|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What milestone birthday will Silas be celebrating in the year that the novel is set?
(a) His fortieth birthday.
(b) His fiftieth birthday.
(c) His thirtieth birthday.
(d) His sixtieth birthday.
2. Whom does Silas feel has become mixed up with "bad people"?
3. When Silas returns from the hospital, where is Lydia sleeping?
(a) In the bathtub.
(b) In the living room.
(c) In Mikey's bedroom.
(d) In their bedroom.
4. Why doesn't Lydia turn back to help Silas search for Mikey?
(a) Because she is afraid of the man she will find.
(b) Because she no longer loves Mikey.
(c) Because she does not know where to find him.
(d) Because she wants to be free of her family.
5. To which country does Michael hope to escape after the murders are complete?
6. What did Michael do so that no passers-by would recognize what he was doing during the murder?
(a) He covered the gun with a pillow .
(b) He waited until the tide came in.
(c) He waited until a jackhammer started.
(d) He added a silencer to the gun.
7. Which of the following is NOT something Silas feels he is completely incapable of doing with his family?
8. Where does Michael go to intercept Du Boise and to kill him?
(a) The grocery store.
(b) The army base.
(c) The shopping mall.
(d) The local mosque.
9. Now that she has started working a new job, what does Lydia speak of wanting to purchase?
(a) A new car.
(b) A new computer.
(c) A new diamond ring.
(d) A new home.
10. What does Silas think Lydia was seeking for when she had the affair with Joao?
11. Whom does Michael bribe to help him escape South Africa?
(b) The Imam.
12. Where does Michael shoot Du Boise, killing him?
(a) In the face.
(b) In the stomach.
(c) In the back.
(d) In the heart.
13. Which disease does Lydia begin researching after returning from the hospital?
14. What is the nationality of the soldier that attacked Ali Ali's sister?
15. Where was Vinu's father when Michael shot him?
(a) Near a construction site.
(b) At the grocery store .
(c) In the garden.
(d) At the ocean.
Short Answer Questions
1. What celebrity did Michael see when he witnessed the convoy of cars outside the birthday party?
2. What month of the year is known as the "month of anniversaries" in the Ali home?
3. Who takes Michael to the trade store where he attempts to pawn the item stolen from Professor Graham?
4. In what country was Ali Ali born?
5. What does Silas drink until he is drunk at Mam Agnes and Jackson's anniversary party?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)