|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does the woman at the coffee kiosk NOT give to Frannie?
(b) Train tickets.
(c) Drivers' License.
(d) Social Security Number.
2. How does Beth feel when she is with Mike?
3. What does Robert tell Beth soon after their arrival at their new home?
(a) He doesn't think they will be safe here.
(b) He wants to call his father to come get him.
(c) He is ready to go back home now.
(d) He knows this is not a vacation.
4. What does Frannie decide that she will call herself based on her new name?
5. What did Bobby do when Frannie accepted a phone call from a male co-worker?
(a) Locked her in the basement.
(b) Burned her with a cigarette.
(c) Slashed her face.
(d) Raped her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mike Riordan?
2. Why will Beth not allow Robert to see a counselor?
3. What is Bobby's profession?
4. What is Beth's overriding fear?
5. With what does Beth have a hard time in her new life?
Short Essay Questions
1. How has the move to Florida impacted Beth's relationship with Robert?
2. Who is Patty Bancroft and why does she do the work she does?
3. What is the premise of BLACK AND BLUE?
4. What is the reason that Frannie has finally decided to leave her abusive husband?
5. What preparations are made for Robert to go to his new school?
6. How does Frannie learn her new identity?
7. What details does Beth have to drill into Robert prior to his going to school?
8. What does Frannie recall about the first time Bobby hit her?
9. Who is the new friend Beth meets on the first day of school?
10. What does Frannie decide for her new life with a new identity?
This section contains 1,032 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)