|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What news does Patty Bancroft have for Beth when she calls her?
(a) Bobby knows where she is.
(b) She has a new cell phone for her.
(c) She has found a job for her.
(d) She has a car for her.
2. What is the name of Beth and Robert's new town?
(a) Lake Placid.
(b) Lake Plata.
(c) Lake City.
(d) Lake Monroe.
3. Who is Mike Riordan?
(a) Vice Principal at Robert's school.
(b) Beth's landlord.
(c) Bobby's best friend.
(d) Beth's insurance agent.
4. Which room in the house does Beth paint?
(c) Living room.
5. Why did Frannie dismiss Bobby's early violence toward her?
(a) She knew her parents would make her break up with him.
(b) She was afraid to say anything.
(c) She knew he would kill her if she said anything.
(d) She didn't think it would happen again.
6. What did Bobby do when Frannie accepted a phone call from a male co-worker?
(a) Slashed her face.
(b) Burned her with a cigarette.
(c) Raped her.
(d) Locked her in the basement.
7. Beth wonders about what as she settles into her new life?
(a) If she will ever fall in love again.
(b) If she can reconcile with Bobby.
(c) What her life would have been like if she hadn't met Bobby.
(d) If she has made the right decision for Robert.
8. What is the story Beth must tell about her ex-husband?
(a) He is a publisher.
(b) He is a plumber.
(c) He is a mechanic.
(d) He is an accountant.
9. What is Bobby's profession?
(c) Police officer.
10. What does Robert tell Beth soon after their arrival at their new home?
(a) He is ready to go back home now.
(b) He wants to call his father to come get him.
(c) He doesn't think they will be safe here.
(d) He knows this is not a vacation.
11. Who died shortly after Bobby and Frannie married?
(a) Frannie's mother.
(b) Bobby's brother.
(c) Bobby's father.
(d) Bobby's mother.
12. What does Bobby do while he and Frannie wait in the train station?
(a) Plays a video game.
(b) Watches TV.
(c) Reads a comic book.
(d) Takes a nap.
13. Going forward, Frannie feels that as Beth Crenshaw she will be ___________________.
14. Which of the following does Beth not put in her duplex?
(d) Wet bar.
15. What does Robert have a hard time understanding?
(a) Why they can't go on vacation.
(b) Why he can't have a moped.
(c) Why his mother is dating a new man.
(d) Why his mother has taken him away from his family and friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Beth feel when she is with Mike?
2. From where does Patty Bancroft call Beth?
3. What worries Beth about Robert?
4. What warning does Patty Bancroft give to Beth?
5. What color hair does Cindy have?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)