|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12:.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How tall were Black Beauty and Ginger?
(a) 17 ½ hands.
(b) 15 ½ hands.
(c) 20 hands.
(d) 18 hands.
2. What was the relationship between Black Beauty and Ginger by the end of Chapter 5?
3. What did Merrylegs do to first hint to the boys in Chapter 9 that he was tired and ready to be done?
(a) Sat down.
(b) Stopped several times.
(c) Kept heading back toward the barn.
(d) Made a “nay”ing sound.
4. What prevented the animal in Chapter 2 from escaping the hunting dogs?
(a) Nothing; it escaped.
(b) A horse.
(c) It tripped in a hole.
(d) A fence.
5. Who did Merrylegs throw off of him in Chapter 9?
(a) One of Mr. Blomefield’s sons.
(b) Miss Jessie.
(c) Miss Flora.
(d) Mr. Blomefield’s daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Ginger tell Black Beauty in Chapter 7 that she had never had?
2. In Chapter 6, what did Black Beauty say he wanted more than anything?
3. When Ginger was young, what would small boys passing by throw at her?
4. Which horse had Mrs. Gordon sent James off on in the storm to look for Mr. Gordon, John, and Black Beauty?
5. How long was Sir Oliver’s tail?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)