|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14:.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why, did Mr. Gordon say, the small pony probably turned toward his gates in the first place in Chapter 11?
(a) The pony was intentionally misbehaving.
(b) The pony knew Mr. Gordon was kinder than her master and wanted to go to him.
(c) The master probably got confused and signaled her that direction.
(d) The pony’s master had driven her that direction many times before and she remembered.
2. What new piece of equipment that Black Beauty had to learn to wear in Chapter 3 made him want to kick?
3. How many of Black Beauty’s feet were white?
4. How old was James about to turn in Chapter 14?
(a) Stable boy.
5. Where does a bridle go on a horse?
(a) On it’s feet.
(b) Over it’s back.
(c) In its mouth.
(d) On its tail.
Short Answer Questions
1. When spirited horses are not exercised enough, what are they sometimes called by humans?
2. What did Merrylegs do to first hint to the boys in Chapter 9 that he was tired and ready to be done?
3. How old was James about to turn in Chapter 14?
4. What reason did Captain Langley give Mr. Gordon for why he used check-reigns on his cart horses?
5. What type of stick did the boys riding Merrylegs use to whip him?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)