|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Lady Anne name Black Beauty?
(b) Black Auster.
(c) Black Bird.
2. What was James’ last name?
3. Which member of the Gordon family always rode Black Beauty in a riding party?
(a) Mrs. Gordon.
(b) Mr. Gordon.
(c) Miss Jessie.
(d) Miss Flora.
4. What article of clothing did Lady Anne lose while Lizzie was galloping frantically?
(a) Her glasses.
(b) Her glove.
(c) Her scarf.
(d) Her hat.
5. What phrase did Thomas use in Chapter 19 that upset John?
(a) “Innocence of youth.”
(b) “Just an accident.”
(d) “Only ignorance.”
6. Which farmer was the father of the boy in Chapter 13?
(a) Farmer Schooner.
(b) Farmer Babcock.
(c) Farmer Johnson.
(d) Farmer Bushby.
7. What was Blantyre’s relationship to Lady Anne?
8. In Chapter 1, what did Dick throw at the horses?
(a) Celery and apples.
(b) Sticks and rocks.
(d) His shoes.
9. Who named Black Beauty?
(a) No one knows.
(b) Mrs. Gordon.
(c) Squire Gordon.
10. Who was Little Joe Green?
(a) James’ replacement.
(b) Squire Gordon’s nephew.
(c) Farmer Bushby’s son.
(d) John’s nephew.
11. What was the lady of Earlshall’s first impression of Black Beauty and Ginger?
(a) They were not tall enough.
(b) She wanted their check-reigns tighter.
(c) They were gorgeous horses.
(d) They walked in perfect step.
12. What phrase did the head hostler with the crooked leg say repeatedly?
(a) My oh my!
(c) Bless you!
(d) Dear me!
13. What nickname did the Master give Black Beauty’s mother?
14. Who was Max?
(a) The new stableboy.
(b) The master’s son.
(c) Black Beauty’s new cart mate.
(d) The new coachman.
15. Why did John and Thomas Green stay late at the stable one night in Chapter 19?
(a) They needed to tend to Merrylegs.
(b) To see how Black Beauty’s medicine settled.
(c) They were behind on work due to Joe.
(d) They did not stay late.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the first person to respond to the fire in Chapter 16?
2. How did Black Beauty warn his master about the broken bridge in Chapter 12?
3. What did Black Beauty and Mr. Gordon see a young boy trying to make a pony do at the beginning of Chapter 13?
4. How did York subdue Ginger after she acted up in Chapter 23?
5. What was the only thing Ginger’s first master after she was broken cared about?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)