|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What injury has Bobby inflicted on Frannie that has made her decide to leave him?
(a) He broke her leg.
(b) He broke her nose.
(c) He gave her a concussion.
(d) He fractured her pelvis.
2. Why did Frannie dismiss Bobby's early violence toward her?
(a) She didn't think it would happen again.
(b) She was afraid to say anything.
(c) She knew he would kill her if she said anything.
(d) She knew her parents would make her break up with him.
3. What is the name of Beth and Robert's new town?
(a) Lake Placid.
(b) Lake City.
(c) Lake Plata.
(d) Lake Monroe.
4. What does Robert tell Beth soon after their arrival at their new home?
(a) He knows this is not a vacation.
(b) He is ready to go back home now.
(c) He wants to call his father to come get him.
(d) He doesn't think they will be safe here.
5. Going forward, Frannie feels that as Beth Crenshaw she will be ___________________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Beth and Robert at the beginning of this section?
2. Where does Frannie first meet Patty Bancroft?
3. Beth wonders about what as she settles into her new life?
4. How does Beth feel when she is with Mike?
5. Why does Mike make this suggestion to Beth?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Frannie's new identity?
2. Why is Robert asked to leave the grocery store?
3. What does Frannie recall about the first time Bobby hit her?
4. What is the reason that Frannie has finally decided to leave her abusive husband?
5. What made Frannie start to entertain the idea of leaving her husband?
6. Who is the new friend Beth meets on the first day of school?
7. What details does Beth have to drill into Robert prior to his going to school?
8. How does Beth begin to feel about Mike as their friendship deepens?
9. What is the premise of BLACK AND BLUE?
10. What does Frannie realize about her husband when hearing details about a police case?
This section contains 1,043 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)