|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Dave see through binoculars?
(a) No one.
(b) Dio, Cletus and others.
(c) A black bear.
(d) A deer.
2. Who does Dio think is harassing him?
(b) Dixie Lee.
3. Who comes into Dave's yard?
(a) The electrical meter reader.
(b) A cableman.
(c) The water meter reader.
(d) A telephone repairman.
4. What does Dave learn about Darlene?
(a) She is Blackfeet.
(b) Her last name is Sioux.
(c) She is Navajo.
(d) She is married to Dio.
5. What is something Nygurski heard?
(a) That Dave is making a lot of people nervous.
(b) That Dio has hired a hitman to kill Dave.
(c) That Dixie Lee was actually the murderer.
(d) That Mapes has killed a few other times.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dave write in a letter to Dio?
2. What does Dave do at the lake?
3. What did Darlene have shortly before her death?
4. Where does Nygurski take Dave?
5. What happens to Charlie?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Darlene comes over to Dave's home and what is the outcome?
2. What happens at the lake and what does this incident reinforce to the reader about Dave's personality?
3. How does Mrs. Desmarteau receive Dave, and what does he learn?
4. What happens when Dave picks up Alafair at school and do you think the teacher and principal are justified in their response?
5. How is Dave's lawyer feeling about Dave's case and why?
6. What does Dave dream and what might the dream foreshadow?
7. How does Cletus now become a sympathetic character?
8. What could be possible reasons that Dave seems to be a bit of a hothead?
9. Why does Dave go to the courthouse and what is the result?
10. What does Dave learn about Mapes and what does this information tell the reader about the man?
This section contains 1,149 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)