|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dave learn when he picks up Alafair?
(a) That someone is watching her school with binoculars.
(b) That Alafair is acting out.
(c) That Alafair is a model student.
(d) That the school says Alafair cannot come back.
2. What happens when Dave heads to the reservation the next day?
(a) A deer hits his truck.
(b) His truck won't start again.
(c) His fan belt breaks on the way.
(d) He has a flat tire.
3. What does Dave learn from Tess Reagan?
(a) The older boy who say someone is prone to lying.
(b) An older boy saw a man sitting in a yellow car watching Alafair.
(d) The older boy recants his story.
4. What does Dave write in a letter to Dio?
(a) Dave pretends to be Charlie upset about not getting his full pay for taking out Dave.
(b) That he has now figured out who murdered whom.
(c) That Dave has hired a hitman himself.
(d) That he is leaving Montana and getting out of Dio's affairs.
5. What does Dave tell Alafair is wrong with him?
6. Why does Dave go to the courthouse?
(a) To learn if Purcel owns any land in the area.
(b) To find a connection between Dio, Dixie Lee, Mapes, and the Star Drilling Company.
(c) To research Desmarteau's criminal record.
(d) To file a restraining order.
7. About what is Dixie Lee unhappy?
(a) About Dave making him go to AA.
(b) Nothing; he's just glad to be away from Dio.
(c) About Dio double crossing him.
(d) Having to take a job running a forklift.
8. With whom does Dave have dinner?
(b) The DEA agent.
9. What does Darlene suggest that Dave do?
(a) Check things out at the Reservation.
(b) She has nothing to suggest.
(c) Ask to meet the Shaman off the Reservation.
(d) Stay away from the Reservation.
10. How is Darlene acting?
(d) Cold and aloof.
11. What does Darlene tell Dave about AIM?
(a) That there is a powerful Shamen among the tribe.
(b) That they protested Dio buying some of the land he got.
(c) That Dio bribes the Blackfeet tribe for some of their land rights.
(d) That some Blackfeet were killed at the Marias River.
12. Who is Clayton Desmarteau?
(a) A suspect in the murder case.
(b) The Shaman.
(c) One of Mapes' lackies.
(d) A tribe member who has disappeared with his cousin.
13. What does Dave begin to suspect?
(a) That Darlene really did kill herself.
(b) That Cletus killed Darlene.
(c) That the man in the yard is the hitman.
(d) That there really isn't a contract out on him.
14. What is the name American Horse?
(a) Darlene's maiden name.
(b) Darlene's married name.
(c) The name of the tavern where Dixie Lee drinks.
(d) A Navajo name.
15. Who follows Dave when he drives back to town?
(b) Dixie Lee.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dave decide it is time to do?
2. Where is Darlene's funeral held?
3. What did Darlene have shortly before her death?
4. What does the coroner rule Darlene's death?
5. Who comes into Dave's yard?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)