|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14:.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose opinion about James did Mr. Gordon want?
(a) Sir Clifford Williams.
(c) Mrs. Gordon.
(d) Farmer Bushby.
2. Who did Merrylegs throw off of him in Chapter 9?
(a) One of Mr. Blomefield’s sons.
(b) Mr. Blomefield’s daughter.
(c) Miss Flora.
(d) Miss Jessie.
3. What type of stick did the boys riding Merrylegs use to whip him?
4. Where does a bridle go on a horse?
(a) On it’s feet.
(b) On its tail.
(c) In its mouth.
(d) Over it’s back.
5. What did Black Beauty have so much of sometimes that he couldn’t help himself from acting out in Chapter 6?
Short Answer Questions
1. What new piece of equipment that Black Beauty had to learn to wear in Chapter 3 made him want to kick?
2. When spirited horses are not exercised enough, what are they sometimes called by humans?
3. In Chapter 6, what did Black Beauty say he wanted more than anything?
4. What man-made machine helped Black Beauty become fearless in Chapter 3?
5. What was the first question Mr. Gordon asked the man who pulled his small pony’s reigns hard and whipped her after she turned toward Mr. Gordon’s gates in Chapter 11?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)