|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14:.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years had Squire Gordon and Farmer Grey worked together to do away with check-reins?
(a) 12 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) One year.
(d) 20 years.
2. In Chapter 6, what did Black Beauty say he wanted more than anything?
(b) A companion.
(d) A well-fitted saddle.
3. What did Black Beauty have so much of sometimes that he couldn’t help himself from acting out in Chapter 6?
4. Who did Merrylegs throw off of him in Chapter 9?
(a) Mr. Blomefield’s daughter.
(b) Miss Flora.
(c) Miss Jessie.
(d) One of Mr. Blomefield’s sons.
5. How was Sir Clifford Williams related to Mr. Gordon?
(b) They are not related.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was James about to turn in Chapter 14?
2. Why, did Mr. Gordon say, the small pony probably turned toward his gates in the first place in Chapter 11?
3. Whose opinion about James did Mr. Gordon want?
4. What was Mr. Blomefield’s occupation?
5. What did Merrylegs do to first hint to the boys in Chapter 9 that he was tired and ready to be done?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)