|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dave react to Dixie Lee contacting Sally?
(a) He thinks Sally may be able to help.
(b) He chastises Dixie Lee.
(c) He does not offer an opinion about it.
(d) He is not altogether sure Sally is not the one trying to kill Dixie Lee.
2. Why does Dixie Lee visit Dave?
(a) He encounters Dave again accidentally.
(b) Dave calls and invites him.
(c) He does not visit Dave.
(d) To ask Dave's help.
3. Why does Purcel go to South America?
(a) He killed a government witness.
(b) He was a missionary to an Amazon tribe.
(c) He falls in love with a woman from Brazil.
(d) He could live more cheaply there after retirement.
4. What is Dixie Lee's job when Dave encounters him?
(a) A drill man for an oil company.
(b) A manager/agent for a band.
(c) A leaseman for an oil company.
(d) A car salesman.
5. Why does Dan Nygurski contact Dave?
(a) To give him some more info about his wife's death.
(b) Dave's adopted daughter is his niece.
(c) They are old war buddies.
(d) To find out what Dave knows about Dixie Lee and Sally.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dave do after Vidrine and Mapes are alone?
2. What does Dave believe about the person he asks for company?
3. What does Dave buy Alafair?
4. Why does Dixie Lee drop out of college?
5. What do a used hypodermic needle, a picture of a headless Vietnamese girl, and a letter threatening Alafair have in common?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)