|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Beth and Robert deliver Thanksgiving dinner to whom?
(a) Mr. and Mrs. Voiles.
(b) Mike Riordan.
(c) Miss Sara.
(d) Mrs. Levitt.
2. With whom had Frannie always spent Christmas Day?
(a) Bobby's family.
(b) Her best friend.
(c) The neighbors.
(d) Her family.
3. How did Mrs. Levitt meet her husband?
(a) He was in the military unit that liberated her concentration camp.
(b) They met at a mixer in college.
(c) They were childhood sweethearts.
(d) He was a writer who interviewed her for a newspaper story.
4. What does Beth ask Grace to tell her?
(a) All about her new boyfriend.
(b) Her Thanksgiving story.
(c) How her new job is going.
(d) All about her Caribbean cruise.
5. What products does Cindy's mother sell?
(b) Medical supplies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Beth tells Patty Bancroft that she wants to begin paying her own rent and __________________.
2. Who does Frannie call after Bobby broke her nose?
3. Who does Beth hope will protect her from Bobby?
4. How did Cindy's twin sister die?
5. Where do Beth and Robert have a Thanksgiving meal?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Beth and Robert react when they learn that several New York police officers have been killed?
2. How does Beth respond when Patty Bancroft insists that Beth and Robert move after the television news broadcast?
3. What does Beth wonder about the real reason she has left Bobby?
4. When does Frannie realize that she needs to enlist Patty Bancroft's help to escape from Bobby?
5. Why do Beth and Robert end up having Thanksgiving dinner by themselves?
6. What are the personal motivations that cause both Cindy and Beth to make the life decisons that they have?
7. How does Beth inadvertently end up on TV news and how does she feel about it?
8. Why is Beth alarmed by a noise when Robert has a sleepover?
9. Why does Beth not panic when she learns that Robert has called his father after the bullying incident?
10. What is the first slip that Beth makes in possibly revealing her former identity?
This section contains 1,160 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)