|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Dave encounter Dixie Lee?
(a) The police station.
(b) A drugstore.
(c) A roadside cafe.
(d) A highway rest stop.
2. Who does Dave call to tell he is in Montana and that he believes Dio has something to do with Mapes, Vidrine, and the murder they supposedly committed?
(b) The prosecutor who initiated the charges against Dave.
(c) The FBI.
(d) The bail bondsman.
3. What is Dave's response to Dixie Lee's request?
(a) Dave won't help but knows someone who will.
(b) Dave says he'll help.
(c) Dave won't even see Dixie Lee to hear the request.
(d) Dave refuses to help.
4. Who does Dixie Lee believe planted drugs in his car?
(a) Sally Dio.
(b) Mapes and Sally Dio.
(c) Vidrine and Sally Dio.
(d) Vidrine and Mapes.
5. Who is Dave accused of murdering?
(a) Cletus Purcel.
(b) Dixie Lee.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Dave do what he does in question 53?
2. Why is Dixie Lee arrested?
3. How does Dave react to Dixie Lee contacting Sally?
4. Who arrives at the house as no surprise to Dave?
5. What does Dave do with his daughter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dave read about Dixie Lee a week later?
2. What is Darlene American Horse like and how does she seem to figure in to the storyline?
3. What happens to Dave the day after his encounter with Mapes and Vidrine and do you think he is a responsible parent in that incident?
4. What is Dave remembering at the end of this chapter and how might that memory influence him to some sort of action?
5. What does Dixie Lee do that is perhaps a typical manipulative action of an alcoholic?
6. What does Dave do to Vidrine and Mapes and do you think this is appropriate on his part?
7. What do you think the package in Dave's mailbox means?
8. How does Dave spend his time in jail?
9. What does Dave decide to do and why does he make this decision?
10. With what crime is Dave charged and what does he realize as to why they are charging him?
This section contains 1,017 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)