|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Bobby do when Frannie accepted a phone call from a male co-worker?
(a) Burned her with a cigarette.
(b) Slashed her face.
(c) Raped her.
(d) Locked her in the basement.
2. Where does Beth encounter Cindy?
(a) At the drug store.
(b) At the school.
(c) At the grocery.
(d) At the beauty salon.
3. In what state is Beth and Robert's new town located?
(c) New York.
4. How does Robert adjust to the idea that his father is an abuser?
(a) He seems to accept it.
(b) He knows it is true.
(c) He flat out rejects it.
(d) He questions it.
5. Where are Beth and Robert at the beginning of this section?
(a) The supermarket.
(c) The library.
(d) The gas station.
6. Why does Mike make this suggestion to Beth?
(a) It will help Robert mature.
(b) It will give Robert an outlet for his anger.
(c) It will be a lesson in responsibility for Robert.
(d) It will be a creative outlet for Robert.
7. Beth's first patient as a home health worker is a woman with __________________.
(b) Cerebral Palsy.
(c) Muscular Dystrophy.
8. What is Bobby's profession?
(b) Police officer.
9. What does Robert have a hard time understanding?
(a) Why his mother has taken him away from his family and friends.
(b) Why he can't have a moped.
(c) Why they can't go on vacation.
(d) Why his mother is dating a new man.
10. How old is Robert?
11. Which of the following does Beth not put in her duplex?
(d) Wet bar.
12. What does Cindy give to Beth?
13. What suggestion does Mike offer to Beth?
(a) That Robert join the soccer team.
(b) That she get a tutor for Robert.
(c) That she join the P.T.A.
(d) That Robert get a part-time job.
14. After Bobby hit Frannie the first time, what article of clothing could she not wear for a week?
(b) Low cut dress.
(c) V-neck sweater.
15. Beth's new home reminds her of what?
(a) All the places she lived as a child.
(b) Cracker boxes that all look alike.
(c) Her home in Brooklyn.
(d) The places you see in magazines.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who joins Beth as she runs at the track at school?
2. What is the name of the family who lives next door to Beth and Robert?
3. What does Robert ask his mother at this location?
4. Robert is unaware of what regarding the relationship between his mother and father?
5. What is the story Beth must tell about her ex-husband?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)