|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What made Ginger incredibly sad in Chapter 27?
(a) She wouldn’t say why she was sad.
(b) She was sold.
(c) Black Beauty was sold.
(d) She knew she would be killed.
2. Who or what did Black Beauty compare Jerry Barker to?
(a) Joe Green.
(b) Rob Roy.
(d) John Manly.
3. What did Harry do when boys threw dirt at his sister in Chapter 42?
(a) Threw stones at them.
(b) Threw mud back at them.
(c) Told the police.
(d) Beat them up.
4. How were the war horses loaded onto the ship to go to war?
(a) They were lifted with straps.
(b) They were prodded forward with pitchforks.
(c) They were pulled on forcibly with ropes.
(d) They were lured on with apples.
5. What caused Black Beauty to stumble and fall in Chapter 25?
(a) His horseshoe came off.
(b) He was unsure what caused his fall.
(c) He tripped over a loose stone.
(d) He twisted an ankle.
6. What was Black Beauty blamed for regarding what happened to Reuben?
(a) For refusing to move forward.
(c) For not responding properly to orders.
(d) For throwing Reuben.
7. Why did Jerry borrow a cart from the butcher for his Sunday drive in Chapter 36?
(a) It was nicer looking.
(b) It steered better.
(c) It was heavier.
(d) It was lighter.
8. What day of the week did Jerry give his horses off?
9. Who had been on the stand longer than any other London cab driver?
10. Who brought Jerry warm food in the winter if he could not come home to eat?
(a) No one.
11. Which horse that Black Beauty pulled carts with ended up crippled due to the fault of the driver, as described in Chapter 29?
12. What did the farrier diagnose Black Beauty with in Chapter 47?
(a) Exhaustion from being overworked.
13. Who was the cab horse owner who had bought Black Beauty in Chapter 47?
14. What was wrong with Black Beauty’s feet in Chapter 31?
(a) He had slept on them wrong.
(c) An infected cut.
15. How many different types of drivers did Black Beauty describe in Chapter 28?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the man who purchased Black Beauty from the horse fair live?
2. What injury did Jerry sustain after being thrown from his cart when another cart ran into it in Chapter 44?
3. Why, according to the doctor, did Jerry survive his fever in Chapter 45?
4. What was the gentleman’s last name in Chapter 37, Dolly and a Real Gentleman?
5. What reason did Peggy give for her strange gait?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)