|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Grace tells Beth that _____________ has been to her home several times looking for Frannie.
(b) Father White.
(c) Their mother.
(d) The police.
2. What does Patty Bancroft tell Beth when she calls?
(a) Bobby knows where she is.
(b) She is getting a new job.
(c) She can no longer call her.
(d) She should prepare to move.
3. What medical emergency occurs for Cindy at Thanksgiving?
(a) Her daughter breaks her arm.
(b) Her father has a stroke.
(c) She suffers a crushed pelvis in a car accident.
(d) Her mother falls and breaks a hip.
4. How did Cindy's twin sister die?
(a) She was in a car accident.
(b) She was run over by a tractor.
(c) She had leukemia.
(d) She had heart problems.
5. What school project of Robert's upsets Beth?
(a) Watching a Holocaust documentary.
(b) Writing a report on the Ku Klux Klan.
(c) Creating a family tree.
(d) A Civil War reenactment.
6. What products does Cindy's mother sell?
(a) Medical supplies.
7. Who does Frannie call after Bobby broke her nose?
(a) Anne Sexton.
(b) Patty Bancroft.
(c) Millie Francis.
(d) Paula Baines.
8. What is the source of the noises that Beth hears near the living room windows?
(a) Wind rattling the glass.
(b) Tree branches in the wind.
(c) Girls throwing water balloons.
(d) Hail hitting the windows.
9. What slip does Beth make while talking to Cindy?
(a) She calls her ex-husband Bobby.
(b) She calls her son David.
(c) She refers to her hometown as Brooklyn.
(d) She refers to herself as Frannie.
10. What does Robert do for the first time in his life in this section?
(a) Goes to a Major League Baseball game.
(b) Has a sleepover.
(c) Rides an ATV.
(d) Gets a basketball trophy.
11. What does Beth recall during an intimate moment with Mike?
(a) The moment she fell in love with him.
(b) Her wedding night.
(c) Being raped by Bobby.
(d) Her first boyfriend.
12. Who does Beth call on Thanksgiving evening?
(b) Her sister.
(c) Her mother.
13. Who does Beth hope will protect her from Bobby?
(d) The police.
14. Robert comes home from school one day with ______________.
(a) A new book.
(b) Extra lunch money.
(c) A new friend.
(d) A black eye.
15. How are two children injured on the outing in #128?
(a) They are hit by lightning.
(b) A Ferris wheel car breaks loose.
(c) They are hit by a speeding car.
(d) A canoe overturns.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Beth note about the relationship between Cindy and her mother?
2. How does Beth react to what Patty Bancroft tells her?
3. Who videotapes Beth's assistance to the injured children?
4. Why do Beth and Robert think Bobby may be dead?
5. How many days after the televised news episode does Patty Bancroft call Beth?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)