|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section Three: Chapters 9-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Air Force Captain present Mark with?
(a) A telegram telling of his brother's plane crash.
(b) The throne of England.
(c) A ceremonial saber.
(d) A medal of honor.
2. What is brought to Mark that horrifies him in Chapter 4?
(a) An intercepted message from a Nazi spy.
(b) A sample of Sarin gas.
(c) A picture of the devastation in Germany.
(d) The head of his grandfather.
3. What does Mark find a piece of in his grandfather's safe?
(a) His birth certificate.
(b) A telegraph from his grandmother.
(c) Scottish tartan.
(d) A treasure map.
4. What does Stern tell Mark he is a fool to believe in?
(a) The tooth fairy.
(b) The goodness of humanity.
(c) His country.
5. What do all the men called have in common in Chapter 12?
(a) They are all mentally ill.
(b) Their strength.
(c) They are all Jewish.
(d) They are avid Hitler supporters.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the winch wrapped in steel in Chapter 8?
2. What military medal does Mark find in his grandfather's box?
3. How is Stern's suggestion of bombing met by the Allied leaders?
4. What does Churchill send with Brigadier Smith on his mission?
5. What is Anna out doing in the middle of the night in Northern Germany?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)