|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does a nun call Dave?
(a) To solicit money for the charity hospital.
(b) To give a report on his daughter's behavior at school.
(c) To ask him to visit Dixie Lee.
(d) To ask him the address to send a letter.
2. What worries Dixie Lee?
(a) His wife is going to leave him.
(b) The cops will be after Dixie Lee.
(c) The stock tip is a set-up.
(d) The two co-workers might kill him.
3. Why can the Sheriff do nothing about the letter?
(a) He says it could just be a prank.
(b) There are no fingerprints or other identification.
(c) He says Dave has no proof it was addressed to Dave.
(d) It is out of his jurisdiction.
4. Who does Dave ask about having some "company" that night in the motel room?
(a) The bartender at the motel bar where Vidrine and Mapes are staying.
(b) The desk clerk at the motel where Vidrine and Mapes are staying.
(c) A room service employee where Vidrine and Mapes are staying.
(d) A woman standing on a street corner near the motel where Vidrine and Mapes are staying.
5. What subject causes Hollister to threaten Dave?
(a) Dixie Lee's innocence.
(b) Vidrine and Mapes.
(c) Hollister does not threaten Dave.
(d) Dave's father's death.
Short Answer Questions
1. Was anyone else injured in the fire?
2. Who is Tex?
3. How is Dixie Lee injured?
4. Why doesn't Dixie Lee want to go to the police?
5. What effectively ends Dixie Lee's career?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)