|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 37:.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Black Beauty stumbled in Chapter 25, what happened to Reuben Smith?
(a) He stopped to check on Black Beauty.
(b) He ran for a doctor.
(c) He passed out on the street.
(d) He ran for a veterinarian.
2. Why did Jerry borrow a cart from the butcher for his Sunday drive in Chapter 36?
(a) It was heavier.
(b) It steered better.
(c) It was lighter.
(d) It was nicer looking.
3. Which farmer was the father of the boy in Chapter 13?
(a) Farmer Babcock.
(b) Farmer Bushby.
(c) Farmer Johnson.
(d) Farmer Schooner.
4. What was Reuben Smith’s vice?
5. What did Black Beauty think about all night at the end of Chapter 25?
(a) His mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why would the pony not obey the boy riding it in Chapter 13?
2. Who convinced Jerry to drive someone on a Sunday in Chapter 36?
3. Who did Jerry agree to drive on a Sunday?
4. What did Black Beauty and Mr. Gordon see a young boy trying to make a pony do at the beginning of Chapter 13?
5. What caused Black Beauty to stumble and fall in Chapter 25?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)