|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Stern's suggestion of bombing met by the Allied leaders?
(a) They execute Stern instantly.
(b) They move to implement his plan immediately.
(c) They believe it is a German plot.
(d) It is denied and ridiculed.
2. What does the Shoemaker see on E-Block that horrifies him?
(a) An unexplainable light coming from one of the cells.
(b) The destruction of Germany.
(c) Men being packed into the gas chamber.
(d) A ghost.
3. What is Anna out doing in the middle of the night in Northern Germany?
(a) Hunting for food.
(b) Recruiting spies.
(c) Sending an encoded message to British Intelligence.
(d) Running for her life.
4. What does Mark pack when he sneaks back to the lab?
(a) His holy Bible.
(b) A small pistol.
(c) Two protective suits.
(d) A book to read.
5. What did the men use twigs to do at the end of Chapter 25?
(a) Feed themselves until they were rescued.
(b) Keep the last cylinder in place.
(c) Mark the spot they had landed.
(d) Start a fire to see by.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of engineer is Mark McConnell?
2. What does Ben Jansen offer a pocket full of diamonds for?
3. What is Anna too important to do, according to Hagan?
4. What does Jonas tell Mark he had to do to the injured man in Palestine?
5. What does Brigadier Smith show Jonas in their meeting in Chapter 24?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Smith tell Stern about Mark McConnell?
2. Describe Mark's meeting with Smith in Chapter 22.
3. Why does Stern believe Smith has an informant at the Totenhausen Camp?
4. What do Smith and Stern discuss in Chapter 7?
5. Why does Mark write two letters in Chapter 14 and what do his letters say?
6. What does Frau Hagan tell Rachel in Chapter 13?
7. What does Smith learn about Stern in Chapter 6?
8. How does Rachel earn the position of guard in Chapter 15?
9. Why does Mark think details of the mission are being kept from him?
10. Why does Rabbi Liebovitz approach Mark McConnell III and what does he tell him?
This section contains 983 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)