|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 28:.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason did Captain Langley give Mr. Gordon for why he used check-reigns on his cart horses?
(a) He thought the horses liked it.
(b) He liked to see his horses hold their heads up.
(c) He thought it was a necessary training tool.
(d) He wanted his horses to know he was in charge.
2. When spirited horses are not exercised enough, what are they sometimes called by humans?
(c) Out of control.
3. What was Mr. York’s position at Earlshall Park?
(a) Horse Trainer.
(d) Stable Boy.
4. What did Black Beauty have stuck in his foot in his anecdote in Chapter 28?
(a) A splinter.
(b) A piece of glass.
(c) A stone.
(d) A piece of coal.
5. How old was Little Joe Green in Chapter 17?
(a) 12 ½.
(b) 14 ½.
(c) 15 ½.
(d) 16 ½.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why, did Mr. Gordon say, the small pony probably turned toward his gates in the first place in Chapter 11?
2. How many years had Squire Gordon and Farmer Grey worked together to do away with check-reins?
3. What was the lady of Earlshall’s first impression of Black Beauty and Ginger?
4. What was John’s sister’s name?
5. Who was Little Joe Green?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)