|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of Lydia's foot was cut in her injuries?
(a) Her tendons.
(b) Her toes.
(c) Her bones.
(d) Her muscles.
2. What is the name of Kate's current girlfriend?
3. Where does Lydia drive Mam Agnes to?
(a) A baby shower.
(b) A wedding.
(c) An engagement party.
(d) A funeral.
4. Whom does Mikey ask Kate to gather papers about and return to him?
(d) Du Boise.
5. How old was Mikey when he found out that Kate was a lesbian?
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is the settee in Lydia's living room?
2. What color eyes does Du Boise have?
3. How much older is Mireille than Silas?
4. What is Silas's son's name?
5. What is the name of Lydia's brother-in-law?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened at a dinner party, which outraged Lydia so much that she never wanted Kate near Mikey again?
2. How does the Ali family react to Silas's seizure?
3. Why does Mikey travel to Shirley Graham's home and what is her reaction to hosting him?
4. Why does Silas follow Du Boise to the cafe?
5. Why is Lydia frustrated with Mikey when she returns from the hospital, and what is his reaction to her frustration?
6. How did Mikey come to contact his sister after she was sent away?
7. When Silas returns from the hospital, where he attempted to pick up Lydia, what fears is he suddenly seized with?
8. What two revelations does Lydia make when the letter arrives to her from Martha in Toronto.
9. Why does Alec become so outraged that he must leave his bedroom and make himself a cup of tea?
10. As an adult looking back, how does Mikey describe his relationship with his mother as a child?
This section contains 841 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)