|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17:.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was Sir Clifford Williams related to Mr. Gordon?
(d) They are not related.
2. What animal were the hunting dogs tracking in Chapter 2?
3. Who was Little Joe Green?
(a) Squire Gordon’s nephew.
(b) John’s nephew.
(c) Farmer Bushby’s son.
(d) James’ replacement.
4. What did Merrylegs do to first hint to the boys in Chapter 9 that he was tired and ready to be done?
(a) Stopped several times.
(b) Sat down.
(c) Made a “nay”ing sound.
(d) Kept heading back toward the barn.
5. How old was Little Joe Green in Chapter 17?
(a) 14 ½.
(b) 15 ½.
(c) 16 ½.
(d) 12 ½.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the first person to respond to the fire in Chapter 16?
2. Why would the pony not obey the boy riding it in Chapter 13?
3. Who led Ginger out of the burning stable in Chapter 16?
4. What type of stick did the boys riding Merrylegs use to whip him?
5. In Chapter 6, what did Black Beauty say he wanted more than anything?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)