|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Vinu's father when Michael shot him?
(a) Near a construction site.
(b) At the grocery store .
(c) At the ocean.
(d) In the garden.
2. How many times did Michael think about how he would shoot the gun before he confronted Vinu's father?
(d) Three times.
3. Why does Dr. Johnson phone Lydia and ask for a meeting?
(a) To discuss the welfare of Du Boise.
(b) To discuss Michael's school performance.
(c) To discuss Silas's psychological state.
(d) To discuss her medical exams.
4. At whose home will Silas's birthday party be held?
(a) At Silas's home.
(b) At Julian's home.
(c) At Mam Agnes' home.
(d) At Kate's home.
5. What does Joao ask Lydia to do at the party?
(a) Marry him.
(b) Dance with him.
(c) Introduce him to Kate.
(d) Run away with him.
6. Whom does Michael bribe to help him escape South Africa?
(d) The Imam.
7. What did Michael do so that no passers-by would recognize what he was doing during the murder?
(a) He covered the gun with a pillow .
(b) He waited until a jackhammer started.
(c) He added a silencer to the gun.
(d) He waited until the tide came in.
8. What month of the year is known as the "month of anniversaries" in the Ali home?
9. How does Silas react to the birthday gift Lydia presents him with?
(a) He is amused.
(b) He is offended.
(c) He is outraged.
(d) He is shocked.
10. What does Michael steal from Professor Graham?
(a) A bag of coins.
(b) A folder of papers.
(c) A gun.
(d) A diamond.
11. Who kills the British soldier that attacked Hajera?
(a) Ali Ali.
12. Where does Michael shoot Du Boise, killing him?
(a) In the back.
(b) In the stomach.
(c) In the heart.
(d) In the face.
13. What does Silas drink until he is drunk at Mam Agnes and Jackson's anniversary party?
14. What does Silas think Lydia was seeking for when she had the affair with Joao?
15. Where does Lydia decide to relocate to after leaving Silas?
(a) In Lesotho.
(b) In Johannesburg.
(c) In Cape Town.
(d) In Pretoria.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who takes Michael to the trade store where he attempts to pawn the item stolen from Professor Graham?
2. Which disease does Lydia begin researching after returning from the hospital?
3. What is the nationality of the soldier that attacked Ali Ali's sister?
4. What is the name of the religious order that Ali Ali starts?
5. To which country does Michael hope to escape after the murders are complete?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)