|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Levitt need Beth to bring her?
2. Why do Beth and Robert think Bobby may be dead?
(a) They cannot find a listing for him in the New York phone book.
(b) His phone has been disconnected.
(c) They learn that some New York police officers are killed.
(d) They get a cryptic message from Patty.
3. What does Beth note about the relationship between Cindy and her mother?
(a) It reminds her of her own mother.
(b) It is tense.
(c) It is fun.
(d) It is non-existent.
4. What is Grace's profession?
(c) College professor.
(d) Newspaper publisher.
5. How did Mrs. Levitt meet her husband?
(a) He was a writer who interviewed her for a newspaper story.
(b) They met at a mixer in college.
(c) He was in the military unit that liberated her concentration camp.
(d) They were childhood sweethearts.
6. What do Beth and Robert paste on Robert's closet door?
(b) Sports photos.
(c) Animal pictures.
(d) Baby pictures.
7. How are two children injured on the outing in #128?
(a) A canoe overturns.
(b) They are hit by a speeding car.
(c) They are hit by lightning.
(d) A Ferris wheel car breaks loose.
8. With whom had Frannie always spent Christmas Day?
(a) Bobby's family.
(b) The neighbors.
(c) Her family.
(d) Her best friend.
9. Where does Grace live?
(b) New York.
(d) San Francisco.
10. How does Beth react to what Patty Bancroft tells her?
(a) She balks.
(b) She has to think about it.
(c) She sees some logic in it.
(d) She agrees completely.
11. Where does Beth want to live now?
12. Who does Beth hope will protect her from Bobby?
(a) The police.
13. Beth tells Patty Bancroft that she wants to begin paying her own rent and __________________.
(a) Move to a bigger place.
(b) Her own phone bills.
(c) Get a new car.
(d) Get a better job.
14. What is notable about Frannie's family?
(a) They are very close.
(b) They are pillars of the community.
(c) They move every year or so.
(d) They are abusive.
15. How many days after the televised news episode does Patty Bancroft call Beth?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Beth and Robert have a Thanksgiving meal?
2. What holiday do Beth and Robert spend with the Roerbackers?
3. Where does Mike take Beth and Robert on an outing?
4. What is the purpose of Mrs. Levitt's phone call to Beth?
5. Patty Bancroft thinks that Beth is _____________ to stay living in the same place.
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)