• Dave Robicheaux is in Baton Rouge and encounters an old college friend, Dixie Lee, who was a promising rock and roll singer.
• Lee spends time in prison for a DUI involving a fatality, ending his singing career.
• Dixie Lee calls Dave and asks for help concerning a murder that Dixie Lee overheard the murderers discussing.
• Dixie Lee is afraid for his life but will not go to the police because of his prison record.
• Dave refuses to help because he does not want to bring any danger to his family.
• Dave learns there is a connection with the oil drilling company for which his father worked.
• Dave's father dies on a rig due to company negligence.
• Dan Nygurski, a DEA agent, visits Dave and wants information on Dixie Lee and Sally Dio, who is buying up land in Montana. Dave knows nothing.
• Dixie Lee is injured...
This section contains 1,316 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)