|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At Mam Agnes's house, who comes out to the car to have a drink with Silas?
2. As a child, what was Mikey's name for his mother?
3. How much older is Mireille than Silas?
(a) Four years.
(b) Three years.
(c) Two years.
(d) One year.
4. Which of the following is NOT something Mikey finds in his mother's desk drawers?
(a) Photographs of him as a child.
(b) A dead and dried carnation.
(c) Grocery store receipts.
(d) Tickets to the zoo.
5. When Lydia found Mikey and his sister lying in bed together, what was the only part of their bodies touching?
(a) Their mouths.
(b) Their knees.
(c) Their hands.
(d) Their feet.
Short Answer Questions
1. While pregnant, what decision does Lydia decide to make after the baby is born?
2. To which of the following does Mikey compare his childhood relationship to his mother?
3. When Alec is drinking his tea, which of the following people is NOT a source of his outrage?
4. How many times have Kate and Mikey secretly met?
5. What is the name of Lydia's sister?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mikey feel about reading his mother's diary?
2. When Silas returns from the hospital, where he attempted to pick up Lydia, what fears is he suddenly seized with?
3. How does Lydia react to the broken glass beneath her feet?
4. How does Silas react to the news that Du Boise is back in town?
5. What does Silas think about as he is driving home from the hospital after refusing medical care?
6. What event does Lydia admit to Silas when she hears that Du Boise is back in town?
7. How does Lydia react to the news that Mikey has not come to visit with her at the hospital?
8. What memories does Silas have of his father, and his father dying?
9. What does Kate think about when she pulls away from Mikey's house, after he asks her to gather papers on Du Boise?
10. How does Mikey treat the small bird that flies in through his kitchen window?
This section contains 949 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)