|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did saving the mission cost one of the men in Chapter 25?
(a) His life.
(b) His eyesight.
(c) A thousand pounds.
(d) His leg.
2. What have the prisoners in the Totenhausen Camp been called for in Chapter 12?
(a) Service in the British army.
(b) An unexpected roll call.
(c) A speech from the Furher.
(d) Immediate release.
3. Why is the winch wrapped in steel in Chapter 8?
(a) Steel is the strongest metal.
(b) It's conductivity.
(c) A copper shortage.
(d) The low price of steel in Germany.
4. Who does Mark meet up with on his walk after German class in Chapter 24?
(a) Sir Donald Cameron.
(d) Winston Churchill.
5. Who approaches Mark McConnell III after his grandparents' death?
(a) Rabbi Leibovitz.
(b) Winston Churchill.
(c) His Uncle Tom.
(d) An army recruiter.
6. What does Stern tell Mark he is a fool to believe in?
(b) His country.
(c) The goodness of humanity.
(d) The tooth fairy.
7. Who does Himmler set up for Herr Doktor to meet in two weeks?
(a) Winston Churchill.
(b) Adolf Hitler.
(c) Brigadier Smith.
(d) Mark McConnell.
8. What does the Air Force Captain present Mark with?
(a) A medal of honor.
(b) The throne of England.
(c) A ceremonial saber.
(d) A telegram telling of his brother's plane crash.
9. What does Rachel listen to around a lit candle in her cell block?
(a) Nazi propaganda.
(b) Some beautiful songs written by the women.
(c) A reading from the bible.
(d) The stories of the horrors the women have endured.
10. What does Mark believe the Allies should do if they do indeed have the gas they claim to have?
(a) Hand it over to the Americans.
(b) Bury it underground.
(c) Bomb the Germans with it.
(d) Send a vial to Hitler.
11. Where are Mark and Jonas shipped to be trained for the mission?
(a) Barcelona, Spain.
(b) Edinburgh, Scotland.
(c) The south of France.
(d) New York City.
12. Who does Mark confide in about his horrific discovery?
(a) His wife.
(b) His brother David.
(c) No one; he keeps it to himself.
(d) His pastor.
13. What do all the men called have in common in Chapter 12?
(a) They are avid Hitler supporters.
(b) Their strength.
(c) They are all Jewish.
(d) They are all mentally ill.
14. Where is Mark invited to work on behalf of the war effort in Chapter 3?
(a) Washington D.C.
(b) Winston Churchill's office.
(c) The front lines of the battle.
(d) Oxford University in London.
15. Who tells Rachel that Schorner wishes to see her in Chapter 20?
(a) Her father in law.
(b) Ariel Weitz.
(c) Herr Himmler.
(d) Her husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mark provided with because of his family's heritage in Chapter 24?
2. What does Anna bring the women hidden under her skirts?
3. What does Eisenhower do with the plan the team comes up with?
4. What nationality is Jonas Stern?
5. What does Brigadier Smith tell Mark and Jonas they are to be called on the mission?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)