|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 40:.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the first person to respond to the fire in Chapter 16?
(a) The main hostler.
(b) Squire Gordon.
(c) The second hostler.
2. Who did Jerry agree to drive on a Sunday?
(a) No one.
(c) Mrs. Briggs.
(d) Dinah Brown.
3. What did Black Beauty have so much of sometimes that he couldn’t help himself from acting out in Chapter 6?
4. In Chapter 26, what was determined to be wrong with Reuben?
(a) He was fine, but still drunk.
(b) He had a broken back.
(c) He was dead.
(d) He has a broken leg.
5. When Ginger was young, what would small boys passing by throw at her?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the worst road condition for the horses to travel over?
2. How many of Black Beauty’s feet were white?
3. Why would the pony not obey the boy riding it in Chapter 13?
4. What was the relationship between Black Beauty and Ginger by the end of Chapter 5?
5. From what type of tree did a branch fall in the path blocking Black Beauty during the storm in Chapter 12?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)