|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part V: Bloody News, From Page 199 Through Page 269.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color dress did Auntie Anna wear while delivering a talk at Balakian's college?
2. What is bakshish?
(a) A salesperson.
(b) A bribe.
(c) An army.
(d) A legal document.
3. Approximately how many Armenian women were forced to dance in the Diarbekir square when Dovey saw them?
(a) 10 to 15.
(b) 20 to 25.
(c) 25 to 30.
(d) 15 to 20.
4. What degree was Balakian's girlfriend working on when he visited her, instead of going to his grandmother's memorial service?
(a) Medical degree.
(c) Law degree.
5. What is berek?
(a) Cheese-filled filo triangles.
(c) A rice dish.
(d) A pistachio dessert.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the death march Dovey was on, what did the Armenians eat when they were near the Roman ruins at Ourfa?
2. What food did Balakian's mother bring when she visited during the talk by Allen Ginsberg?
3. In his discussion of his Aunt Anna's education, what did Balakian say was the percentage of female PhD's in the early 1940s?
4. In what New Jersey town did Bedros Aroosian work in the silk mills?
5. In what German city did Diran Balakian study medicine?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)