|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part V: Bloody News, From Page 199 Through Page 269.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Approximately how many Armenian women were forced to dance in the Diarbekir square when Dovey saw them?
(a) 25 to 30.
(b) 10 to 15.
(c) 20 to 25.
(d) 15 to 20.
2. In his discussion of his Aunt Anna's education, what did Balakian say was the percentage of female PhD's in the early 1940s?
3. Where was Balakian giving the poetry reading which his Aunt Anna attended?
(a) Staten Island.
(b) The Bronx.
(d) Long Island.
4. What is the name of the torte made with shredded wheat?
5. What was the name of the poet with whom Balakian started his journal?
(a) Jack Wheatcroft.
(b) Bruce Smith.
(c) Karl Shapiro.
(d) William Saroyan.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the yogurt, water, and mint drink commonly found at Balakian family gatherings?
2. To what town was Balakian taking his girlfriend when he refused to return home for his grandmother's memorial service?
3. In what year was the memoir Armenian Golgotha reissued (in Armenian)?
4. What did Aunt Nona major in while at Barnard?
5. Where had Balakian learned the stories of the Bible?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)