|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the coroner rule Darlene's death?
(a) A murder.
(b) An accidental death.
(c) His has not ruled yet.
(d) A suicide.
2. What do Dave and his father catch?
(a) A thirty-foot cotton mouth moccasin.
(b) An unsalable fish.
(c) A dead body.
3. What does Dave tell Alafair is wrong with him?
4. Why are Tess and the Principal of the school angry with Dave?
(a) For wanting to talk with the older boy.
(b) For putting the school in danger.
(c) For not being upfront at the start of Alafair going to school there.
(d) They are not angry with him.
5. Who was giving Dio information on the properties Star Drilling was buying up so that he could buy up bordering properties in order to cash in on the mineral rights?
(a) Dixie Lee.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dave learn when he picks up Alafair?
2. What does Dave do while sleeping?
3. Who is Darlene?
4. Who appears while Dave and his father are fishing?
5. Who has dessert with Dave and Alafair?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Tess Reagan tell Dave and do you think is response is ethical?
2. How is Dave's lawyer feeling about Dave's case and why?
3. How does Cletus now become a sympathetic character?
4. What does Dave dream and what might the dream foreshadow?
5. Why does Dave believe Darlene's life is in danger?
6. What is Dave's response to Dixie Lee's request to help and do you think it is wise?
7. What does Dio want when he calls Dave, and what is Dave's response?
8. Why is Dave rushing to Cletus' home and what does he find?
9. How is it obvious that Dave is starting to feel desperate?
10. What event foreshadows a future event in the book?
This section contains 1,030 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)