|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what is Dixie Lee unhappy?
(a) Having to take a job running a forklift.
(b) Nothing; he's just glad to be away from Dio.
(c) About Dio double crossing him.
(d) About Dave making him go to AA.
2. Who is Darlene?
(a) Dave's sister.
(b) Dixie Lee's sister.
(c) The woman who comes and cares for Dave when he is sick.
(d) Dave's sister-in-law.
3. What does Dave do to the man in the yard?
(b) Asks him some questions.
(c) Knocks him to the ground and holds a gun on him.
(d) Tells him to leave immediately.
4. What does the man who comes in for some water do?
(a) Asks Dave for some money.
(b) Asks Dave to join his political group for which he is distributing pamphlets.
(c) Tells Dave he noticed some suspicious activity yesterday.
(d) Knocks Dave on the head and handcuffs him to a pipe.
5. What does Darlene suggest that Dave do?
(a) She has nothing to suggest.
(b) Check things out at the Reservation.
(c) Stay away from the Reservation.
(d) Ask to meet the Shaman off the Reservation.
6. Why does Dave go to the courthouse?
(a) To find a connection between Dio, Dixie Lee, Mapes, and the Star Drilling Company.
(b) To research Desmarteau's criminal record.
(c) To file a restraining order.
(d) To learn if Purcel owns any land in the area.
7. What happens to Charlie?
(a) Nygurski takes Charlie with him.
(b) Purcel takes Charlie with him.
(c) Dixie Lee kills him.
(d) Desmarteau kills him.
8. Who does Dave visit the morning after Darlene's death?
(a) The Blackfeet tribal police.
(b) The Sioux tribal police.
(c) A priest.
(d) The coroner.
9. What does Cletus tell Dave?
(a) That Charlie is dead.
(b) That Charlie was to also kill Dixie Lee.
(c) That Charlie is not the one who kills Darlene.
(d) That Charlie killed Darlene.
10. What does Dave begin to suspect?
(a) That there really isn't a contract out on him.
(b) That Darlene really did kill herself.
(c) That the man in the yard is the hitman.
(d) That Cletus killed Darlene.
11. Who is Clayton Desmarteau?
(a) The Shaman.
(b) A suspect in the murder case.
(c) A tribe member who has disappeared with his cousin.
(d) One of Mapes' lackies.
12. What does Nygurski say has been done to Dio?
(a) He is under surveillance round the clock.
(b) An undercover cop is working on the grounds.
(c) His phone has been tapped.
(d) He has been roughed up.
13. What does Dave write in a letter to Dio?
(a) Dave pretends to be Charlie upset about not getting his full pay for taking out Dave.
(b) That Dave has hired a hitman himself.
(c) That he has now figured out who murdered whom.
(d) That he is leaving Montana and getting out of Dio's affairs.
14. Who appears while Dave and his father are fishing?
(a) Alafair's biological mother.
(b) Dave's grandmother.
15. What does Dave tell Alafair is wrong with him?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the police think Desmarteau leaves town?
2. Who gives him a ride to the reservation?
3. What happens when Mapes and Vidrine found out about what was going on?
4. Who moves in with Dave?
5. With whom does Dave have dinner?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)