|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who visits Dave after he's been in jail for two weeks?
(a) Dixie Lee and Cletus Purcel.
(b) Sally Dio.
(d) The DEA guy.
2. Why is Dave put in a cell with heinous criminals?
(a) Because there's nothing the cops hate more is one who has gone bad.
(b) Because of the horrific murder he is accused of committing.
(c) Because the sheriff does not like him.
(d) There is not other space available.
3. How does Sally plan to use the land Dixie Lee has been helping him purchase?
(a) To grow poppies.
(b) To grow cotton.
(c) To farm peanuts.
(d) To import and export illegal drugs.
4. Who does Dixie Lee believe planted drugs in his car?
(a) Vidrine and Sally Dio.
(b) Sally Dio.
(c) Mapes and Sally Dio.
(d) Vidrine and Mapes.
5. Where is Alafair staying while Dave is in jail?
(a) With a cousin.
(b) With her grandmother.
(c) With Dave's aunt.
(d) With Dave's deceased wife's best friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dave do with his daughter?
2. What interferes with Dixie Lee's success?
3. How old is Dave's daughter, Alafair?
4. How does Dave react to Dixie Lee contacting Sally?
5. For whom does Dan Nygurski work?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dave do to Vidrine and Mapes and do you think this is appropriate on his part?
2. Why does the executive of Star Drilling Company have Dave thrown off the premises and what theme does this touch upon?
3. What do you think the package in Dave's mailbox means?
4. How do we get a little hint of Dave Robicheaux's fathering abilities?
5. What is Darlene American Horse like and how does she seem to figure in to the storyline?
6. Why is Dave moved in the jail and what does that say about Dave as a person?
7. Describe and evaluate the character, Dixie Lee.
8. Do you think Dave's wife is actually coming to him in a dream or it is Dave just reminding himself to go to AA?
9. What does Dave decide to do and why does he make this decision?
10. What does Dave find in his mailbox and what is the Sheriff's response to it?
This section contains 1,084 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)