|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dave do to the man in the yard?
(a) Knocks him to the ground and holds a gun on him.
(b) Tells him to leave immediately.
(c) Asks him some questions.
2. What does the letter Dave receives tell him to do?
(a) Make an appointment with one of Alafair's teachers.
(b) Hush Dixie Lee.
(c) Go to a certain place to find information about Vidrine and Mapes.
(d) Stop making accusations against Vidrine and Mapes.
3. What happens after Dave has been in jail for three weeks?
(a) He is let go as the charges are dropped.
(b) He is moved to the trustee dormitory.
(c) He goes to trial.
(d) He gets a loan approved and is able to post his bond.
4. Who does Dixie Lee believe planted drugs in his car?
(a) Vidrine and Sally Dio.
(b) Mapes and Sally Dio.
(c) Sally Dio.
(d) Vidrine and Mapes.
5. Who is Cletus Purcel?
(a) Dave's ex-partner.
(b) Dixie Lee's brother-in-law.
(c) Dave's ex-boss.
(d) Dave's ex-brother-in-law.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dixie Lee kill a child?
2. Why does Dave go to the courthouse?
3. Who does Dave ask about having some "company" that night in the motel room?
4. Where is Alafair staying while Dave is in jail?
5. Why is Dave moved into solitary confinement?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)