|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Mother.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year was Balakian sick with the measles?
2. What fruit does the spice mahleb come from?
(b) Wild cherry.
3. What baseball legend was Balakian reading about while he was sick with the measles?
(a) Roger Maris.
(b) Babe Ruth.
(c) Willie Mays.
(d) Jackie Robinson.
4. What Biblical figure were the Jewish boys arguing about during the baseball game in "An Armenian Jew in Suburbia"?
(a) Moses' wife.
(b) Joshua's wife.
(c) Noah's wife.
(d) Abraham's wife.
5. How old was Peter Balakian when his aunts began taking him on the house-viewing expeditions?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the yogurt, water, and mint drink commonly found at Balakian family gatherings?
2. What kind of food did Balakian's mother claim was not fresh at the French restaurant?
3. What kind of ice cream did grandmother buy Peter when they accidentally got off the subway in Harlem?
4. How many months worth of canned evaporated milk were Americans advised to have on hand during the Cuban Missile Crisis?
5. Where had Balakian learned the stories of the Bible?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)