|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 37:.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Dinah’s baby?
(a) Four weeks.
(b) Five weeks.
(c) Three weeks.
(d) Six weeks.
2. What caused Black Beauty to stumble and fall in Chapter 25?
(a) His horseshoe came off.
(b) He twisted an ankle.
(c) He was unsure what caused his fall.
(d) He tripped over a loose stone.
3. What was Reuben Smith’s vice?
4. Why did Jerry borrow a cart from the butcher for his Sunday drive in Chapter 36?
(a) It was heavier.
(b) It was lighter.
(c) It was nicer looking.
(d) It steered better.
5. After Black Beauty stumbled in Chapter 25, what happened to Reuben Smith?
(a) He ran for a doctor.
(b) He stopped to check on Black Beauty.
(c) He ran for a veterinarian.
(d) He passed out on the street.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did John do when the farmer’s son asked for his help in Chapter 13?
2. Who convinced Jerry to drive someone on a Sunday in Chapter 36?
3. Who did Jerry agree to drive on a Sunday?
4. What did Black Beauty and Mr. Gordon see a young boy trying to make a pony do at the beginning of Chapter 13?
5. Why would the pony not obey the boy riding it in Chapter 13?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)