|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ariel find out must happen for the mission to succeed?
2. What does Anna find when she returns to work in Chapter 38?
3. What does Stern promise to do if Mark helps kill the SS soldiers?
4. What news does the soldier who arrives inform Schorner of in Chapter 27?
5. What is Frau Hagan doing when she is killed?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Brandt's test in Chapter 39.
2. In what way does Stern's plan change in Chapter 33, and why?
3. What stops the argument between Schorner and Sturm in Chapter 26?
4. What does Stern tell Mark about their mission in Chapter 28?
5. What do Jonas and Mark realize about the sky and what do they try and do about the problem it presents?
6. Why does Brandt ask to meet with Schorner in Chapter 31, and how does Schorner react?
7. What do Mark, Stern, and Anna plan in Chapter 33 in order to carry out their mission?
8. What do Mark, Stern and Anna decide to do once they meet up in Chapter 47?
9. Why does Anna kill Milkos in Chapter 35?
10. In Chapter 22 what happens to Stern when he visits the women's block at Totenhausen Camp?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
With all the terrible moments that occur within this book and the crimes many of the characters committed, which do you feel is the most cruel and why?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the characters of Jonas Stern and Mark McConnell.
Essay Topic 3
How does Mark McConnell or Jonas Stern change throughout the novel? Detail the changes he makes and the reasons behind those changes.
This section contains 918 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)