|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where has Jonas Stern fled to when Brigadier Smith hears of him?
(d) The Barbary Coast.
2. What does Brigadier Smith show Jonas in their meeting in Chapter 24?
(a) A newspaper article about the war.
(b) A paper retrieved from a Polish prisoner.
(c) A picture of his childhood home.
(d) A captured Nazi flag.
3. What is Anna too important to do, according to Hagan?
(a) Get her hands dirty.
(b) Help save a boy.
(c) Talk to Rachel.
(d) Be killed.
4. Where does Churchill desire to destroy the Nazi's supply of weapons?
(a) In Poland.
(b) In his own country.
(c) On the open sea.
(d) On German soil.
5. How does Mark respond to Smith's request that he go on the mission to destroy the lethal gas?
(a) He readily agrees.
(b) He declines.
(c) He hides in the corner.
(d) He spits in his face.
6. What does Rachel listen to around a lit candle in her cell block?
(a) Some beautiful songs written by the women.
(b) Nazi propaganda.
(c) A reading from the bible.
(d) The stories of the horrors the women have endured.
7. What does Rachel use to avoid Schorner's advances?
(b) She feigns illness.
(c) She offers him her daughter instead.
(d) Her recent status as a widow.
8. What does Eisenhower do with the plan the team comes up with?
(a) Gives it a ringing endorsement.
(b) Scrutinizes every detail.
(c) Refuses to read it at all.
(d) Declines to endorse it.
9. Where is Mark invited to work on behalf of the war effort in Chapter 3?
(a) Winston Churchill's office.
(b) The front lines of the battle.
(c) Washington D.C.
(d) Oxford University in London.
10. What have the prisoners in the Totenhausen Camp been called for in Chapter 12?
(a) Service in the British army.
(b) An unexpected roll call.
(c) Immediate release.
(d) A speech from the Furher.
11. What was caused by the power lines being live?
(a) The last cylinder began its descent into the camp.
(b) The mission was aborted.
(c) The camp was burned to the ground.
(d) An alarm was sounded.
12. What has Mark been pressured by Brigadier Duff Smith to do over the years?
(a) Become a true soldier.
(b) Flee the country.
(c) Design offensive weapons for the Allies.
(d) Join the Nazi party.
13. What does the Shoemaker see on E-Block that horrifies him?
(a) Men being packed into the gas chamber.
(b) An unexplainable light coming from one of the cells.
(c) A ghost.
(d) The destruction of Germany.
14. Where are Mark and Jonas shipped to be trained for the mission?
(a) New York City.
(b) Barcelona, Spain.
(c) The south of France.
(d) Edinburgh, Scotland.
15. What about Jonas do people take offense to in the mess hall in Chapter 16?
(a) His body odor.
(b) His political views.
(c) His German accent.
(d) The way he prays before meals.
Short Answer Questions
1. What operation does Mark offer to take over for Sergeant McShane?
2. Who does Mark meet up with on his walk after German class in Chapter 24?
3. What caused McShane and his men to jump blindly into the drop upon arriving in Germany?
4. What motivates McConnell to embark on his mission?
5. What do all the men called have in common in Chapter 12?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)