|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who kills the British soldier that attacked Hajera?
(a) Ali Ali.
2. In what language does the Imam at the mosque speak?
3. How does Silas feel when he realizes that his wife has left him for another man?
(a) He feels boiling anger.
(b) He feels utter confusion.
(c) He feels deep sorrow.
(d) He feels complete relief.
4. Where was Vinu's father when Michael shot him?
(a) Near a construction site.
(b) At the ocean.
(c) At the grocery store .
(d) In the garden.
5. What is the name of Silas's mother?
(a) Ouma Angel.
(b) Ouma Arab.
(c) Ouma Apple.
(d) Ouma Alice.
6. What does Silas decide to do to win Lydia back from Joao?
(a) Challenge Joao to a fistfight.
(c) Speak rationally to Lydia.
(d) Enlist the help of Mikey to bring Lydia back home.
7. What is the name of the restaurant where Silas's birthday party is planned?
(a) The Cauldron.
(b) The Crucible.
(c) The West Side.
(d) Romeo and Juliet's.
8. Which of the following actions best describes the way the Ali family deals with their anger?
(a) They shout.
(b) They argue.
(c) They become silent.
(d) They become violent.
9. Which of the following groups of people is NOT one that Silas meets with while writing the TRC report?
10. What month of the year is known as the "month of anniversaries" in the Ali home?
11. At the time that Lydia hears about Du Boise's death, how many people have been arrested under suspicion of the murder?
(a) One person.
(b) Two people.
(c) No one.
(d) Three people.
12. What is the name of the city where Silas grew up, and where Mikey often visits when he is stressed?
(c) St. Lawrence.
13. Whom does Silas feel has become mixed up with "bad people"?
14. In the month his mother returns from the hospital, which of the following is NOT something Mikey changes about himself?
(a) He cuts his hair short.
(b) He gets an earring.
(c) He starts wearing all black.
(d) He begins speaking with an accent.
15. What milestone birthday will Silas be celebrating in the year that the novel is set?
(a) His thirtieth birthday.
(b) His sixtieth birthday.
(c) His fortieth birthday.
(d) His fiftieth birthday.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lydia hear about Du Boise's death?
2. How does Lydia react to Silas's plea that she return home?
3. Where does Michael go to intercept Du Boise and to kill him?
4. At whose home will Silas's birthday party be held?
5. What is the name of the mosque where Michael's grandfather was the Imam?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)