|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does a nun call Dave?
(a) To ask him the address to send a letter.
(b) To give a report on his daughter's behavior at school.
(c) To ask him to visit Dixie Lee.
(d) To solicit money for the charity hospital.
2. Who does Dixie Lee think Mapes and Vidrine killed?
(a) A mobster named Carl Bones.
(b) A contractor who wanted to create a high-end subdivision.
(c) A land developer from Boston.
(d) He's not sure but thinks it has something to do with AIM.
3. How does Dave react to Dixie Lee contacting Sally?
(a) He does not offer an opinion about it.
(b) He is not altogether sure Sally is not the one trying to kill Dixie Lee.
(c) He chastises Dixie Lee.
(d) He thinks Sally may be able to help.
4. What happens after Dave has been in jail for three weeks?
(a) He goes to trial.
(b) He is let go as the charges are dropped.
(c) He gets a loan approved and is able to post his bond.
(d) He is moved to the trustee dormitory.
5. Where is Dave on a business trip?
(b) New Orleans.
(c) Baton Rouge.
(d) Los Angeles.
6. What does Dave do about Alafair's schooling?
(a) He is home schooling.
(b) He enrolls her in the local elementary public school.
(c) He enrolls her in a small Catholic school.
(d) He enrolls her in local private boarding school where he can see her everyday.
7. How old is Dave's daughter, Alafair?
8. What does Dave do with his daughter?
(a) Asks his sister to keep her for a few days.
(b) Watches movies on the VCR.
(c) Takes her to his mother-in-law's.
(d) Sends her to his mother's house.
9. Who is Batist?
(a) A Roman Catholic priest at Alafair's school.
(b) An acquaintance of Vidrine and Mapes.
(c) A gangster who hires out on murder contracts.
(d) Dave's employee.
10. What subject causes Hollister to threaten Dave?
(a) Dave's father's death.
(b) Dixie Lee's innocence.
(c) Hollister does not threaten Dave.
(d) Vidrine and Mapes.
11. Who does Dave call to tell he is in Montana and that he believes Dio has something to do with Mapes, Vidrine, and the murder they supposedly committed?
(a) The bail bondsman.
(b) The prosecutor who initiated the charges against Dave.
(d) The FBI.
12. Who is someone else who shares the cell with Dave?
(a) A simple-minded black man accused of killing his infant son.
(b) A man who set fire to an apartment building for insurance not know there were six homeless people inside.
(c) A bank robber who accidentally kills his partner while robbing a bank.
(d) A man accused of stuffing a drunk homeless man into a dumpster just before the garbage truck arrives.
13. How are Dixie Lee and Sally Dio connected?
(a) They shared a prison cell.
(b) They are cousins.
(c) They are best friends from high school.
(d) They are brother-in-laws.
14. Why does Dixie Lee visit Dave?
(a) To ask Dave's help.
(b) Dave calls and invites him.
(c) He encounters Dave again accidentally.
(d) He does not visit Dave.
15. What does Dave tell Dixie Lee a few days later?
(a) He cannot help him anymore.
(b) Dave believes Dixie Lee is the murderer.
(c) Dave wants to know more of the financial status of Dixie's company.
(d) Dave thinks he has a good lead and is heading to Montana.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Dave dream of that night?
2. Who visits Dave after he's been in jail for two weeks?
3. Where is Alafair staying while Dave is in jail?
4. How does Sally plan to use the land Dixie Lee has been helping him purchase?
5. Why does Dave think Mapes kills Vidrine?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)