|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jonas tell Mark he had to do to the injured man in Palestine?
(a) Bury him alive.
(b) Carry him for miles on his back.
(c) Kill him to not prolong his death.
(d) Bandage him with leaves.
2. What does Brigadier Smith offer Jonas Stern after Stern's escape?
(a) A quick and painless death.
(b) A gun to carry with him.
(c) A ride to the countryside.
(d) A job leading a mission into Germany.
3. Who tells Rachel that Schorner wishes to see her in Chapter 20?
(a) Her father in law.
(b) Her husband.
(c) Ariel Weitz.
(d) Herr Himmler.
4. What does Brigadier Smith tell Mark and Jonas they are to be called on the mission?
(a) Mr. Cobblepot and Mr. Napier.
(b) Mr. Cheney and Mr. Powell.
(c) Mr. Butler and Mr. Wilkes.
(d) Mr. Smith and Mr. Jones.
5. What does Mark do to confirm his brother's death?
(a) Talks to his uncle.
(b) Calls the Air Force Base.
(c) Calls his brother's number.
(d) Requests proof from Smith.
Short Answer Questions
1. What caused McShane and his men to jump blindly into the drop upon arriving in Germany?
2. Why is the winch wrapped in steel in Chapter 8?
3. What has Sarin gas been classified with, according to Smith?
4. What does Rachel use to avoid Schorner's advances?
5. What even more lethal gas does Smith tell Mark about?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Mark and Jonas suspect about Brigadier Smith in Chapters 10 and 11?
2. Why does Rabbi Liebovitz approach Mark McConnell III and what does he tell him?
3. In Chapter 17, what does Stern learn about the mission from Smith?
4. Why does Mark think details of the mission are being kept from him?
5. Who is Mark McConnell in 1944, and what is his involvement with Brigadier Smith?
6. Why does Mark write two letters in Chapter 14 and what do his letters say?
7. Describe what the Shoemaker witnesses in Chapter 12.
8. Why does Schorner ask to see Rachel in Chapter 20?
9. How does Rachel earn the position of guard in Chapter 15?
10. What do Smith and Stern discuss in Chapter 7?
This section contains 884 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)