|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part V: Bloody News, From Page 199 Through Page 269.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children were in the Wall family?
2. Where did Nafina and Dovey bump into each other in New York, several years after the genocide?
(a) Lord and Taylor.
3. In his discussion of his Aunt Anna's education, what did Balakian say was the percentage of female PhD's in the early 1940s?
4. In what year was Nersesian College founded?
5. What was the name of the poetry journal Balakian founded in 1976?
(a) Crabtree Lane Review.
(b) Surrealism Review.
(c) Oak Street Review.
(d) Graham House Review.
Short Answer Questions
1. What degree was Balakian's girlfriend working on when he visited her, instead of going to his grandmother's memorial service?
2. In what year was the Armenian empire at its height?
3. What anniversary was the Soviet Armenian Republic celebrating when Balakian's father wrote to his son at college urging him to learn more about the country?
4. What is the significance of Mt. Ararat?
5. What California town was the Armenian-American writer William Saroyan from?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)