|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Alfred Smirk’s job in relation to Black Beauty?
(a) Groom’s apprentice.
(b) Stable boy.
2. How old did Farmer Thoroughgood say Black Beauty was after looking at his teeth?
(a) 13-14 years old.
(b) 10-11 years old.
(c) 11-12 years old.
(d) 9-10 years old.
3. Which ingredient was gradually missing from Black Beauty’s food in Chapter 30?
4. What did the old man whom Black Beauty referred to in Chapter 41 as having a great relationship with his horse do for a living?
(d) Sold Coal.
5. What was the gentleman’s last name in Chapter 37, Dolly and a Real Gentleman?
6. Who was Jerry’s best customer?
(a) The preacher.
(b) Mr. Briggs.
(c) James Johnson.
(d) Mrs. Briggs.
7. What did Harry do when boys threw dirt at his sister in Chapter 42?
(a) Threw mud back at them.
(b) Told the police.
(c) Beat them up.
(d) Threw stones at them.
8. Under what circumstance would Jerry consider driving his horses faster than usual?
(a) If someone was late for the train.
(b) If someone was hurt.
(c) If a woman was in labor.
(d) If he knew why.
9. What did Black Beauty say there is a great deal of at a horse fair?
10. Who was Peggy sold to in Chapter 29?
(a) An old woman.
(b) Two hunters.
(c) A stable boy.
(d) Two women.
11. Who did Jerry tell about his conversation with Mr. Briggs, and that individual agreed with Jerry’s decision?
(a) Black Beauty.
12. How did the woman Jerry picked up at the end of Chapter 43 know Polly?
(a) They were cousins.
(b) She was Polly’s former mistress.
(c) They were schoolgirl friends.
(d) They were sisters.
13. Which type of driver did Black Beauty prefer for himself?
(a) Low-rein driver.
(b) High-rein driver.
(c) Loose-rein driver.
(d) Tight-rein driver.
14. What was wrong with Black Beauty’s feet in Chapter 31?
(a) An infected cut.
(c) He had slept on them wrong.
15. What was Seedy Sam’s profession?
(a) Bread maker.
(b) Cab driver.
(c) Horse trainer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which old friend did Black Beauty think he saw on the street in Chapter 41?
2. After Black Beauty stumbled in Chapter 25, what happened to Reuben Smith?
3. Where did the man who purchased Black Beauty from the horse fair live?
4. Who brought Jerry warm food in the winter if he could not come home to eat?
5. What did Jerry name Black Beauty?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)