|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what does Beth have a hard time in her new life?
(a) She can't remember names of new people.
(b) She can't find a job.
(c) She gets lost in the town.
(d) She misses her friends and family.
2. What worries Beth about Robert?
(a) That he is a slow learner.
(b) That he is more like Bobby than she would like.
(c) That he has no friends.
(d) That he has no sense of humor.
3. What else does Patty give to Beth when she calls her?
(a) The name of a psychologist.
(b) A bank account.
(c) Divorce procedures.
(d) A new phone number.
4. What does Cindy invite Beth to do?
(a) Go shopping.
(b) Go to a movie.
(c) Come to her house for coffee.
(d) Go out for lunch.
5. What does Cindy give to Beth?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what city is Frannie waiting as the book opens?
2. What is the name of the family who lives next door to Beth and Robert?
3. Why does Mike make this suggestion to Beth?
4. What is the story Beth must tell about her ex-husband?
5. What positive thing does Frannie recall about Bobby?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why can Beth not entertain ideas of what a life without Bobby might have meant for her?
2. Were there ever any good moments in Frannie's marriage to Bobby?
3. What made Frannie start to entertain the idea of leaving her husband?
4. Why is Robert asked to leave the grocery store?
5. What preparations are made for Robert to go to his new school?
6. How does Frannie first encounter Patty Bancroft?
7. What is Frannie's new identity?
8. What does Frannie recall about the first time Bobby hit her?
9. What does Beth do to make the duplex a little more homey?
10. What is the reason that Frannie has finally decided to leave her abusive husband?
This section contains 879 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)