|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Stern promise to do if Mark helps kill the SS soldiers?
(a) Save as many prisoners as possible.
(b) Help Mark escape.
(c) Assist Mark in writing a book.
(d) Give him all his money.
2. What do Jonas and Anna do with Hannah?
(a) Kill her to save her from a painful death.
(b) Hide her in the truck.
(c) Pray with her.
(d) Wrap her in a plastic sheet.
3. What has Stern been doing all day while McConnell was at the cottage in Chapter 30?
(a) Drinking in a beer garden.
(b) Making friends with the Nazi soldiers.
(c) Scouting Rostock.
4. What are Mark and Jonas doing when Sabine arrives at the cottage?
(a) Practicing with their protective suits.
(b) Praying with a priest.
(c) Cooking a meal.
(d) Having a vicious argument.
5. What does Anna leave with Mark when she goes to bed?
(a) Her diary.
(b) The key to her room.
(c) A German newspaper.
(d) A cup of tea.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Anna to place when she returns to work the next day in Chapter 36?
2. What do Mark and Jonas head out to retrieve after meeting with the Polish resistance?
3. What causes Jonas to drive the ferry blindly?
4. Why is the sky lit up in Chapter 47?
5. What is Brandt testing on the three subjects in Chapter 39?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Sturm decide to harass Rachel in Chapter 26?
2. Why does Anna kill Milkos in Chapter 35?
3. What do Jonas and Mark realize about the sky and what do they try and do about the problem it presents?
4. Describe what happens when the gas is deployed in Chapter 46 and how Sturm is killed.
5. Describe what happens when the Nazi soldiers break in the door of Anna's cottage.
6. Describe what happens during Mark and Stern's return to Anna's cottage after retrieving the cylinders.
7. In Chapter 22 what happens to Stern when he visits the women's block at Totenhausen Camp?
8. How does Stern handle his encounter with Sturm and his men and how does Sturm respond?
9. What happens when Stern notices five men standing between the Women's Block and E Block?
10. What scene does Schorner arrive just in time to see in Chapter 26?
This section contains 983 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)