|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was sick in Chapter 18?
(a) Mrs. Gordon.
(c) Mr. Gordon.
(d) Black Beauty.
2. What nickname did the Master give Black Beauty’s mother?
3. Where does a bridle go on a horse?
(a) On it’s feet.
(b) On its tail.
(c) Over it’s back.
(d) In its mouth.
4. What was the lady of Earlshall’s first impression of Black Beauty and Ginger?
(a) They were not tall enough.
(b) They were gorgeous horses.
(c) They walked in perfect step.
(d) She wanted their check-reigns tighter.
5. How did Black Beauty warn his master about the broken bridge in Chapter 12?
(a) He stopped and refused to move forward.
(b) He kept turning just before the bridge, bringing the cart around in circles.
(c) He did not warn his master.
(d) He sat down and refused to move.
6. What was the only thing Ginger’s first master after she was broken cared about?
(a) His family.
(c) Looking fashionable.
(d) The horse’s well being.
7. Who did Merrylegs throw off of him in Chapter 9?
(a) Miss Flora.
(b) Miss Jessie.
(c) Mr. Blomefield’s daughter.
(d) One of Mr. Blomefield’s sons.
8. Who led Ginger out of the burning stable in Chapter 16?
(c) The main hostler.
(d) The second hostler.
9. What animal were the hunting dogs tracking in Chapter 2?
10. Joe saw a cart stuck in the mud in Chapter 20. What was it carrying?
11. Who named Black Beauty?
(a) No one knows.
(c) Squire Gordon.
(d) Mrs. Gordon.
12. How long had Black Beauty lived at Birtwik Park by Chapter 21?
(a) Three years.
(b) Four years.
(c) Five years.
(d) Two years.
13. Where were Blantyre and Lady Anne headed to on their ride in Chapter 24?
(a) The doctor.
(d) The town square.
14. How was Sir Clifford Williams related to Mr. Gordon?
(d) They are not related.
15. In Chapter 1, what did Dick throw at the horses?
(a) Celery and apples.
(b) Sticks and rocks.
(c) His shoes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the hunter who fell off of his horse in Chapter 2 break?
2. How many of Black Beauty’s feet were white?
3. What nickname did Black Beauty’s first master have for him?
4. How long was Sir Oliver’s tail?
5. From what type of tree did a branch fall in the path blocking Black Beauty during the storm in Chapter 12?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)