|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the members of the Polish resistance that Anna, Mark and Stern meet with?
(a) Robertsky and Jules.
(b) Albert and William.
(c) Stan and Milkos.
(d) Milos and Piotr.
2. What does Brandt tell Schorner is the main goal at the moment in Chapter 32?
(a) Execution of all prisoners.
(b) The demonstration.
(c) The morale of the men.
(d) Production of bullets.
3. What fate do Rachel and Frau Hagan rescue Rachel's son from in Chapter 26?
(a) Cleaning the latrine.
(b) Being shot in front of the camp.
(c) Being sent to the dog kennels.
(d) Becoming a Nazi supporter.
4. What is Ben Jansen being used as in the testing in Chapter 39?
(a) The lookout.
(b) The entertainment.
(c) The control.
(d) The translator.
5. What tips Stern off that SS soldiers are approaching?
(a) He sees a reflection off a building.
(b) A prisoner tips him off.
(c) One of the soldiers is singing.
(d) The smell of cigarette smoke.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mark to do if Stern does not return from placing the cylinders in the camp?
2. What does Schorner tell Brandt when he finally arrives in Chapter 39?
3. What is McConnell wondering about Anna while he is alone at the cottage in Chapter 30?
4. How does Jonas enter the camp in Chapter 41?
5. What does Anna notify the British they need in Chapter 33?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Mark, Stern and Anna decide to do once they meet up in Chapter 47?
2. In Chapter 30 what reason does Anna give Mark for spying on the Nazis?
3. Why does Brandt ask to meet with Schorner in Chapter 31, and how does Schorner react?
4. In Chapter 22 what happens to Stern when he visits the women's block at Totenhausen Camp?
5. How does Stern enter the camp in Chapter 40?
6. Describe the conversation between Anna and Ariel in Chapter 38.
7. In Chapter 37 what good news does Schorner tell Rachel?
8. In Chapter 42, how does Schorner deal with Stern and what does he realize about Anna?
9. How does Stern handle his encounter with Sturm and his men and how does Sturm respond?
10. Describe what happens when the Nazi soldiers break in the door of Anna's cottage.
This section contains 926 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)