|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Anna witness the conversation between Schorner and Brandt from?
(a) An observation window.
(b) The roof of the building.
(c) A heating vent.
(d) An unused gurney in the hallway.
2. What is Brandt testing on the three subjects in Chapter 39?
(a) A truth serum.
(b) Their will power.
(c) Laughing gas.
(d) Suits to protect the Nazis from a gas attack.
3. What does Anna leave with Mark when she goes to bed?
(a) The key to her room.
(b) A cup of tea.
(c) A German newspaper.
(d) Her diary.
4. What does Anna find when she returns to work in Chapter 38?
(a) The camp is deserted.
(b) Her friend Greta hanging naked from a tree.
(c) She has been transferred.
(d) Flowers from a secret admirer.
5. What does Stern do to the SS soldiers who approach?
(a) Curses at them in German.
(b) Ties them up and leaves them.
(c) Befriends them.
(d) Shoots them and disposes of the bodies.
6. What does Mark realize will be Anna's fate in the mission?
(a) She will be the downfall of the mission.
(b) She will be the only one to escape.
(c) She will retain her status as a spy.
(d) She will die to save the mission.
7. What does Schorner notice about Stern when he has contact with him?
(a) He is a Nazi official.
(b) His resemblance to his father.
(c) He is unarmed.
(d) He is not a real SD officer.
8. What is Anna traumatized by when she returns to the cottage in Chapter 36?
(a) Seeing her parents dead.
(b) Having killed Milkos.
(c) The cottage has been burned to the ground.
(d) The treason of Mark and Jonas.
9. What does Sabine say is the reason for her visit to the cottage?
(a) To tell the men Anna has been killed.
(b) To investigate the cottage.
(c) The lack of social life in Berlin.
(d) She is Anna's mother.
10. What does Anna tell Mark and Jonas the Nazis have done that day in Chapter 36?
(a) Killed her parents.
(b) Deserted the camp.
(c) Shot five Jewish women and five Polish men.
(d) Eaten cyanide.
11. What does Schorner tell Brandt when he finally arrives in Chapter 39?
(a) Where the missing soldiers were found.
(b) He is resigning his post.
(c) He overslept.
(d) He regrets his role in the war.
12. Who do Rachel's children summon to help Rachel in Chapter 29?
(a) Frau Hagan.
13. What does Stern ask Ariel to do in Chapter 40?
(a) Smuggle him into the camp.
(b) Booby trap the Nazi shelter.
(c) Kill McConnell.
(d) Pray for the success of the mission.
14. What do Jonas and Anna do with Hannah?
(a) Wrap her in a plastic sheet.
(b) Pray with her.
(c) Kill her to save her from a painful death.
(d) Hide her in the truck.
15. What is Anna to do while Stern is inside with the gas cylinders in Chapter 33?
(a) Block the second exit in the hospital.
(b) Create a distraction.
(c) Stay out of harm's way.
(d) Start a fire in the building.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Frau Hagan doing when she is killed?
2. What does Anna find when she is taken to the morgue?
3. What does Himmler call and instruct Brandt to do to his laboratory in Chapter 37?
4. What has Stern been doing all day while McConnell was at the cottage in Chapter 30?
5. What happens to Sturm when he accuses Schorner of his affair with Rachel?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)