|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Jerry borrow a cart from the butcher for his Sunday drive in Chapter 36?
(a) It was nicer looking.
(b) It was heavier.
(c) It steered better.
(d) It was lighter.
2. Who did Jerry tell about his conversation with Mr. Briggs, and that individual agreed with Jerry’s decision?
(d) Black Beauty.
3. In Chapter 26, what was determined to be wrong with Reuben?
(a) He had a broken back.
(b) He was fine, but still drunk.
(c) He was dead.
(d) He has a broken leg.
4. Who did Black Beauty compare Jerry’s care for him to?
(a) Mr. Barry.
5. Who or what did Jerry blame for hurting Captain and putting him out of commission?
(b) The butcher.
6. What was the Lady’s suggestion to Jakes to help Black Beauty get his load up the hill in Chapter 46?
(a) Remove his check-rein.
(b) Go around the hill.
(c) Take two trips with lighter loads.
(d) Get a running start.
7. What did Captain think of Army life at first?
(a) It was all he knew.
(b) He didn’t care for it but liked his master.
(c) He hated everything about it.
(d) It was very pleasant.
8. Which horse found Black Beauty and Reuben in Chapter 26?
(b) An unnamed horse.
(d) Sir Oliver.
9. How many men made offers for Black Beauty at the horse fair?
10. Black Beauty said that if he had to name a fault of Ginger’s, what would it be?
(a) She was impatient while standing.
(b) She only takes direction from men.
(c) She has a short temper.
(d) She is crabby in the mornings.
11. How was Black Beauty transferred to his new home in Chapter 27?
12. What did Black Beauty say there is a great deal of at a horse fair?
13. Who once said that spoiling a horse was as bad as spoiling a child?
(a) Lady Anne.
(d) Squire Gordon.
14. Who was Peggy sold to in Chapter 29?
(a) Two women.
(b) Two hunters.
(c) A stable boy.
(d) An old woman.
15. What day of the week did Jerry give his horses off?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the cab horse owner who had bought Black Beauty in Chapter 47?
2. In Chapter 43, what building was the woman carrying a child looking for?
3. What day of the week did Jerry spend with his family?
4. When Jerry was out late working, how late would Polly wait up for him?
5. Which old friend did Black Beauty think he saw on the street in Chapter 41?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)