|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Anna to place when she returns to work the next day in Chapter 36?
2. What does Brandt tell Schorner is the main goal at the moment in Chapter 32?
3. What does Anna do when she reaches the gate and the SS soldier located there?
4. What does Ariel tell Anna they are all responsible for in Chapter 38?
5. What do Stern and Mark notice about the sky when they exit the hospital?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 42, how does Schorner deal with Stern and what does he realize about Anna?
2. Describe what happens when the gas is deployed in Chapter 46 and how Sturm is killed.
3. What does Anna tell McConnell and Stern when she returns to her cottage in Chapter 36?
4. Describe what happens when the Nazi soldiers break in the door of Anna's cottage.
5. In Chapter 30 what reason does Anna give Mark for spying on the Nazis?
6. Who approaches Ariel when he is leaving Brandt's office to prepare for the attack and what does this person tell him?
7. How does Stern handle his encounter with Sturm and his men and how does Sturm respond?
8. How do Mark, Stern, and Anna prepare for their mission in Chapter 36?
9. What scene does Schorner arrive just in time to see in Chapter 26?
10. What events lead to Frau Hagan's death in Chapter 29?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do the characters of Anna Kaas and Rachel Jansen differ in their methods of survival?
Essay Topic 2
At what point do you believe that Jonas Stern and Mark McConnell began to respect each other and why?
Essay Topic 3
How is foreshadowing used in "Black Cross"? Choose one major instance of foreshadowing and follow it through the book, finishing with how the event is fulfilled.
This section contains 961 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)