|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What worries Dixie Lee?
(a) The stock tip is a set-up.
(b) The cops will be after Dixie Lee.
(c) The two co-workers might kill him.
(d) His wife is going to leave him.
2. What does Dave tell Dixie Lee a few days later?
(a) Dave thinks he has a good lead and is heading to Montana.
(b) Dave believes Dixie Lee is the murderer.
(c) Dave wants to know more of the financial status of Dixie's company.
(d) He cannot help him anymore.
3. Who does Dave call to tell he is in Montana and that he believes Dio has something to do with Mapes, Vidrine, and the murder they supposedly committed?
(a) The bail bondsman.
(b) The prosecutor who initiated the charges against Dave.
(d) The FBI.
4. What does the letter Dave receives tell him to do?
(a) Stop making accusations against Vidrine and Mapes.
(b) Go to a certain place to find information about Vidrine and Mapes.
(c) Make an appointment with one of Alafair's teachers.
(d) Hush Dixie Lee.
5. Where does Dave encounter Dixie Lee?
(a) A highway rest stop.
(b) A drugstore.
(c) A roadside cafe.
(d) The police station.
6. Why does Dan Nygurski contact Dave?
(a) They are old war buddies.
(b) To give him some more info about his wife's death.
(c) To find out what Dave knows about Dixie Lee and Sally.
(d) Dave's adopted daughter is his niece.
7. Who is Batist?
(a) Dave's employee.
(b) A Roman Catholic priest at Alafair's school.
(c) A gangster who hires out on murder contracts.
(d) An acquaintance of Vidrine and Mapes.
8. Where is Dave on a business trip?
(a) Baton Rouge.
(c) New Orleans.
(d) Los Angeles.
9. Who visits Dave after he's been in jail for two weeks?
(a) The DEA guy.
(b) Dixie Lee and Cletus Purcel.
(c) Sally Dio.
10. Why doesn't Dixie Lee want to go to the police?
(a) He thinks Dave would be able to help him more.
(b) Because he's an ex-con.
(c) He is afraid of going back to prison.
(d) He does not trust them.
11. How does Dixie Lee kill a child?
(a) By not watching it and it drowns in the pool.
(b) Driving under the influence.
(c) He does not kill a child.
(d) By shaking it too hard.
12. Who does Dixie Lee think Mapes and Vidrine killed?
(a) A mobster named Carl Bones.
(b) A contractor who wanted to create a high-end subdivision.
(c) He's not sure but thinks it has something to do with AIM.
(d) A land developer from Boston.
13. Who arrives at the house as no surprise to Dave?
(a) Dixie Lee.
(d) Sally Dio.
14. Where does Dave want to leave Alafair?
(a) At home with a babysitter.
(b) Where she was staying while he was in jail.
(c) At a friend's house who lives in Canada.
(d) With the child protective services.
15. How does Sally plan to use the land Dixie Lee has been helping him purchase?
(a) To farm peanuts.
(b) To import and export illegal drugs.
(c) To grow cotton.
(d) To grow poppies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Dave do what he does in question 53?
2. Why does Dave end up taking Alafair with him?
3. What does the person in Dave's dream tell him?
4. Why is Dixie Lee arrested?
5. What does Dave have the bartender do?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)