|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What class does Mikey take with Vinu Viljoen?
2. Why doesn't Lydia turn back to help Silas search for Mikey?
(a) Because she does not know where to find him.
(b) Because she is afraid of the man she will find.
(c) Because she wants to be free of her family.
(d) Because she no longer loves Mikey.
3. Where was Vinu's father when Michael shot him?
(a) At the ocean.
(b) Near a construction site.
(c) At the grocery store .
(d) In the garden.
4. How does Lydia react to the new bedroom Silas and Mikey have redecorated for her?
(a) She is confused.
(b) She is apathetic.
(c) She is delighted.
(d) She is offended.
5. How does Silas know that Lydia has left him for good?
(a) Her clothes are missing.
(b) Her car is gone.
(c) Her diary is no longer at the desk.
(d) Her wedding ring is lying on the kitchen table.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what incurable disease is Du Boise dying from?
2. At whose home will Silas's birthday party be held?
3. In the month his mother returns from the hospital, which of the following is NOT something Mikey changes about himself?
4. How does Silas react to the birthday gift Lydia presents him with?
5. Who kills the British soldier that attacked Hajera?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mikey change in the month after his mother returns from the hospital?
2. What happened when Michael witnessed a convoy of cars outside his father's birthday party?
3. Why does Michael travel back to the city where he grew up?
4. What information does Michael have, and think about, before he shoots Du Boise?
5. How does Silas react to Lydia's birthday gift to him?
6. What happens when Michael finally comes face-to-face with Du Boise in the shopping mall?
7. How does Silas react to having Lydia back in their home to recover?
8. How does Alec behave when he and Silas go out for dinner before Mam Agnes's anniversary party?
9. How does Silas feel when he knows that Lydia has left him for good this time?
10. While planning Silas's birthday party, what worries overcome Kate's thoughts at the dinner table?
This section contains 907 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)