|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mikey feel when he thinks about Kate naked?
(a) He feels confusion.
(b) He feels boredom.
(c) He feels excitement.
(d) He feels disgust.
2. Which of the following adjectives best describes Julian Solomon's marriage?
3. As a child, what did Mikey want to be when he grew up?
(a) A politician.
(b) A writer.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A teacher.
4. How does Alec react to his wife's request to discuss the family?
(a) He is apathetic
(b) He is angered.
(c) He is confused.
(d) He is relieved.
5. Which of the following characters is NOT one that Grace wants to talk about with Alec when she rouses him from sleep?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Silas run into Du Boise?
2. Why does Silas fear that Lydia is going into shock?
3. How does Lydia know that her letter from Toronto has been intercepted?
4. What part of Lydia's foot was cut in her injuries?
5. How would Mikey describe the relationship between his parents?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Kate react to Mikey while she is staying with him?
2. How does Silas react to seeing Lydia's injuries after she steps on the broken glass?
3. Why does Alec become so outraged that he must leave his bedroom and make himself a cup of tea?
4. What does Silas think about as he is driving home from the hospital after refusing medical care?
5. What family arrives at Lydia's hospital bedside, and how do they get there?
6. Why does Mikey travel to Shirley Graham's home and what is her reaction to hosting him?
7. Why does Silas phone Alec, and what is he suddenly suspicious of him?
8. What memories does Silas have of his father, and his father dying?
9. How does Mikey come to find himself in possession of his mother's diary?
10. What is Mikey's reaction to reading that he is the product of a rape in his mother's diary?
This section contains 920 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)