|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Patty give to Frannie when she meets her?
2. What became rare between Frannie and Bobby?
3. Where does Beth find Robert?
4. Where are Beth and Robert at the beginning of this section?
5. On what does Patty's network survive?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Patty Bancroft and why does she do the work she does?
2. What does Frannie realize about her husband when hearing details about a police case?
3. What is Frannie's new identity?
4. What preparations are made for Robert to go to his new school?
5. Why does Frannie feel a sense of guilt regarding her injuries?
6. Why is Robert asked to leave the grocery store?
7. How does Robert accept his new life as Robert Crenshaw?
8. Why does Beth worry that Robert may be more like Bobby than she would like him to be?
9. What made Frannie start to entertain the idea of leaving her husband?
10. What is the nature of Beth's encounter with Mike Riordan in the grocery store?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Does Quindlen end the story on a note of hope for Beth or the continuance of her struggle to come to terms with her flawed relationship with Bobby? Give your perspective and two reasons to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Create a character study of Robert. What are his physical characteristics? What are his motivations? What are his fears? What are his dreams? What else can you say about Robert?
Essay Topic 3
Create a character study of Frannie/Beth. What are her physical characteristics? What are her motivations? What are her fears? What are her dreams? What else can you say about Frannie/Beth?
This section contains 916 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)