|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14:.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of stick did the boys riding Merrylegs use to whip him?
2. How old was James about to turn in Chapter 14?
(a) Stable boy.
3. Where does a bridle go on a horse?
(a) On its tail.
(b) In its mouth.
(c) Over it’s back.
(d) On it’s feet.
4. What man-made machine helped Black Beauty become fearless in Chapter 3?
(a) A whip.
(b) A bullhorn.
(c) A spur.
(d) A train.
5. What reason did Captain Langley give Mr. Gordon for why he used check-reigns on his cart horses?
(a) He liked to see his horses hold their heads up.
(b) He thought it was a necessary training tool.
(c) He thought the horses liked it.
(d) He wanted his horses to know he was in charge.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was Sir Clifford Williams related to Mr. Gordon?
2. Whose opinion about James did Mr. Gordon want?
3. How many of Black Beauty’s feet were white?
4. What was the first question Mr. Gordon asked the man who pulled his small pony’s reigns hard and whipped her after she turned toward Mr. Gordon’s gates in Chapter 11?
5. In Chapter 6, what did Black Beauty say he wanted more than anything?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)