|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mark do to confirm his brother's death?
(a) Calls the Air Force Base.
(b) Calls his brother's number.
(c) Requests proof from Smith.
(d) Talks to his uncle.
2. Where has Jonas Stern fled to when Brigadier Smith hears of him?
(c) The Barbary Coast.
3. What does Smith believe McConnell has done to Jonas in Chapter 22?
(a) Poisoned him.
(b) Made him a better soldier.
(c) Converted him to Christianity.
(d) Put questions about the mission in his head.
4. What kind of engineer is Mark McConnell?
(a) A chemical engineer.
(b) An architectural engineer.
(c) An aircraft engineer.
(d) A railroad engineer.
5. How does Mark respond to Smith's request that he go on the mission to destroy the lethal gas?
(a) He declines.
(b) He hides in the corner.
(c) He spits in his face.
(d) He readily agrees.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mark meet up with on his walk after German class in Chapter 24?
2. What does Rachel use to avoid Schorner's advances?
3. What is in the intelligence folder Stern gives to the Allies?
4. What motivates McConnell to embark on his mission?
5. What do all the men called have in common in Chapter 12?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Smith's instructions to Stern in Chapter 24?
2. In Chapter 9, what does Mark think about while sitting in his lab in Oxford?
3. Describe what Mark finds in his grandfather's safe.
4. What does Frau Hagan tell Rachel in Chapter 13?
5. What do Mark and Jonas suspect about Brigadier Smith in Chapters 10 and 11?
6. What does the telegram say that Mark receives in Chapter 10?
7. What does Mark think about Sarin gas?
8. What do Smith and Stern discuss in Chapter 7?
9. In Chapter 25, what happens when Sergeant McShane and his men land in Germany with the cylinders?
10. What does Smith tell Stern about Mark McConnell?
This section contains 865 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)