|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ariel find out must happen for the mission to succeed?
(a) The prisoners must be executed.
(b) He must become the leader of the mission.
(c) Jonas must be freed.
(d) He must kill Schorner immediately.
2. What does Anna report the men were unable to do in Chapter 36?
(a) Fortify the camp.
(b) Radio for the air strike they need.
(c) Convince the Nazis to surrender.
(d) Set the fire to be used as a distraction.
3. What does McConnell say Stern will commit?
(a) Several murders.
(d) The first offensive weapons strike of the war.
4. What is Anna to place when she returns to work the next day in Chapter 36?
(a) Several weapons Jonas can use.
(b) Food and blankets.
(c) An oxygen tank.
(d) A letter explaining their position.
5. What does the Corporal come to the cottage to do in Chapter 34?
(a) Kill everyone inside.
(b) Take Anna to Schorner.
(c) Join the mission.
(d) Set it on fire.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Mark and Jonas doing when Sabine arrives at the cottage?
2. Who are the members of the Polish resistance that Anna, Mark and Stern meet with?
3. What happens to the first SS soldiers to investigate the smoke coming from the kennels?
4. What do Mark and Jonas head out to retrieve after meeting with the Polish resistance?
5. What does Stern ask Ariel to do in Chapter 40?
Short Essay Questions
1. What scene does Schorner arrive just in time to see in Chapter 26?
2. Describe what happens when the gas is deployed in Chapter 46 and how Sturm is killed.
3. What stops the argument between Schorner and Sturm in Chapter 26?
4. What do Jonas and Mark realize about the sky and what do they try and do about the problem it presents?
5. What events lead to Frau Hagan's death in Chapter 29?
6. What do Mark, Stern, and Anna plan in Chapter 33 in order to carry out their mission?
7. Describe the conversation between Anna and Ariel in Chapter 38.
8. What does Anna tell McConnell and Stern when she returns to her cottage in Chapter 36?
9. In Chapter 22 what happens to Stern when he visits the women's block at Totenhausen Camp?
10. Why does Sturm decide to harass Rachel in Chapter 26?
This section contains 998 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)