|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which horse found Black Beauty and Reuben in Chapter 26?
(b) An unnamed horse.
(d) Sir Oliver.
2. How much did Farmer Thoroughgood purchase Black Beauty for?
(a) Four pounds.
(b) Five pence.
(c) Four pence.
(d) Five pounds.
3. What was Filcher arrested for?
(b) He wasn't arrested.
4. Which word did Black Beauty NOT use to describe Alfred Smirk?
5. How many hours a day did Seedy Sam work?
Short Answer Questions
1. What color was Hotspur?
2. How did the cab drivers react to Seedy Sam’s speech in Chapter 39?
3. What was the name of the tavern many of the cab drivers visited in the winter?
4. Why didn’t Black Beauty recognize Ginger when he first saw her in Chapter 40?
5. How were the war horses loaded onto the ship to go to war?
Short Essay Questions
1. What clues told Ned and Robert right away that something was off with Reuben when they found Reuben and Black Beauty?
2. Based on Captain’s retelling of his war experience, how does war for horses compare to war for humans?
3. What does Chapter 31 say about responsibility involved in owning a horse?
4. What personal belief did Jerry share in Chapter 36?
5. What does it tell readers that Black Beauty compared Jerry to John Manly?
6. How did the way Jerry lived his life and treated people work toward his benefit in Chapter 45?
7. What was Seedy Sam’s speech about? What were his main points?
8. Black Beauty uses heavy sarcasm in Chapter 29. What is he describing and why might he be using sarcasm?
9. Just as men have a check list to go through when determining if they want to buy a horse, what qualities in a potential master did Black Beauty look for?
10. Does Black Beauty believe all boys are evil? What evidence does he give to support his belief?
This section contains 1,156 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)