|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Dave think Mapes kills Vidrine?
(a) Vidrine is blackmailing Mapes.
(b) Vidrine has an affair with Mapes's wife.
(c) Mapes thinks Vidrine is going to break and confess about the murder.
(d) Mapes owes Vidrine a lot of money.
2. Who visits Dave after he's been in jail for two weeks?
(a) The DEA guy.
(b) Dixie Lee and Cletus Purcel.
(d) Sally Dio.
3. Why does Dave do what he does in question 53?
(a) Because Dave wants more information.
(b) Because of the threat against Alafair.
(c) To ask Dio if he set them up.
(d) Because they are involved in a drug ring.
4. Where does Dave want to leave Alafair?
(a) With the child protective services.
(b) At a friend's house who lives in Canada.
(c) At home with a babysitter.
(d) Where she was staying while he was in jail.
5. What is Dixie Lee doing though it's early in the morning?
(b) Making phone calls.
(c) Watching football re-runs.
(d) Eating a big steak.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dave do with his daughter?
2. What does Dave think Dixie Lee should do?
3. Where does Dave go?
4. What surprises Dave?
5. Why is Dixie Lee arrested?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do we get a little hint of Dave Robicheaux's fathering abilities?
2. How does Dave spend his time in jail?
3. What happens to Dave the day after his encounter with Mapes and Vidrine and do you think he is a responsible parent in that incident?
4. Why does it seem Dixie Lee is destined for jail and what does he decide to do about it?
5. What do you think the package in Dave's mailbox means?
6. What does Dave find in his mailbox and what is the Sheriff's response to it?
7. What does Dixie Lee do that is perhaps a typical manipulative action of an alcoholic?
8. Why do you think Dave refuses to help his old friend, Dixie Lee?
9. With what crime is Dave charged and what does he realize as to why they are charging him?
10. What horrific event has happened not to long ago to Dave and how is he handling it?
This section contains 1,036 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)