|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sturm plan to use Rachel?
(a) He plans to use her as an example to other prisoners.
(b) He is going to learn Yiddish from her.
(c) He plans to drive her to madness.
(d) He plans to use her as a spy.
2. What does Anna do when she reaches the gate and the SS soldier located there?
(a) Reverses the vehicle.
(c) Begins weeping uncontrollably.
(d) Drives through the gate and runs the soldier over.
3. What does Schorner do with Stern while he goes to find Anna?
(a) He brings him along.
(b) Leaves him to Sturm for questioning.
(c) He releases him into the woods.
(d) Ties him to a chair.
4. What does Brandt tell Schorner he has received from four officers?
(a) Requests for transfers.
(b) Written reports of his affair with Rachel.
(c) Reports of a ceasefire.
(d) Letters of resignation.
5. What is Stern surprised to learn about his father in Chapter 32?
(a) He has escaped the camp.
(b) He has become a Nazi soldier.
(c) He was a German spy all along.
(d) He is alive.
6. What does Ariel find out about the sentry that calls him over prior to the attack?
(a) The sentry is his brother.
(b) The sentry is going to kill him.
(c) The sentry has discovered his role in the mission.
(d) It is Avram Stern.
7. What does Brandt tell Schorner is the main goal at the moment in Chapter 32?
(a) Execution of all prisoners.
(b) The demonstration.
(c) The morale of the men.
(d) Production of bullets.
8. What are Mark and Jonas doing when Sabine arrives at the cottage?
(a) Cooking a meal.
(b) Practicing with their protective suits.
(c) Praying with a priest.
(d) Having a vicious argument.
9. What does Stern's father refuse to do?
(a) Support the Allied forces.
(b) Help his son's mission.
(c) Leave the camp without the other prisoners.
(d) Admit he was wrong.
10. What does Jonas find out about Ariel in the hospital?
(a) He has killed Brandt.
(b) He is his brother.
(c) He is trying to kill Rachel and Hannah.
(d) He must be killed.
11. What fate do Rachel and Frau Hagan rescue Rachel's son from in Chapter 26?
(a) Being sent to the dog kennels.
(b) Being shot in front of the camp.
(c) Becoming a Nazi supporter.
(d) Cleaning the latrine.
12. What forces Schorner to not enter the camp when he returns in Chapter 48?
(a) The dead bodies covering the ground.
(b) A wall of flame.
(c) Fear of death.
(d) The dogs have been set loose.
13. How does Jonas deliver the cylinders to the camp in Chapter 32?
(a) He bribes a Nazi soldier to take them in.
(b) He crashes the gate with a Jeep.
(c) By the cable system set up previously.
(d) He takes them in by hand.
14. What is Brandt testing on the three subjects in Chapter 39?
(a) Laughing gas.
(b) Their will power.
(c) Suits to protect the Nazis from a gas attack.
(d) A truth serum.
15. Why does Schorner admit he overlooked Anna as a possible traitor?
(a) She is the sister of a Nazi royal.
(b) He is in love with her.
(c) She is his cousin.
(d) He thought her too weak to stand up to the Nazis.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Stern been doing all day while McConnell was at the cottage in Chapter 30?
2. What do Mark and Jonas head out to retrieve after meeting with the Polish resistance?
3. What is Anna traumatized by when she returns to the cottage in Chapter 36?
4. What does Stern do to the SS soldiers who approach?
5. What does Stern ask Ariel to do in Chapter 40?
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)