|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what language does the Imam at the mosque speak?
2. What speech does Kate prepare in her mind in case Silas confronts her?
(a) Why she started an affair with Mikey.
(b) Why she told Lydia about Silas's affair.
(c) Why she has left her government post.
(d) Why she adores Silas and his family.
3. How does Kate package the papers on Du Boise she has stolen for Mikey?
(a) In a paper bag.
(b) Bundled in a shoebox.
(c) In a manila envelope.
(d) Wrapped in newspaper.
4. What is the nationality of the soldier that attacked Ali Ali's sister?
5. What does Michael steal from Professor Graham?
(a) A gun.
(b) A bag of coins.
(c) A folder of papers.
(d) A diamond.
6. Where does Michael shoot Du Boise, killing him?
(a) In the heart.
(b) In the face.
(c) In the back.
(d) In the stomach.
7. Who emerges from the bushes where Silas is sitting, screaming and striking at him?
(b) Du Boise.
8. Who kills the British soldier that attacked Hajera?
(c) Ali Ali.
9. What class does Mikey take with Vinu Viljoen?
10. What celebrity did Michael see when he witnessed the convoy of cars outside the birthday party?
(a) Nelson Mandela.
(b) Mohandas Gandhi.
(c) President George Bush, Sr.
(d) Mother Teresa.
11. Now that she has started working a new job, what does Lydia speak of wanting to purchase?
(a) A new diamond ring.
(b) A new home.
(c) A new car.
(d) A new computer.
12. What is the name of Silas's mother?
(a) Ouma Alice.
(b) Ouma Angel.
(c) Ouma Arab.
(d) Ouma Apple.
13. What is the name of the religious order that Ali Ali starts?
(a) Fumi banshraq.
(b) Qumi oradanzaraq.
(c) Pumi flanquird.
(d) Rumi tariqah.
14. What does Silas think Lydia was seeking for when she had the affair with Joao?
15. Which of the following characters is NOT invited to the restaurant to help plan Silas's fiftieth birthday party?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a physical change Silas's mother endured after meeting Du Boise?
2. What month of the year is known as the "month of anniversaries" in the Ali home?
3. Whom does Silas feel has become mixed up with "bad people"?
4. Whom does Silas call a traitor while out for dinner and drinks?
5. What is the name of the city where Silas grew up, and where Mikey often visits when he is stressed?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)