|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. From where does Patty Bancroft call Beth?
2. Why is Beth hesitant about Robert's request?
3. Why does a boy at school make fun of Bennie?
4. What style is Beth and Robert's new home?
5. Bobby broke Frannie's collar bone over a discussion of ___________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Frannie's new identity?
2. What does Frannie realize about her husband when hearing details about a police case?
3. Why is Beth hesitant to allow Robert to go off by himself in the grocery store?
4. What does Frannie decide for her new life with a new identity?
5. Why does Frannie feel a sense of guilt regarding her injuries?
6. What details does Beth have to drill into Robert prior to his going to school?
7. How does Frannie first encounter Patty Bancroft?
8. Who is the new friend Beth meets on the first day of school?
9. What is Beth's new job and why is she relieved to have it?
10. Who is Patty Bancroft and why does she do the work she does?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author uses more than one instance of irony in the book. Cite at least two other examples you can identify in the novel and note why they are examples of irony.
Essay Topic 2
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of disappointment. Identify at least two characters who either embody or experience disappointment; then cite an example to support your answers.
Essay Topic 3
Create a character study of Mike. What are his physical characteristics? What are his motivations? What are his fears? What are his dreams? What else can you say about Mike?
This section contains 953 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)