|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are Dixie Lee and Sally Dio connected?
(a) They are brother-in-laws.
(b) They shared a prison cell.
(c) They are cousins.
(d) They are best friends from high school.
2. What does Dave believe about the person he asks for company?
(a) That he is a smalltime pimp.
(b) That she is a smalltime pimp.
(c) That she is involved in the murder case.
(d) That he is involved in the murder case.
3. Why is Dixie Lee arrested?
(a) Buying more than an ounce of marijuana.
(b) Cocaine is found in his car.
(c) Money laundering.
(d) Soliciting a prostitute.
4. What surprises Dave?
(a) To see Purcel back in the States.
(b) That Purcel ignores Dave.
(c) That the CEO of Star Drilling is an old Army buddy.
(d) That Dixie Lee actually gets off on the drug charge.
5. What does the person in Dave's dream tell him?
(a) Not to forget his AA meetings.
(b) That Vidrine is not really dead.
(c) That Mapes is on his way to Montana.
(d) That Dixie Lee knows who Mapes and Vidrine killed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dave do about Alafair's schooling?
2. What does Dixie Lee overhear?
3. Who does Dave ask about having some "company" that night in the motel room?
4. What does Dave buy Alafair?
5. What is Dave's response to Dixie Lee's request?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dio offer Dave and what is Dave's response? Do you think Dave is right to refuse Dio's aid?
2. Why is Dave moved in the jail and what does that say about Dave as a person?
3. What does Dave read about Dixie Lee a week later?
4. Why do you think Dave refuses to help his old friend, Dixie Lee?
5. Describe and evaluate the character, Dixie Lee.
6. How does Dixie Lee try to pressure Dave into helping him about the conversation Dixie Lee overhears?
7. What happens to Dave the day after his encounter with Mapes and Vidrine and do you think he is a responsible parent in that incident?
8. What does Dave decide to do and why does he make this decision?
9. How do we get a little hint of Dave Robicheaux's fathering abilities?
10. Who are Dave's cell mates and why is he placed in this cell?
This section contains 1,228 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)