|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Darlene?
(a) Dave's sister.
(b) Dixie Lee's sister.
(c) The woman who comes and cares for Dave when he is sick.
(d) Dave's sister-in-law.
2. Why does Dio call Dave?
(a) Dio is frightened.
(b) To warn Dave to leave town.
(c) Dio is angry.
(d) To threaten Dave.
3. Who does the man in Dave's house turn out to be?
(a) An undercover sheriff.
(b) An undercover FBI agent.
(c) An undercover DEA agent.
(d) Charlie the hitman.
4. What happens when Mapes and Vidrine found out about what was going on?
(a) They killed the two AIM members.
(b) They hire a hitman to get Dio.
(c) Dio cut them in on the deal.
(d) They decide to leave town.
5. What does Dave's father tell Dave to do?
(a) Cut up the gator for food.
(b) Take the gator out to sea for the sharks.
(c) Use the hide for belts.
(d) Dig in the soft ground.
6. What does Dave tell Dixie Lee?
(a) That Dave intends to break into Dio's home.
(b) That Dixie Lee may be in danger.
(c) About what he learned about Mapes, Dio, and Star Drilling at the Teton.
(d) That either he or Purcell will kill Darlene's murderer.
7. Why is Cletus Purcel not intimate with his girlfriend?
(a) His is impotent.
(b) He is having an affair with another woman.
(c) He is angry with her.
(d) He no longer finds her attractive.
8. How does Dave's lawyer feel about his case?
(a) He has no opinion at this point.
(b) Less than optimistic.
(d) Quite pessimistic.
9. What does Dave write in a letter to Dio?
(a) That he has now figured out who murdered whom.
(b) That he is leaving Montana and getting out of Dio's affairs.
(c) That Dave has hired a hitman himself.
(d) Dave pretends to be Charlie upset about not getting his full pay for taking out Dave.
10. What does Cletus tell Dave?
(a) That Charlie killed Darlene.
(b) That Charlie was to also kill Dixie Lee.
(c) That Charlie is not the one who kills Darlene.
(d) That Charlie is dead.
11. Who does Dave see through binoculars?
(a) Dio, Cletus and others.
(b) A black bear.
(c) A deer.
(d) No one.
12. Where does the chief send Dave?
(a) To talk with the tribal police.
(b) To speak with Desmarteau's mother.
(c) To see the Shaman.
(d) To get a guide to show him the Marias River area.
13. Who does Dave let in for a glass of water?
(a) The police who answers the call.
(b) The man distributing pamphlets.
(c) The repairman.
(d) The meter reader.
14. What does Dave begin to suspect?
(a) That the man in the yard is the hitman.
(b) That Cletus killed Darlene.
(c) That Darlene really did kill herself.
(d) That there really isn't a contract out on him.
15. What does Darlene tell Dave?
(a) That she wants to move in with Dave.
(b) That Dave is in grave danger.
(c) That Alafair is in danger.
(d) That their relationship is over.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dave ask the tribal chief?
2. What did Darlene have shortly before her death?
3. Who comes into Dave's yard?
4. Who does Dave ask to call the cops?
5. What does the coroner rule Darlene's death?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)