|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Darlene?
(a) Dixie Lee's sister.
(b) Dave's sister.
(c) Dave's sister-in-law.
(d) The woman who comes and cares for Dave when he is sick.
2. What does Dave find in Teton county?
(a) The connection between Mapes, Dio, and the Star Drilling Company.
(b) An illegal land grant to Dio.
(d) A prior arrest record for Mapes.
3. Who follows Dave when he drives back to town?
(b) Dixie Lee.
4. What does Dave learn about Darlene?
(a) She is Navajo.
(b) She is married to Dio.
(c) She is Blackfeet.
(d) Her last name is Sioux.
5. Who is Clayton Desmarteau?
(a) One of Mapes' lackies.
(b) The Shaman.
(c) A tribe member who has disappeared with his cousin.
(d) A suspect in the murder case.
6. What does Dave decide to do about Charlie?
(a) Call Purcel and get him to exercise restraint.
(b) Go and help Purcel eliminate Charlie.
(c) Not call the police.
(d) Call the police.
7. Who has dessert with Dave and Alafair?
(c) Tess Reagan.
(d) Dixie Lee.
8. What happens to Charlie?
(a) Desmarteau kills him.
(b) Purcel takes Charlie with him.
(c) Nygurski takes Charlie with him.
(d) Dixie Lee kills him.
9. Why does Dave refuse to see Dixie Lee?
(a) He's belligerent to Dave on the phone.
(b) He is with Dio.
(c) He's at a bar.
(d) He is with Mapes.
10. What is something Nygurski heard?
(a) That Mapes has killed a few other times.
(b) That Dave is making a lot of people nervous.
(c) That Dixie Lee was actually the murderer.
(d) That Dio has hired a hitman to kill Dave.
11. Where is Dixie Lee when he calls Dave?
(a) At Dio's compound.
(b) A local bar.
(c) In jail.
(d) On his way back to Boston.
12. What was injured by a boat?
(a) A young girl.
(b) A large alligator.
(c) A manatee.
(d) A moccasin.
13. What did Darlene have shortly before her death?
(a) A big breakfast.
(c) Three gin and tonics.
(d) A handful of xanex.
14. What is Charlie supposed to take?
(a) Dave's wallet.
(b) Before and after pictures.
(c) Dave's finger.
(d) Anything of value he wants.
15. What does Cletus call Dave to tell him?
(a) Darlene is missing.
(b) Darlene is dead.
(c) Clayton has been found dead.
(d) Clayton has been found alive.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dave's father tell Dave to do?
2. How is Darlene acting?
3. Why does Dave go to the courthouse?
4. What does Cletus tell Dave?
5. What happens when Dave heads to the reservation the next day?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)