Ford.
(c) A Cadillac.
(d) A Chevrolet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where had Balakian learned the stories of the Bible?
2. According to Armenian legend, what animal was Adam's first companion in the Garden of Eden?
3. What is the name of the yogurt, water, and mint drink commonly found at Balakian family gatherings?
4. What baseball team did Peter and his grandmother root for?
5. How old was Peter Balakian when his aunts began taking him on the house-viewing expeditions?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)