|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section Seven: Chapters-23-25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mark learn was the true fate of his brother David in Chapter 14?
(a) He was captured and killed by SS soldiers.
(b) He defected to Germany.
(c) He went AWOL from the Air Force.
(d) He escaped and is on his way home.
2. What do all the men called have in common in Chapter 12?
(a) Their strength.
(b) They are avid Hitler supporters.
(c) They are all mentally ill.
(d) They are all Jewish.
3. Who does Himmler set up for Herr Doktor to meet in two weeks?
(a) Adolf Hitler.
(b) Mark McConnell.
(c) Winston Churchill.
(d) Brigadier Smith.
4. How is Stern's suggestion of bombing met by the Allied leaders?
(a) They move to implement his plan immediately.
(b) They believe it is a German plot.
(c) It is denied and ridiculed.
(d) They execute Stern instantly.
5. What did the men use twigs to do at the end of Chapter 25?
(a) Start a fire to see by.
(b) Mark the spot they had landed.
(c) Feed themselves until they were rescued.
(d) Keep the last cylinder in place.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mark's grandmother's surname?
2. What is Jonas sent to do while Mark studies German?
3. What does Brigadier Smith offer Jonas Stern after Stern's escape?
4. What does Mark believe the Allies should do if they do indeed have the gas they claim to have?
5. Who wins the race to climb the pylon the fastest in Chapter 24?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)