|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the winch wrapped in steel in Chapter 8?
(a) Steel is the strongest metal.
(b) A copper shortage.
(c) The low price of steel in Germany.
(d) It's conductivity.
2. What message does Mark write to his mother in a letter?
(a) She should join him on the mission.
(b) She should leave England immediately.
(c) Why he has joined the mission and that he is sorry.
(d) The government is responsible for David's death.
3. What does Mark find a piece of in his grandfather's safe?
(a) A telegraph from his grandmother.
(b) His birth certificate.
(c) A treasure map.
(d) Scottish tartan.
4. What does Eisenhower do with the plan the team comes up with?
(a) Scrutinizes every detail.
(b) Declines to endorse it.
(c) Refuses to read it at all.
(d) Gives it a ringing endorsement.
5. What do all the men called have in common in Chapter 12?
(a) They are avid Hitler supporters.
(b) They are all Jewish.
(c) Their strength.
(d) They are all mentally ill.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Churchill desire to destroy the Nazi's supply of weapons?
2. What reminds Rachel of a knight adjusting her armor?
3. What is Anna too important to do, according to Hagan?
4. What nationality is Jonas Stern?
5. What kind of doctor is Mark McConnell?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Sir Donald Cameron and how does Mark feel about him?
2. Who is Randazzo, and why does he visit Mark?
3. What does Frau Hagan tell Rachel in Chapter 13?
4. In Chapter 25, what happens when Sergeant McShane and his men land in Germany with the cylinders?
5. In Chapter 17, what does Stern learn about the mission from Smith?
6. What do Smith and Stern discuss in Chapter 7?
7. What happens when McConnell and Stern arrive at Achnacarry Castle in Chapter 16?
8. Why does Stern believe Smith has an informant at the Totenhausen Camp?
9. What does the telegram say that Mark receives in Chapter 10?
10. When Eisenhower refuses to endorse his plan, what does Churchill do?
This section contains 950 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)