|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the woman whom Lydia chose as her fantasy lover in Durban?
2. What color is the settee in Lydia's living room?
3. What part of Lydia's foot was cut in her injuries?
(a) Her muscles.
(b) Her bones.
(c) Her toes.
(d) Her tendons.
4. Whom does Mikey ask Kate to gather papers about and return to him?
(a) Du Boise.
5. What food does Mikey order in to share with Julian and Kate?
(d) Sub sandwiches.
Short Answer Questions
1. What religion did Silas's father practice?
2. How does Janine feel about Kate staying at the Ali home?
3. Which of the following seems to be Kate's greatest concern when she secretly meets with Mikey?
4. After Kate leaves Mikey, whom does she have a meeting scheduled with at work?
5. Who sends Lydia a letter from Toronto?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lydia react to the news that Mikey has not come to visit with her at the hospital?
2. How does Mikey react to having to go to the hospital to visit with his mother?
3. How does Silas react to the news that Du Boise is back in town?
4. How does Lydia react to the broken glass beneath her feet?
5. As an adult looking back, how does Mikey describe his relationship with his mother as a child?
6. What does Kate think about when she pulls away from Mikey's house, after he asks her to gather papers on Du Boise?
7. Why does Alec become so outraged that he must leave his bedroom and make himself a cup of tea?
8. Why is Lydia frustrated with Mikey when she returns from the hospital, and what is his reaction to her frustration?
9. What family arrives at Lydia's hospital bedside, and how do they get there?
10. How does the Ali family react to Silas's seizure?
This section contains 909 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)