|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Anna suggest as a place to save the prisoners during the gassing of the soldiers in the camp?
(a) The mess hall.
(b) The gas chamber.
(c) The basement of the building.
(d) The barn.
2. What does Ariel come to the cottage to tell Anna?
(a) She is going to be promoted.
(b) The search has been called off.
(c) She should flee the country.
(d) She is going to be killed.
3. What has Stern been doing all day while McConnell was at the cottage in Chapter 30?
(a) Scouting Rostock.
(b) Making friends with the Nazi soldiers.
(d) Drinking in a beer garden.
4. What is causing the sewers in the camp to back up in Chapter 38?
(a) A concrete wall has caved in.
(b) The water supply has been turned off.
(c) The bodies Stern hid in them.
(d) The influx of more prisoners.
5. What does Jonas yell at the SS soldiers for at the start of Chapter 42?
(a) Not saluting a senior officer.
(b) Their disheveled appearance.
(c) Being drunk on duty.
(d) Smoking near gas tanks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Schorner notice about Stern when he has contact with him?
2. Who do McConnell and Stern meet when they land?
3. Why is the sky lit up in Chapter 47?
4. What does Sturm have time to do before Anna kills him?
5. What is Anna to do while Mark and Jonas complete the mission?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the conversation between Anna and Ariel in Chapter 38.
2. What do Mark, Stern, and Anna plan in Chapter 33 in order to carry out their mission?
3. What do Mark, Stern and Anna decide to do once they meet up in Chapter 47?
4. How does Stern enter the camp in Chapter 40?
5. Who approaches Ariel when he is leaving Brandt's office to prepare for the attack and what does this person tell him?
6. Why does Anna kill Milkos in Chapter 35?
7. Who is Sabine, and why does she become a problem for Mark, Stern, and Anna?
8. How do Mark, Stern, and Anna prepare for their mission in Chapter 36?
9. In Chapter 37 what good news does Schorner tell Rachel?
10. What does Stern tell Mark about their mission in Chapter 28?
This section contains 986 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)