|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dave tell Dixie Lee?
(a) About what he learned about Mapes, Dio, and Star Drilling at the Teton.
(b) That either he or Purcell will kill Darlene's murderer.
(c) That Dixie Lee may be in danger.
(d) That Dave intends to break into Dio's home.
2. Who gives him a ride to the reservation?
(a) A bus of Blackfeet.
(b) No one.
3. What does Darlene tell Dave about AIM?
(a) That Dio bribes the Blackfeet tribe for some of their land rights.
(b) That they protested Dio buying some of the land he got.
(c) That some Blackfeet were killed at the Marias River.
(d) That there is a powerful Shamen among the tribe.
4. Why is Cletus Purcel not intimate with his girlfriend?
(a) His is impotent.
(b) He no longer finds her attractive.
(c) He is having an affair with another woman.
(d) He is angry with her.
5. Why does Dave go to see Mrs. Demarteau?
(a) To ask to see pictures of Clayton.
(b) To tell her that Darlene is in danger.
(c) To tell her he knows where her son is.
(d) To ask a few more questions about Clayton.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dave tell Alafair is wrong with him?
2. What do Dave and his father catch?
3. What does Dave find in Teton county?
4. What does Nygurski say has been done to Dio?
5. What does Darlene suggest that Dave do?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is it obvious that Dave is starting to feel desperate?
2. Is Dave's response to Cletus taking Charlie out of the house ethical?
3. Why does Dave go to the courthouse and what is the result?
4. What does Dio want when he calls Dave, and what is Dave's response?
5. What does Dave dream and what might the dream foreshadow?
6. What happens that seems to indicate that Dixie Lee may finally be getting his life back on track?
7. What does Tess Reagan tell Dave and do you think is response is ethical?
8. What happens when Dave picks up Alafair at school and do you think the teacher and principal are justified in their response?
9. Why does Dave believe Darlene's life is in danger?
10. What happens at the lake and what does this incident reinforce to the reader about Dave's personality?
This section contains 1,300 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)