|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Lydia decide to relocate to after leaving Silas?
(a) In Pretoria.
(b) In Johannesburg.
(c) In Cape Town.
(d) In Lesotho.
2. What look does Du Boise have on his face at the moment Michael shoots him?
3. Where did Du Boise work before entering the army?
(a) In a diamond mine.
(b) On a cotton farm.
(c) On a fishing boat.
(d) In a steel mill.
4. What is the nationality of the soldier that attacked Ali Ali's sister?
5. What milestone birthday will Silas be celebrating in the year that the novel is set?
(a) His fortieth birthday.
(b) His fiftieth birthday.
(c) His thirtieth birthday.
(d) His sixtieth birthday.
6. What class does Mikey take with Vinu Viljoen?
7. Which disease does Lydia begin researching after returning from the hospital?
8. In what room of the house did Michael witness his mother having an affair with a younger man?
(a) In the library.
(b) In the pantry.
(c) In the laundry room.
(d) In the billiards room.
9. Why doesn't Lydia turn back to help Silas search for Mikey?
(a) Because she is afraid of the man she will find.
(b) Because she wants to be free of her family.
(c) Because she no longer loves Mikey.
(d) Because she does not know where to find him.
10. Which of the following characters is NOT invited to the restaurant to help plan Silas's fiftieth birthday party?
11. How does Kate package the papers on Du Boise she has stolen for Mikey?
(a) In a paper bag.
(b) In a manila envelope.
(c) Wrapped in newspaper.
(d) Bundled in a shoebox.
12. Where did Michael decide to point the gun when he shot Vinu's father?
(a) In the chest.
(b) In the stomach.
(c) In the head.
(d) In the back.
13. What does Silas drink until he is drunk at Mam Agnes and Jackson's anniversary party?
14. Who are Haroon and Sadrodien?
(a) Michael's uncles.
(b) Michael's cousins.
(c) Michael's childhood friends.
(d) Michael's brothers.
15. Where was Vinu's father when Michael shot him?
(a) Near a construction site.
(b) At the ocean.
(c) At the grocery store .
(d) In the garden.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lydia hear about Du Boise's death?
2. Who kills the British soldier that attacked Hajera?
3. In what language does the Imam at the mosque speak?
4. Who emerges from the bushes where Silas is sitting, screaming and striking at him?
5. Where does Michael shoot Du Boise, killing him?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)