|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the cab horse owner who had bought Black Beauty in Chapter 47?
2. Who tried to cut into Jerry’s cab before the woman carrying a child in Chapter 43?
(a) An old man.
(b) Two men.
(c) Two women.
(d) A wealthy man.
3. What day of the week did Jerry spend with his family?
4. What day of the week did Jerry give his horses off?
5. How did the woman Jerry picked up at the end of Chapter 43 know Polly?
(a) They were cousins.
(b) They were schoolgirl friends.
(c) She was Polly’s former mistress.
(d) They were sisters.
6. Why, according to the doctor, did Jerry survive his fever in Chapter 45?
(a) Because he ate healthy.
(b) Because he didn’t drink.
(c) Because he exercised regularly.
(d) Because he didn’t use tobacco.
7. What did Black Beauty say there is a great deal of at a horse fair?
8. How old was Dinah’s baby?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) Four weeks.
(c) Six weeks.
(d) Five weeks.
9. After Black Beauty stumbled in Chapter 25, what happened to Reuben Smith?
(a) He ran for a veterinarian.
(b) He passed out on the street.
(c) He stopped to check on Black Beauty.
(d) He ran for a doctor.
10. Why did Jerry borrow a cart from the butcher for his Sunday drive in Chapter 36?
(a) It was nicer looking.
(b) It steered better.
(c) It was heavier.
(d) It was lighter.
11. Who or what did Jerry blame for hurting Captain and putting him out of commission?
(c) The butcher.
12. What was Jerry’s final answer to Mr. Briggs regarding the job Mr. Briggs offered him?
(a) He had to think about it further.
(d) He agreed to do it twice a month.
13. When Jerry was out late working, how late would Polly wait up for him?
(b) 1 a.m.
(c) Until he came home.
(d) 11 p.m.
14. Whose cart ran in to Jerry’s cart hurting Captain?
(a) The butcher’s.
(b) The doctor’s.
(c) The blacksmith’s.
(d) The brewer’s.
15. What did Jerry become sick with?
(d) A double ear infection.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the tavern many of the cab drivers visited in the winter?
2. How did the cab drivers react to Seedy Sam’s speech in Chapter 39?
3. What did Black Beauty think about all night at the end of Chapter 25?
4. What caused Black Beauty’s sight to get worse?
5. Who exercised Hotspur while Jerry was sick?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)