|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section Six: Chapters 19-22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Stern tell Mark he is a fool to believe in?
(a) The goodness of humanity.
(c) His country.
(d) The tooth fairy.
2. What do all the men called have in common in Chapter 12?
(a) Their strength.
(b) They are all Jewish.
(c) They are avid Hitler supporters.
(d) They are all mentally ill.
3. What does Hagan tell Rachel about Brandt in Chapter 19?
(a) He is a pederast.
(b) He is a British spy.
(c) He is an alcoholic.
(d) He is related to Hagen.
4. What about Jonas do people take offense to in the mess hall in Chapter 16?
(a) His political views.
(b) The way he prays before meals.
(c) His body odor.
(d) His German accent.
5. What does Mark prove proficient at while being assessed by the instructors?
(a) Speaking German.
(b) Running long distances.
(c) Shooting a rifle.
(d) Cracking codes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Air Force Captain present Mark with?
2. What military medal does Mark find in his grandfather's box?
3. What does Frau Hagan tell Rachel she should do in Chapter 13?
4. What does Ben Jansen offer a pocket full of diamonds for?
5. Who does Mark think had the telegram delivered?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)