|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dave buy Alafair?
(a) An Easter dress.
(b) A doll.
(c) A golden retriever.
(d) An Appaloosa pony.
2. What do a used hypodermic needle, a picture of a headless Vietnamese girl, and a letter threatening Alafair have in common?
(a) They are all components in a dream Dave has.
(b) They are not related.
(c) They were all in an envelope Dave finds in his mailbox on Monday.
(d) They are all components in a dream Dixie Lee has.
3. What does Darlene tell Dave about Dio?
(a) That Dixie Lee and Dio met even before they were both in prison together.
(b) That Mapes and Vidrine worked for Dio until recently.
(c) That Dio wants Dave to work for him.
(d) That Dio does not like Dave and does not want him around the compound.
4. What happened to Mapes when he is 17?
(a) He and a friend had a suspicious accident in which the friend dies.
(b) He is charged with assault.
(c) He left home after stealing his parents's savings.
(d) He gets drunk with a girl and rapes her but she does not press charges.
5. What does Dave do while sleeping?
(c) Mumbles in his sleep.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dave have the bartender do?
2. What surprises Dave?
3. Who is Clayton Desmarteau?
4. What does Dave decide to do despite saying he would do nothing?
5. How does Dave's lawyer feel about his case?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)