|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part V: Bloody News, From Page 199 Through Page 269.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the death march Dovey was on, what did the Armenians eat when they were near the Roman ruins at Ourfa?
2. What kind of car did the Aroosian women drive during their house-viewing expeditions in 1958?
(a) A Chevrolet.
(b) An Oldsmobile.
(c) A Ford.
(d) A Cadillac.
3. Along with Constantinople and Baku, what was considered one of the three cosmopolitan centers of Armenian culture?
4. To what town was Balakian taking his girlfriend when he refused to return home for his grandmother's memorial service?
5. What degree was Balakian's girlfriend working on when he visited her, instead of going to his grandmother's memorial service?
(a) Law degree.
(b) Medical degree.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what city was the attorney's office which helped Balakian's grandmother file the compensation claim?
2. What does the name Arax mean?
3. To which American writer did Balakian send his poems while at Bucknell College?
4. How did Dovey's daughter Margaret die?
5. What Ginsberg poem did Balakian's mother want several copies of?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)