|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Dave's response to Dixie Lee's request?
(a) Dave won't help but knows someone who will.
(b) Dave says he'll help.
(c) Dave refuses to help.
(d) Dave won't even see Dixie Lee to hear the request.
2. What does Dixie Lee say that Dio is doing with the land Dixie Lee arranges for him to buy?
(a) It is a ranch and he's raising steers to sell.
(b) He's using it for an environmental project.
(c) He has no idea.
(d) He's using it as a tax write-off.
3. Back at home, what does Dave try to do?
(a) Put his affairs in order in case he goes to prison.
(b) Try to pretend nothing happened.
(c) Settle into his routine.
(d) Soothe Alafair's fears.
4. How is Dixie Lee injured?
(a) In a cabin fire.
(b) When his car caught fire.
(c) In a plane fire.
(d) In a hotel fire.
5. Who speaks to Dave outside of Sally Dio's home?
(a) Dixie Lee.
(c) The local sheriff.
(d) The DEA officer.
6. Where is Alafair staying while Dave is in jail?
(a) With her grandmother.
(b) With a cousin.
(c) With Dave's aunt.
(d) With Dave's deceased wife's best friend.
7. Who arrives at the house as no surprise to Dave?
(c) Sally Dio.
(d) Dixie Lee.
8. Who does Dave ask about having some "company" that night in the motel room?
(a) A room service employee where Vidrine and Mapes are staying.
(b) The desk clerk at the motel where Vidrine and Mapes are staying.
(c) The bartender at the motel bar where Vidrine and Mapes are staying.
(d) A woman standing on a street corner near the motel where Vidrine and Mapes are staying.
9. What does Dave do immediately upon his arrival in Montana?
(a) Buys a pistol.
(b) Rents a house.
(c) Calls Purcel.
(d) Calls Dixie Lee.
10. Why is Dave put in a cell with heinous criminals?
(a) Because of the horrific murder he is accused of committing.
(b) Because there's nothing the cops hate more is one who has gone bad.
(c) Because the sheriff does not like him.
(d) There is not other space available.
11. Why does Dave end up taking Alafair with him?
(a) The place he had arranged became no longer available.
(b) He will miss her too much.
(c) He is afraid for her safety with anyone else.
(d) She is too upset about his leaving.
12. What does the letter Dave receives tell him to do?
(a) Make an appointment with one of Alafair's teachers.
(b) Hush Dixie Lee.
(c) Go to a certain place to find information about Vidrine and Mapes.
(d) Stop making accusations against Vidrine and Mapes.
13. Why does Dixie Lee visit Dave?
(a) To ask Dave's help.
(b) Dave calls and invites him.
(c) He encounters Dave again accidentally.
(d) He does not visit Dave.
14. How does Sally plan to use the land Dixie Lee has been helping him purchase?
(a) To grow poppies.
(b) To import and export illegal drugs.
(c) To grow cotton.
(d) To farm peanuts.
15. Where does Dave go as soon as he has Alafair settled?
(a) To the local FBI office.
(b) To do some research at the library.
(c) To Sally Dio's compound.
(d) To the local sheriff's office to report in as required by the terms of his bail.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Dave dream of that night?
2. Who overhears Dave talking to the sheriff about the fire?
3. What does Dixie Lee overhear?
4. Why doesn't Dixie Lee want to go to the police?
5. Why does Dave think Mapes kills Vidrine?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)