|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What news does Patty Bancroft have for Beth when she calls her?
(a) She has a new cell phone for her.
(b) She has found a job for her.
(c) She has a car for her.
(d) Bobby knows where she is.
2. What is the goal of all the cops' wives that Frannie used to know?
(a) Have an affair.
(b) Have grandchildren.
(c) Lose weight.
(d) Move to Florida.
3. What does Robert ask his mother at this location?
(a) If he can get a library card.
(b) If he can call his father.
(c) If he can sleep over at Bennie's tonight.
(d) If he can look at the comic books.
4. What is the story Beth must tell about her marital status?
(a) She is single.
(b) She is married.
(c) She is separated.
(d) She is divorced.
5. Who is Mike Riordan?
(a) Vice Principal at Robert's school.
(b) Beth's landlord.
(c) Beth's insurance agent.
(d) Bobby's best friend.
6. What does Cindy invite Beth to do?
(a) Go shopping.
(b) Come to her house for coffee.
(c) Go to a movie.
(d) Go out for lunch.
7. What style is Beth and Robert's new home?
8. Why is Beth especially worried on Robert's first day of school?
(a) That he won't be able to keep all the new facts straight.
(b) That he will make a call to his father.
(c) That the other kids will make fun of him.
(d) That he will fall behind in classes.
9. What is the name of the family who lives next door to Beth and Robert?
10. What is Frannie's profession?
11. What started Frannie thinking about leaving Bobby?
(a) Her priest's advice.
(b) She fell in love with someone else.
(c) Her sister's prompting.
(d) The deaths of domestic abuse patients.
12. Why can Beth not find Robert in the store?
(a) The manager has thrown him out.
(b) He has gone to the video arcade.
(c) He is walking around the mall.
(d) He is walking home.
13. With what does Beth have a hard time in her new life?
(a) She can't find a job.
(b) She gets lost in the town.
(c) She misses her friends and family.
(d) She can't remember names of new people.
14. Where is Frannie waiting as the book opens?
(c) Train station.
(d) Bus depot.
15. What is the reason Bobby hit Frannie for the first time?
(a) He was jealous.
(b) He was drunk.
(c) He was grieving.
(d) Hewas stoned.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Beth not put in her duplex?
2. On what does Patty's network survive?
3. What worries Beth about Robert?
4. Why is Beth hesitant about Robert's request?
5. Robert is unaware of what regarding the relationship between his mother and father?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)