|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dave buy Alafair?
(a) A doll.
(b) A golden retriever.
(c) An Easter dress.
(d) An Appaloosa pony.
2. What does Dixie Lee overhear?
(a) An insider stock tip.
(b) A conversation between two co-workers about a murder they committed.
(c) Two cops talking about a bribe they accept.
(d) His wife talking to a man with whom she is having an affair.
3. Who is Tex?
(a) The name Dave jokingly calls the doll he bought Alafair.
(b) What Alafair names the golden retriever.
(c) Appaloosa pony.
(d) Dave's brother.
4. How is Dixie Lee injured?
(a) When his car caught fire.
(b) In a cabin fire.
(c) In a plane fire.
(d) In a hotel fire.
5. What does Dave have the bartender do?
(a) Mix him a non-alcoholic Bloody Mary.
(b) Notify the motel manager that there are prostitutes in the motel.
(c) Call the police.
(d) Get the women out of Vidrine and Mapes' room.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dave think Dixie Lee should do?
2. What does Dave decide to do despite saying he would do nothing?
3. What does Dave suspect started the fire that injures Dixie Lee?
4. How old is Dave's daughter, Alafair?
5. What do a used hypodermic needle, a picture of a headless Vietnamese girl, and a letter threatening Alafair have in common?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)