|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Lydia turn back to help Silas search for Mikey?
(a) Because she does not know where to find him.
(b) Because she is afraid of the man she will find.
(c) Because she no longer loves Mikey.
(d) Because she wants to be free of her family.
2. While witnessing the procession of cars, what does Michael suddenly remember is in his pocket, forcing him to retreat?
(a) A gun.
(c) Political paperwork.
(d) A knife.
3. Which of the following characters is NOT one that Lydia has as a dance partner during the party?
4. What milestone birthday will Silas be celebrating in the year that the novel is set?
(a) His fiftieth birthday.
(b) His fortieth birthday.
(c) His thirtieth birthday.
(d) His sixtieth birthday.
5. Which of the following is NOT a physical change Silas's mother endured after meeting Du Boise?
(a) She began to go deaf.
(b) She began to grow frail.
(c) She began to shrink.
(d) She began to have breathing problems.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Ali Ali's sister after she gives birth to her daughter?
2. Who takes Michael to the trade store where he attempts to pawn the item stolen from Professor Graham?
3. What is the name of Silas's mother?
4. What does Silas think Lydia was seeking for when she had the affair with Joao?
5. Where do Julian and Kate find Silas, completely drunk, at his birthday party?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Silas react to Vinu being at Mam Agnes' anniversary party?
2. Who is Joao?
3. What happens when Michael finally comes face-to-face with Du Boise in the shopping mall?
4. How does Silas react to Lydia's birthday gift to him?
5. While planning Silas's birthday party, what worries overcome Kate's thoughts at the dinner table?
6. What practice does Michael do before he attempts to kill Vinu's father?
7. What information does Michael have, and think about, before he shoots Du Boise?
8. How does Lydia react to the news that Du Boise is dead?
9. How does Alec behave when he and Silas go out for dinner before Mam Agnes's anniversary party?
10. How did Ouma Angel die?
This section contains 884 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)