|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12:.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what type of tree did a branch fall in the path blocking Black Beauty during the storm in Chapter 12?
2. How many of Black Beauty’s feet were white?
3. How did Black Beauty warn his master about the broken bridge in Chapter 12?
(a) He did not warn his master.
(b) He sat down and refused to move.
(c) He stopped and refused to move forward.
(d) He kept turning just before the bridge, bringing the cart around in circles.
4. Where does a bridle go on a horse?
(a) On its tail.
(b) On it’s feet.
(c) In its mouth.
(d) Over it’s back.
5. Which horse had Mrs. Gordon sent James off on in the storm to look for Mr. Gordon, John, and Black Beauty?
(d) Sir. Oliver.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Black Beauty have so much of sometimes that he couldn’t help himself from acting out in Chapter 6?
2. When spirited horses are not exercised enough, what are they sometimes called by humans?
3. What was Ginger fed when her lips were too cracked to eat hay after she was beaten?
4. What did Ginger tell Black Beauty in Chapter 7 that she had never had?
5. What animal were the hunting dogs tracking in Chapter 2?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)