|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dixie Lee say when Dave asks who killed Darlene?
(a) An ex-boyfriend.
(b) He does not know.
(c) The Blackfeet tribal police as a cover-up.
(d) Probably a hitman named Charlie.
2. What does Darlene tell Dave about Dio?
(a) That Dio wants Dave to work for him.
(b) That Mapes and Vidrine worked for Dio until recently.
(c) That Dio does not like Dave and does not want him around the compound.
(d) That Dixie Lee and Dio met even before they were both in prison together.
3. Who is Clayton Desmarteau?
(a) The Shaman.
(b) One of Mapes' lackies.
(c) A suspect in the murder case.
(d) A tribe member who has disappeared with his cousin.
4. What does Dave do while sleeping?
(b) Mumbles in his sleep.
5. What happened to Mapes when he is 17?
(a) He gets drunk with a girl and rapes her but she does not press charges.
(b) He is charged with assault.
(c) He left home after stealing his parents's savings.
(d) He and a friend had a suspicious accident in which the friend dies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arrives and has sex with Dave?
2. What is Charlie supposed to take?
3. What does Dave decide it is time to do?
4. What does Dave learn when he picks up Alafair?
5. What is the apparent cause of Darlene's death?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dave learn at the Blackfeet Reservation, and do you think the Chief is being as helpful as possible?
2. What does Dio want when he calls Dave, and what is Dave's response?
3. Why do you think Darlene goes over and takes care of Dave when he is ill?
4. What event foreshadows a future event in the book?
5. What happens that seems to indicate that Dixie Lee may finally be getting his life back on track?
6. How does Cletus save Dave's wife and do you think he and Dave are more alike than first seemed?
7. How does Cletus now become a sympathetic character?
8. How is it obvious that Dave is starting to feel desperate?
9. What could be possible reasons that Dave seems to be a bit of a hothead?
10. What happens when Dave picks up Alafair at school and do you think the teacher and principal are justified in their response?
This section contains 1,246 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)