|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wins the race to climb the pylon the fastest in Chapter 24?
2. Where are Mark and Jonas shipped to be trained for the mission?
(a) Edinburgh, Scotland.
(b) Barcelona, Spain.
(c) New York City.
(d) The south of France.
3. What does Churchill send with Brigadier Smith on his mission?
(a) A letter of surrender.
(b) An encoded message to British spies.
(c) A letter of authorization to requisition all aid he may need.
(d) His most trusted bodyguard.
4. What does Rachel plan to ask for to encourage her to eat?
(a) A sedative.
(b) Better food.
(c) Protection for her children.
(d) A bag of candy.
5. Who tells Rachel that Schorner wishes to see her in Chapter 20?
(a) Her husband.
(b) Ariel Weitz.
(c) Herr Himmler.
(d) Her father in law.
6. What does Hagan tell Rachel about Brandt in Chapter 19?
(a) He is a British spy.
(b) He is a pederast.
(c) He is related to Hagen.
(d) He is an alcoholic.
7. Why are the other women staring at Mrs. Jansen while she sits at her bunk?
(a) Her father-in-law is on the cell block and should not be.
(b) She is crying tears of blood.
(c) She has developed a horrible rash.
(d) She is chanting very loudly.
8. What military medal does Mark find in his grandfather's box?
(a) The Purple Heart.
(b) An Admiral's Cross.
(c) A General's Star
(d) The Victoria Cross for Valor.
9. What message does Mark write to his mother in a letter?
(a) She should join him on the mission.
(b) The government is responsible for David's death.
(c) Why he has joined the mission and that he is sorry.
(d) She should leave England immediately.
10. What is Anna too important to do, according to Hagan?
(a) Be killed.
(b) Talk to Rachel.
(c) Help save a boy.
(d) Get her hands dirty.
11. What even more lethal gas does Smith tell Mark about?
12. Who approaches Mark McConnell III after his grandparents' death?
(a) His Uncle Tom.
(b) Rabbi Leibovitz.
(c) Winston Churchill.
(d) An army recruiter.
13. What does Schorner provide Rachel and her children per Rachel's agreement?
(a) New clothing.
(b) A case full of jewels.
(c) Extra food.
(d) Escape as soon as possible.
14. Why does Smith leave certain parts out of the proposal when pitching it to McConnell?
(a) McConnell is a pacifist.
(b) He does not want to frighten McConnell.
(c) McConnell is a spy.
(d) He does not know those parts because they are classified.
15. What kind of doctor is Mark McConnell?
(a) An emergency room doctor.
(b) A pediatrician.
(c) An obstetrician.
(d) A surgeon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Jonas Stern wanted by British Military Police?
2. What does Jonas tell Mark he had to do to the injured man in Palestine?
3. What about Jonas do people take offense to in the mess hall in Chapter 16?
4. In Chapter 13, what does Frau Hagan explain is different about the camp they are in?
5. Where is Mark invited to work on behalf of the war effort in Chapter 3?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)