|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Lydia turn back to help Silas search for Mikey?
(a) Because she is afraid of the man she will find.
(b) Because she wants to be free of her family.
(c) Because she no longer loves Mikey.
(d) Because she does not know where to find him.
2. What does Silas fantasize about when thinking about his upcoming birthday party.
(a) Beginning an affair with a much younger woman.
(b) Quitting his job and moving abroad.
(c) Taking a wild vacation with his wife.
(d) Buying a new car.
3. What does Silas decide to do to win Lydia back from Joao?
(a) Challenge Joao to a fistfight.
(b) Enlist the help of Mikey to bring Lydia back home.
(c) Speak rationally to Lydia.
4. Where does Lydia decide to relocate to after leaving Silas?
(a) In Cape Town.
(b) In Pretoria.
(c) In Johannesburg.
(d) In Lesotho.
5. Which of the following is NOT a physical change Silas's mother endured after meeting Du Boise?
(a) She began to grow frail.
(b) She began to go deaf.
(c) She began to have breathing problems.
(d) She began to shrink.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mikey busy with when his mother is healing in their homes?
2. Which of the following groups of people is NOT one that Silas meets with while writing the TRC report?
3. Which of the following actions best describes the way the Ali family deals with their anger?
4. How does Kate package the papers on Du Boise she has stolen for Mikey?
5. How does Silas feel when he realizes that his wife has left him for another man?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Ali Ali end up living in South Africa?
2. What practice does Michael do before he attempts to kill Vinu's father?
3. Why does Michael travel back to the city where he grew up?
4. How does Silas react to Vinu being at Mam Agnes' anniversary party?
5. Where does Michael shoot Vinu's father, and what is his reaction to the crime?
6. How does Alec behave when he and Silas go out for dinner before Mam Agnes's anniversary party?
7. How does Silas feel when he knows that Lydia has left him for good this time?
8. What happens when Michael finally comes face-to-face with Du Boise in the shopping mall?
9. How did Michael bribe the Imam to help him in his murderous plans?
10. How does Mikey change in the month after his mother returns from the hospital?
This section contains 969 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)