|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 41:.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Little Joe Green?
(a) Squire Gordon’s nephew.
(b) Farmer Bushby’s son.
(c) John’s nephew.
(d) James’ replacement.
2. What day of the week did Jerry give his horses off?
3. What man-made machine helped Black Beauty become fearless in Chapter 3?
(a) A train.
(b) A bullhorn.
(c) A spur.
(d) A whip.
4. How did Black Beauty feel about seeing Joe so angry in Chapter 20?
5. What did Merrylegs do to first hint to the boys in Chapter 9 that he was tired and ready to be done?
(a) Made a “nay”ing sound.
(b) Stopped several times.
(c) Kept heading back toward the barn.
(d) Sat down.
Short Answer Questions
1. When spirited horses are not exercised enough, what are they sometimes called by humans?
2. How many different types of drivers did Black Beauty describe in Chapter 28?
3. In Chapter 6, what did Black Beauty say he wanted more than anything?
4. How old was James about to turn in Chapter 14?
5. How old was Little Joe Green in Chapter 17?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)