|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dixie Lee say that Dio is doing with the land Dixie Lee arranges for him to buy?
(a) He has no idea.
(b) It is a ranch and he's raising steers to sell.
(c) He's using it for an environmental project.
(d) He's using it as a tax write-off.
2. What does Dave say he will do for Dixie Lee?
(c) Give Dixie Lee a pistol.
(d) Speak to the police on Dixie Lee's behalf.
3. What does Dave buy Alafair?
(a) An Easter dress.
(b) A golden retriever.
(c) An Appaloosa pony.
(d) A doll.
4. Who speaks to Dave outside of Sally Dio's home?
(a) The local sheriff.
(b) Dixie Lee.
(d) The DEA officer.
5. What does Dixie Lee overhear?
(a) A conversation between two co-workers about a murder they committed.
(b) His wife talking to a man with whom she is having an affair.
(c) An insider stock tip.
(d) Two cops talking about a bribe they accept.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Dave apply for a loan?
2. What does Dave do immediately upon his arrival in Montana?
3. What does Dave do the day that Alafair stays home from school?
4. For whom does Dan Nygurski work?
5. Why doesn't Dixie Lee want to go to the police?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dave decide to do and why does he make this decision?
2. Why do you think Dave refuses to help his old friend, Dixie Lee?
3. What is Sally Dio like and what is his connection to Dixie Lee?
4. What does Dave find in his mailbox and what is the Sheriff's response to it?
5. What does Dave do to get himself thrown off Dio's property and is this a pattern of Dave's?
6. What do you think the package in Dave's mailbox means?
7. What happens to Dave the day after his encounter with Mapes and Vidrine and do you think he is a responsible parent in that incident?
8. What evidence is there that Purcel is still on the wrong side of the law?
9. What does Dave do to Vidrine and Mapes and do you think this is appropriate on his part?
10. Describe Cletus Purcel.
This section contains 1,058 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)