|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Merrylegs when first introduced in the book?
2. Joe saw a cart stuck in the mud in Chapter 20. What was it carrying?
3. What was James’ last name?
4. What phrase did the head hostler with the crooked leg say repeatedly?
(a) Bless you!
(b) My oh my!
(d) Dear me!
5. How old was Little Joe Green in Chapter 17?
(a) 15 ½.
(b) 16 ½.
(c) 14 ½.
(d) 12 ½.
6. Who did Ginger bite at Squire Gordon’s place?
(a) Mrs. Gordon.
(c) Squire Gordon.
7. Who led Black Beauty out of the burning stable in Chapter 16?
(b) The main hostler.
(d) The second hostler.
8. How many horses died in the fire at the hotel stable?
9. What was the only thing Ginger’s first master after she was broken cared about?
(a) The horse’s well being.
(c) Looking fashionable.
(d) His family.
10. In Chapter 19, what of Thomas’ was recently ruined, which John pointed out for comparison?
11. Who was the first person to respond to the fire in Chapter 16?
(a) The second hostler.
(c) The main hostler.
(d) Squire Gordon.
12. What did Black Beauty have so much of sometimes that he couldn’t help himself from acting out in Chapter 6?
13. Why did John and Thomas Green stay late at the stable one night in Chapter 19?
(a) They did not stay late.
(b) They needed to tend to Merrylegs.
(c) They were behind on work due to Joe.
(d) To see how Black Beauty’s medicine settled.
14. When Ginger was young, what would small boys passing by throw at her?
15. Who was credited for saving Mrs. Gordon’s life?
(b) Black Beauty.
(d) The doctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Ginger tell Black Beauty in Chapter 7 that she had never had?
2. How long was Sir Oliver’s tail?
3. Who was Max?
4. When spirited horses are not exercised enough, what are they sometimes called by humans?
5. What is the name of the horse that died in Chapter 2?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)