|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What caused McShane and his men to jump blindly into the drop upon arriving in Germany?
(a) The map was incorrect.
(b) A storm pushed them south.
(c) The pilot fell ill.
(d) Enemy aircraft fire.
2. Who is the photograph of that Mark finds in his grandfather's safe?
(a) A famous movie actress.
(b) Winston Churchill.
(c) A young blonde woman.
(d) Adolf Hitler.
3. What reminds Rachel of a knight adjusting her armor?
(a) Anna fixing her hair.
(b) The way she makes her bunk.
(c) The suit of armor on the wall.
(d) The look on Anna's face.
4. What was caused by the power lines being live?
(a) An alarm was sounded.
(b) The last cylinder began its descent into the camp.
(c) The mission was aborted.
(d) The camp was burned to the ground.
5. What does Mark prove proficient at while being assessed by the instructors?
(a) Running long distances.
(b) Cracking codes.
(c) Speaking German.
(d) Shooting a rifle.
6. What does the Shoemaker see on E-Block that horrifies him?
(a) A ghost.
(b) Men being packed into the gas chamber.
(c) An unexplainable light coming from one of the cells.
(d) The destruction of Germany.
7. Where are Mark and Jonas shipped to be trained for the mission?
(a) New York City.
(b) The south of France.
(c) Barcelona, Spain.
(d) Edinburgh, Scotland.
8. What does Churchill send with Brigadier Smith on his mission?
(a) A letter of authorization to requisition all aid he may need.
(b) A letter of surrender.
(c) His most trusted bodyguard.
(d) An encoded message to British spies.
9. Why is the winch wrapped in steel in Chapter 8?
(a) The low price of steel in Germany.
(b) Steel is the strongest metal.
(c) A copper shortage.
(d) It's conductivity.
10. What does Mark learn was the true fate of his brother David in Chapter 14?
(a) He was captured and killed by SS soldiers.
(b) He escaped and is on his way home.
(c) He defected to Germany.
(d) He went AWOL from the Air Force.
11. What does Frau Hagan tell Rachel she should do in Chapter 13?
(a) Write a journal.
(b) Pray as much as possible.
(c) Escape as soon as she can.
(d) Make herself as unattractive as possible.
12. What about Jonas do people take offense to in the mess hall in Chapter 16?
(a) His political views.
(b) His German accent.
(c) His body odor.
(d) The way he prays before meals.
13. What does Rachel listen to around a lit candle in her cell block?
(a) Nazi propaganda.
(b) A reading from the bible.
(c) The stories of the horrors the women have endured.
(d) Some beautiful songs written by the women.
14. What has Mark been pressured by Brigadier Duff Smith to do over the years?
(a) Become a true soldier.
(b) Join the Nazi party.
(c) Design offensive weapons for the Allies.
(d) Flee the country.
15. Where has Jonas Stern fled to when Brigadier Smith hears of him?
(d) The Barbary Coast.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is brought to Mark that horrifies him in Chapter 4?
2. What caused the unfortunate boy's mother to attack Brandt?
3. What nationality is Jonas Stern?
4. What does Jonas tell Mark he had to do to the injured man in Palestine?
5. What does the Air Force Captain present Mark with?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)