|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 28:.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Mr. York’s position at Earlshall Park?
(a) Stable Boy.
(c) Horse Trainer.
2. What reason did Captain Langley give Mr. Gordon for why he used check-reigns on his cart horses?
(a) He thought the horses liked it.
(b) He liked to see his horses hold their heads up.
(c) He thought it was a necessary training tool.
(d) He wanted his horses to know he was in charge.
3. Who once said that spoiling a horse was as bad as spoiling a child?
(c) Lady Anne.
(d) Squire Gordon.
4. What did John warn Mr. York that Black Beauty and Ginger had never used at Birtwick Park?
(a) A check-rein.
(d) Saddle straps.
5. How old was Little Joe Green in Chapter 17?
(a) 14 ½.
(b) 16 ½.
(c) 12 ½.
(d) 15 ½.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the first question Mr. Gordon asked the man who pulled his small pony’s reigns hard and whipped her after she turned toward Mr. Gordon’s gates in Chapter 11?
2. In Chapter 6, what did Black Beauty say he wanted more than anything?
3. How long did John agree to give Little Joe Green a try?
4. Which type of driver did Black Beauty prefer for himself?
5. What did Black Beauty have so much of sometimes that he couldn’t help himself from acting out in Chapter 6?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)