|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 40:.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which member of the Gordon family always rode Black Beauty in a riding party?
(a) Miss Jessie.
(b) Miss Flora.
(c) Mrs. Gordon.
(d) Mr. Gordon.
2. What is the name of the horse that died in Chapter 2?
(a) Pepper Jack.
(b) Rob Roy.
(c) Black Jack.
3. What new piece of equipment that Black Beauty had to learn to wear in Chapter 3 made him want to kick?
4. What was Alfred Smirk’s job in relation to Black Beauty?
(b) Groom’s apprentice.
(c) Stable boy.
5. What was Filcher arrested for?
(c) He wasn't arrested.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much time of rest did Ginger get at Earlshall before she was sold?
2. What was Mr. Blomefield’s occupation?
3. What was the worst road condition for the horses to travel over?
4. What did Black Beauty have so much of sometimes that he couldn’t help himself from acting out in Chapter 6?
5. What did Black Beauty have stuck in his foot in his anecdote in Chapter 28?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)