|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What recent medical problem has afflicted Mrs. Levitt?
(a) High cholesterol.
(b) Migraine headaches.
(c) High blood pressure.
2. What does Patty Bancroft tell Beth when she calls?
(a) She can no longer call her.
(b) She should prepare to move.
(c) She is getting a new job.
(d) Bobby knows where she is.
3. What help does Beth provide for the injured children in #128?
(a) She applies a tourniquet.
(b) She calls an ambulance.
(c) She keeps them from going into shock.
(d) She does CPR.
4. Who videotapes Beth's assistance to the injured children?
(a) Mr. Illing.
(b) Mike Riordan.
(c) Mrs. Levitt.
(d) Mr. Castro.
5. What does Beth believe is hardest for Frannie to have left in her old life?
(a) Her house.
(b) Her friends.
(c) The shopping malls.
(d) Her church.
6. How did Mrs. Levitt meet her husband?
(a) They were childhood sweethearts.
(b) They met at a mixer in college.
(c) He was a writer who interviewed her for a newspaper story.
(d) He was in the military unit that liberated her concentration camp.
7. Why is Beth frightened later that night?
(a) Her helping the injured children is shown on TV.
(b) She has a nightmare.
(c) She hears someone in the house.
(d) She gets a call from Bobby.
8. Why did Cindy marry the man she did?
(a) He comes from a good family.
(b) He wanted to start a pool business.
(c) He is very attentive to her.
(d) He is the most sensitive man she ever met.
9. Where did Cindy grow up?
(a) On a farm.
(b) In the suburbs.
(c) In a small town.
(d) In the city.
10. With whom had Frannie always spent Christmas Day?
(a) Her family.
(b) Bobby's family.
(c) Her best friend.
(d) The neighbors.
11. After the incident at school, Robert thinks that his father could be ______________.
(a) A bigot.
(c) Getting close to finding him.
12. What holiday do Beth and Robert spend with the Roerbackers?
(d) Fourth of July.
13. Where does Mike Riordan take the school athletes at the end of the season?
(b) A carnival.
(c) A state park.
(d) The ice cream stand.
14. How are two children injured on the outing in #128?
(a) They are hit by a speeding car.
(b) They are hit by lightning.
(c) A canoe overturns.
(d) A Ferris wheel car breaks loose.
15. Where does Mike take Beth and Robert on an outing?
(a) Disney World.
(b) The beach.
(c) The Florida Keys.
(d) The mountains.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is notable about Frannie's family?
2. What school project of Robert's upsets Beth?
3. What is Grace's profession?
4. Patty Bancroft thinks that Beth is _____________ to stay living in the same place.
5. Where do Beth and Robert have a Thanksgiving meal?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)