|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mark able to do thanks to the flares the bombers deploy?
(a) Find a radio to call for help.
(b) Fire five rounds at the car chasing Anna.
(c) Find an escape route.
(d) Locate the camp's gate.
2. What does Anna notify the British they need in Chapter 33?
(a) A new mission leader.
(b) Body bags.
(c) An air attack.
(d) More guns.
3. What does McConnell say Stern will commit?
(a) The first offensive weapons strike of the war.
(b) Several murders.
4. What does Stern do to the SS soldiers who approach?
(a) Befriends them.
(b) Shoots them and disposes of the bodies.
(c) Curses at them in German.
(d) Ties them up and leaves them.
5. What forces Schorner to not enter the camp when he returns in Chapter 48?
(a) The dogs have been set loose.
(b) Fear of death.
(c) A wall of flame.
(d) The dead bodies covering the ground.
6. What does Ariel tell Anna they are all responsible for in Chapter 38?
(a) The safety of the whole world.
(b) Their own lives.
(c) The crimes they have witnessed at the camp.
(d) The rise of the Third Reich.
7. What does Sturm bribe an officer to do in Chapter 29?
(a) Beat Schorner.
(b) Slip him the key to Schorner's office.
(c) Beat Rachel.
(d) Loan him a gun.
8. What does Brandt tell Schorner is the main goal at the moment in Chapter 32?
(a) Execution of all prisoners.
(b) The demonstration.
(c) The morale of the men.
(d) Production of bullets.
9. What does Anna find when she is taken to the morgue?
(a) Her parents.
(b) The bodies of Milos and Piotr.
(c) The bodies of Stan and Milkos.
(d) The bodies of all of the prisoners.
10. What happens to Sturm when he accuses Schorner of his affair with Rachel?
(a) Everyone laughs at him.
(b) He is promoted immediately.
(c) He is shipped to Russia.
(d) Schorner beats him up.
11. How does Jonas enter the camp in Chapter 41?
(a) As a cook in the kitchen.
(b) By digging a hole under the fence.
(c) In a body bag.
(d) As an SD officer there to make an arrest.
12. How does Sturm plan to attack Schorner in Chapter 29?
(a) Sneaking into his quarters at night.
(b) By attacking Rachel.
(c) He plans to poison him.
13. What does Avram request of his son, Jonas in Chapter 41?
(a) That he take Rachel's daughter out of the camp.
(b) That he kill him quickly.
(c) That he forgives him for his transgressions.
(d) That he abandons the mission.
14. What does Stern tell Sturm he is there to do in Chapter 42?
(a) Liberate the camp.
(b) Kill him.
(c) Relieve him of duty.
(d) Arrest Schorner.
15. What has Stern been doing all day while McConnell was at the cottage in Chapter 30?
(a) Drinking in a beer garden.
(b) Making friends with the Nazi soldiers.
(c) Scouting Rostock.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Brandt testing on the three subjects in Chapter 39?
2. What do Stern and Mark notice about the sky when they exit the hospital?
3. What tips Stern off that SS soldiers are approaching?
4. What is McConnell wondering about Anna while he is alone at the cottage in Chapter 30?
5. Where do Mark and Jonas decide to put the prisoners to save them in Chapter 36?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)