|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Anna see that tells her they have been caught in Chapter 43?
(a) A Nazi flag being raised.
(b) Jonas' body.
(c) Two sets of lights headed towards the cottage.
(d) A fire blazing in the camp.
2. Who are the members of the Polish resistance that Anna, Mark and Stern meet with?
(a) Robertsky and Jules.
(b) Milos and Piotr.
(c) Albert and William.
(d) Stan and Milkos.
3. What forces Schorner to not enter the camp when he returns in Chapter 48?
(a) The dogs have been set loose.
(b) The dead bodies covering the ground.
(c) Fear of death.
(d) A wall of flame.
4. What does Jonas yell at the SS soldiers for at the start of Chapter 42?
(a) Smoking near gas tanks.
(b) Their disheveled appearance.
(c) Not saluting a senior officer.
(d) Being drunk on duty.
5. What does Schorner tell Brandt when he finally arrives in Chapter 39?
(a) He regrets his role in the war.
(b) Where the missing soldiers were found.
(c) He overslept.
(d) He is resigning his post.
6. What causes Jonas to drive the ferry blindly?
(a) A whirling snowstorm.
(b) He is under gunfire from Schorner.
(c) The sky has gone dark again.
(d) The chemicals have made him blind.
7. What do Stern and Mark notice about the sky when they exit the hospital?
(a) The stars have returned.
(b) It is lit up like daytime.
(c) It is filled with acrid smoke.
(d) It has turned blood red.
8. What is Anna traumatized by when she returns to the cottage in Chapter 36?
(a) Seeing her parents dead.
(b) The cottage has been burned to the ground.
(c) The treason of Mark and Jonas.
(d) Having killed Milkos.
9. What is McConnell wondering about Anna while he is alone at the cottage in Chapter 30?
(a) If she has deserted the mission.
(b) Why she is a spy.
(c) If he has met her before.
(d) Why she is single.
10. What does Anna find when she is taken to the morgue?
(a) The bodies of Milos and Piotr.
(b) Her parents.
(c) The bodies of Stan and Milkos.
(d) The bodies of all of the prisoners.
11. What does Jonas find out about Ariel in the hospital?
(a) He has killed Brandt.
(b) He must be killed.
(c) He is trying to kill Rachel and Hannah.
(d) He is his brother.
12. What are Mark and Jonas doing when Sabine arrives at the cottage?
(a) Cooking a meal.
(b) Practicing with their protective suits.
(c) Having a vicious argument.
(d) Praying with a priest.
13. What is causing the sewers in the camp to back up in Chapter 38?
(a) A concrete wall has caved in.
(b) The bodies Stern hid in them.
(c) The influx of more prisoners.
(d) The water supply has been turned off.
14. What news does the soldier who arrives inform Schorner of in Chapter 27?
(a) An air raid is imminent.
(b) His family has been killed.
(c) The war has ended.
(d) The finding of four British parachutes and a body.
15. What does Schorner tell Rachel he has arranged for her children?
(a) A painless death.
(b) They are to be adopted by Nazi families.
(c) Escape to Austria.
(d) They are to be trained as soldiers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Mark and Jonas decide to put the prisoners to save them in Chapter 36?
2. What does Stern tell Sturm he is there to do in Chapter 42?
3. How does Jonas enter the camp in Chapter 41?
4. What does Anna report the men were unable to do in Chapter 36?
5. What is Stern surprised to learn about his father in Chapter 32?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)