|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the police think Desmarteau leaves town?
(a) He left to work as a roustabout on a rig.
(b) He joins a travleing fair to work.
(c) Becuase he ruined his car that was about to be repossessed.
(d) He got a local girl pregnant and her father is angry.
2. What does the person in Dave's dream tell him?
(a) That Vidrine is not really dead.
(b) That Mapes is on his way to Montana.
(c) Not to forget his AA meetings.
(d) That Dixie Lee knows who Mapes and Vidrine killed.
3. How does Dave offend Darlene?
(a) By his badmouthing Purcel.
(b) By his continued protests.
(c) By his belief that Purcel is involved in murder.
(d) He does not offend her.
4. Why can the Sheriff do nothing about the letter?
(a) It is out of his jurisdiction.
(b) He says it could just be a prank.
(c) He says Dave has no proof it was addressed to Dave.
(d) There are no fingerprints or other identification.
5. What does Dave tell Dixie Lee?
(a) About what he learned about Mapes, Dio, and Star Drilling at the Teton.
(b) That either he or Purcell will kill Darlene's murderer.
(c) That Dixie Lee may be in danger.
(d) That Dave intends to break into Dio's home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Dixie Lee when he calls Dave?
2. What does Dave write in a letter to Dio?
3. What is something Nygurski heard?
4. Where does Dave go?
5. Why is Dixie Lee arrested?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)