|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 47:.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Dinah’s baby?
(a) Six weeks.
(b) Five weeks.
(c) Four weeks.
(d) Three weeks.
2. How was Sir Clifford Williams related to Mr. Gordon?
(c) They are not related.
3. What did Jerry become sick with?
(a) A double ear infection.
4. What did the farrier diagnose Black Beauty with in Chapter 47?
(d) Exhaustion from being overworked.
5. What did Harry do when boys threw dirt at his sister in Chapter 42?
(a) Beat them up.
(b) Threw mud back at them.
(c) Threw stones at them.
(d) Told the police.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the gentleman’s last name in Chapter 37, Dolly and a Real Gentleman?
2. Why would the pony not obey the boy riding it in Chapter 13?
3. Why didn’t Black Beauty recognize Ginger when he first saw her in Chapter 40?
4. Why did Jerry borrow a cart from the butcher for his Sunday drive in Chapter 36?
5. How long passed in Chapter 23 before Ginger was put back on the carriage?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)