|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mark meet up with on his walk after German class in Chapter 24?
(a) Sir Donald Cameron.
(c) Winston Churchill.
2. What even more lethal gas does Smith tell Mark about?
3. Where has Jonas Stern fled to when Brigadier Smith hears of him?
(a) The Barbary Coast.
4. What does Schorner provide Rachel with at the start of Chapter 23?
(a) Suggestions to keep her children from being taken.
(b) An escape route.
(c) A bottle of whiskey.
(d) A photograph of Hitler.
5. What does Mark tell his wife Susan in the letter he writes her?
(a) To remarry should he not return.
(b) The location of some money he hid.
(c) To not forget him ever.
(d) All of the military secrets he has learned.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Stern's suggestion of bombing met by the Allied leaders?
2. What does Frau Hagan tell Rachel she should do in Chapter 13?
3. What kind of engineer is Mark McConnell?
4. Why are the other women staring at Mrs. Jansen while she sits at her bunk?
5. What does Smith tell Jonas they must avoid at all costs?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mark earn Stern's admiration in Chapter 21?
2. What does the telegram say that Mark receives in Chapter 10?
3. What does Mark think about Sarin gas?
4. What do Smith and Stern discuss in Chapter 7?
5. What happens when McConnell and Stern arrive at Achnacarry Castle in Chapter 16?
6. In Chapter 9, what does Mark think about while sitting in his lab in Oxford?
7. Describe what Mark finds in his grandfather's safe.
8. How does Rachel earn the position of guard in Chapter 15?
9. What are Smith's instructions to Stern in Chapter 24?
10. Why does Schorner ask to see Rachel in Chapter 20?
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)