|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Dixie Lee when he calls Dave?
(a) A local bar.
(b) In jail.
(c) On his way back to Boston.
(d) At Dio's compound.
2. Where is Darlene's funeral held?
(a) On the reservation.
(b) On the Sioux reservation in Idaho.
(c) Her body is sent to her home in Louisiana.
(d) There is no funeral.
3. What does Dave write in a letter to Dio?
(a) That he has now figured out who murdered whom.
(b) That Dave has hired a hitman himself.
(c) Dave pretends to be Charlie upset about not getting his full pay for taking out Dave.
(d) That he is leaving Montana and getting out of Dio's affairs.
4. What does Dave decide to do about Charlie?
(a) Not call the police.
(b) Go and help Purcel eliminate Charlie.
(c) Call the police.
(d) Call Purcel and get him to exercise restraint.
5. Why does Dave refuse to see Dixie Lee?
(a) He's at a bar.
(b) He's belligerent to Dave on the phone.
(c) He is with Mapes.
(d) He is with Dio.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dave ask the tribal chief?
2. Who does Dio think is harassing him?
3. What does Dave learn when he picks up Alafair?
4. Who gives him a ride to the reservation?
5. What did Darlene have shortly before her death?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mrs. Desmarteau receive Dave, and what does he learn?
2. What happens when Darlene comes over to Dave's home and what is the outcome?
3. What happens when Dave picks up Alafair at school and do you think the teacher and principal are justified in their response?
4. Why does Dave go to the courthouse and what is the result?
5. How does Cletus now become a sympathetic character?
6. Why does Dave believe Darlene's life is in danger?
7. Why do you think Darlene's does not know much about the American Indian Movement, one of the most controversial and publicized Indian organizations, yet her last name (American Horse) suggests she is Native American?
8. What does Tess Reagan tell Dave and do you think is response is ethical?
9. What does Dave learn about Mapes and what does this information tell the reader about the man?
10. What does Dave dream and what might the dream foreshadow?
This section contains 1,205 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)