|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times did Michael think about how he would shoot the gun before he confronted Vinu's father?
(a) Three times.
2. Where does Michael go to intercept Du Boise and to kill him?
(a) The local mosque.
(b) The army base.
(c) The grocery store.
(d) The shopping mall.
3. Which of the following is the one thing Lydia admits in her conversation with Silas over the phone, from the hotel room?
(a) That she has stolen all of his money.
(b) That she is relocating to another city.
(c) That Mikey stole a gun from his university.
(d) That their marriage is over.
4. What is the name of the religious order that Ali Ali starts?
(a) Pumi flanquird.
(b) Rumi tariqah.
(c) Fumi banshraq.
(d) Qumi oradanzaraq.
5. What look does Du Boise have on his face at the moment Michael shoots him?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Michael respond to Vinu's story of abuse from her father?
2. What month of the year is known as the "month of anniversaries" in the Ali home?
3. Where does Silas sit to think about the effect Joao has had on his life?
4. Where did Du Boise work before entering the army?
5. How does Silas feel when he realizes that his wife has left him for another man?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Vinu emerge from the bushes, screaming and striking at Silas, and what is his reaction to the outburst?
2. How does Mikey change in the month after his mother returns from the hospital?
3. How did Ouma Angel die?
4. What measures has Lydia taken to ensure that she will be able to escape from her family and relocate in Cape Town?
5. Why does Michael travel back to the city where he grew up?
6. What happened when Michael witnessed a convoy of cars outside his father's birthday party?
7. What announcement does Julian make while out for lunch at "The Crucible" with his friends.
8. How does Silas react to Lydia's birthday gift to him?
9. What story of abuse does Vinu tell Michael when she meets him at his home?
10. How does Michael come into possession of the gun he will use to kill Vinu's father?
This section contains 887 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)