|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section Fifteen: Chapter 49 and Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mark tell his wife Susan in the letter he writes her?
(a) The location of some money he hid.
(b) All of the military secrets he has learned.
(c) To not forget him ever.
(d) To remarry should he not return.
2. What about Jonas do people take offense to in the mess hall in Chapter 16?
(a) His political views.
(b) His German accent.
(c) His body odor.
(d) The way he prays before meals.
3. What does Jonas use to get the fastest boat at the dock?
(a) A well placed bribe.
(b) The large gun he is carrying.
(c) The SD uniform he still has on.
(d) Brute force.
4. What does Schorner tell Brandt when he finally arrives in Chapter 39?
(a) He is resigning his post.
(b) Where the missing soldiers were found.
(c) He overslept.
(d) He regrets his role in the war.
5. What does Sabine say is the reason for her visit to the cottage?
(a) She is Anna's mother.
(b) To tell the men Anna has been killed.
(c) The lack of social life in Berlin.
(d) To investigate the cottage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Anna out doing in the middle of the night in Northern Germany?
2. What does Brigadier Smith show Jonas in their meeting in Chapter 24?
3. What happens to Sturm when he accuses Schorner of his affair with Rachel?
4. What does Rachel use to avoid Schorner's advances?
5. What does Schorner realize about the two men he sees in Chapter 48?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)