|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Dixie Lee's job when Dave encounters him?
(a) A leaseman for an oil company.
(b) A drill man for an oil company.
(c) A car salesman.
(d) A manager/agent for a band.
2. Why does Dixie Lee ask Sally Dio for help?
(a) For bail money.
(b) To give Dixie a new identity.
(c) To kill whoever is trying to kill him.
(d) To get off the drug charge.
3. What does Dave say he will do for Dixie Lee?
(a) Speak to the police on Dixie Lee's behalf.
(b) Give Dixie Lee a pistol.
4. How old is Dave's daughter, Alafair?
5. Why does Dave keep Alafair home from school?
(a) It's a school holiday.
(b) She is not feeling well.
(c) She is suspended for a day from school.
(d) He is fearful that something could happen to her.
6. Who does Dixie Lee believe tried to kill him?
(a) Vidrine and Dio.
(b) Mapes and Sally Dio.
(c) Vidrine and Mapes.
(d) Sally Dio.
7. Where is Dave on a business trip?
(a) New Orleans.
(b) Baton Rouge.
(d) Los Angeles.
8. Why does a nun call Dave?
(a) To solicit money for the charity hospital.
(b) To give a report on his daughter's behavior at school.
(c) To ask him to visit Dixie Lee.
(d) To ask him the address to send a letter.
9. Was anyone else injured in the fire?
(a) The pilot is killed.
(c) Several hotel guests are killed.
(d) A young woman is killed.
10. Who does Dixie Lee think Mapes and Vidrine killed?
(a) He's not sure but thinks it has something to do with AIM.
(b) A contractor who wanted to create a high-end subdivision.
(c) A mobster named Carl Bones.
(d) A land developer from Boston.
11. Who is Cletus Purcel?
(a) Dave's ex-partner.
(b) Dave's ex-boss.
(c) Dixie Lee's brother-in-law.
(d) Dave's ex-brother-in-law.
12. What effectively ends Dixie Lee's career?
(a) He is sued by the record label company.
(b) His vocal chords never heal right.
(c) Prison time.
(d) His wife dies and he is too grieved to perform.
13. Why does Dave have to spend the night there?
(a) He has a migraine headache.
(b) A rainstorm.
(c) His car breaks down.
(d) A meeting the next morning.
14. What do a used hypodermic needle, a picture of a headless Vietnamese girl, and a letter threatening Alafair have in common?
(a) They are not related.
(b) They are all components in a dream Dave has.
(c) They are all components in a dream Dixie Lee has.
(d) They were all in an envelope Dave finds in his mailbox on Monday.
15. What surprises Dave?
(a) That Purcel ignores Dave.
(b) That Dixie Lee actually gets off on the drug charge.
(c) That the CEO of Star Drilling is an old Army buddy.
(d) To see Purcel back in the States.
Short Answer Questions
1. What interferes with Dixie Lee's success?
2. What is the connection between Dio and Dixie Lee?
3. Whom does Dave dream of that night?
4. Why does Dave decide to go to Montana?
5. What does the person in Dave's dream tell him?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)