|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are Tess and the Principal of the school angry with Dave?
(a) For wanting to talk with the older boy.
(b) For not being upfront at the start of Alafair going to school there.
(c) For putting the school in danger.
(d) They are not angry with him.
2. How does Dave's lawyer feel about his case?
(a) He has no opinion at this point.
(b) Less than optimistic.
(c) Quite pessimistic.
3. What surprises Dave?
(a) To see Purcel back in the States.
(b) That the CEO of Star Drilling is an old Army buddy.
(c) That Purcel ignores Dave.
(d) That Dixie Lee actually gets off on the drug charge.
4. Why do the police think Desmarteau leaves town?
(a) He got a local girl pregnant and her father is angry.
(b) Becuase he ruined his car that was about to be repossessed.
(c) He joins a travleing fair to work.
(d) He left to work as a roustabout on a rig.
5. What does Dave decide to do about Charlie?
(a) Call Purcel and get him to exercise restraint.
(b) Go and help Purcel eliminate Charlie.
(c) Call the police.
(d) Not call the police.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do a used hypodermic needle, a picture of a headless Vietnamese girl, and a letter threatening Alafair have in common?
2. What does Dave have the bartender do?
3. Who is Tex?
4. Where does the chief send Dave?
5. What do Dave and his father catch?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)