|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14:.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does a bridle go on a horse?
(a) In its mouth.
(b) On it’s feet.
(c) Over it’s back.
(d) On its tail.
2. What man-made machine helped Black Beauty become fearless in Chapter 3?
(a) A bullhorn.
(b) A spur.
(c) A train.
(d) A whip.
3. What type of stick did the boys riding Merrylegs use to whip him?
4. What was Mr. Blomefield’s occupation?
5. When spirited horses are not exercised enough, what are they sometimes called by humans?
(d) Out of control.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years had Squire Gordon and Farmer Grey worked together to do away with check-reins?
2. How old was James about to turn in Chapter 14?
3. What did Merrylegs do to first hint to the boys in Chapter 9 that he was tired and ready to be done?
4. Why, did Mr. Gordon say, the small pony probably turned toward his gates in the first place in Chapter 11?
5. What did Black Beauty have so much of sometimes that he couldn’t help himself from acting out in Chapter 6?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)