|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 28:.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Little Joe Green in Chapter 17?
(a) 16 ½.
(b) 14 ½.
(c) 12 ½.
(d) 15 ½.
2. What was the lady of Earlshall’s first impression of Black Beauty and Ginger?
(a) They walked in perfect step.
(b) They were not tall enough.
(c) They were gorgeous horses.
(d) She wanted their check-reigns tighter.
3. What did John warn Mr. York that Black Beauty and Ginger had never used at Birtwick Park?
(b) Saddle straps.
(c) A check-rein.
4. What did Black Beauty have so much of sometimes that he couldn’t help himself from acting out in Chapter 6?
5. Who was Little Joe Green?
(a) James’ replacement.
(b) John’s nephew.
(c) Farmer Bushby’s son.
(d) Squire Gordon’s nephew.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the first question Mr. Gordon asked the man who pulled his small pony’s reigns hard and whipped her after she turned toward Mr. Gordon’s gates in Chapter 11?
2. What did Black Beauty have stuck in his foot in his anecdote in Chapter 28?
3. What was Mr. York’s position at Earlshall Park?
4. Which type of driver did Black Beauty prefer for himself?
5. How long did John agree to give Little Joe Green a try?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)